Wonderboy vs Till is the most elite striking match in MMA history.

id say anderson-vitor and shogun-machida are superior.

Pump the breaks! Pump the breaks! WB is a proven stud, but Till is totally unproven and should have lost to fucking Dalby. KO'ing old man Cerrone does not mean squat. As WB said, Masvidal is better than Till, and tho I don't know if that is true, Mas is definitely more proven than Till. Why wasn't WB vs Mas the most elite striking match ever then?

Aldo vs Conor, CoGar vs Cruz, Cruz vs TJ, TJ vs CoGar, Jones vs D.C./Gus, Fedor vs CC, Whittaker vs WB, or even WB vs TWood, all immediately come to mind as being more elite.

McGregor vs Aldo was better until it happened
Yep. Everyone accepted it as such, then McG slept him in one punch and people conveniently forgot that everyone previously accepted it as the most elite striking level ever seen in MMA. Till may be McGregor good, but he has to beat a lot better fighters than old man Cerrone. McGregor was a previous two weight champ, had beaten Holloway, DP and Mendes, was devastatingly dominant and Aldo was considered the GOAT and unbeatable......Till WB may be fantastic, but it does not hold a candle to 194.

wtf no its not. god people are so quick to jump the gun on fighters give Till some more time man...... id say one of the most elite striking match theres been so far in the UFC was Machida vs Shogun 1.

Hopefully Till blasts the living shit out of him early. Get WB as far from the title (or even main cards) as possible.

I'd still be more excited for a MVP vs. Wonderboy fight. But, yeah, it's a good fight.

um, this is a good fight and all, but, most elite striking match in MMA history?

lol what the fuck

No that would only be the case if Badr Hari who is a multiple time world champion in kickboxing fought someone like perhaps Jon Jones at LHW
Or even Isreal Adensanya vs Stephen Thompson who are both elite kickboxers, thing is Isreal has actually won world championships in kickboxing

And we all know that MMA fighter's striking obviously generally wont be as good or close to a kickboxer or a boxer as they can spend all their time on the stand up

TS is not wrong.

In MMA it is debatable, but in kickboxing Till and Wonderboy have a combined 101-0 record.

It is going to be a boring point fight that Wonderboy will control from bell to bell.

Pump the breaks! Pump the breaks! WB is a proven stud, but Till is totally unproven and should have lost to fucking Dalby. KO'ing old man Cerrone does not mean squat. As WB said, Masvidal is better than Till, and tho I don't know if that is true, Mas is definitely more proven than Till. Why wasn't WB vs Mas the most elite striking match ever then?

Aldo vs Conor, CoGar vs Cruz, Cruz vs TJ, TJ vs CoGar, Jones vs D.C./Gus, Fedor vs CC, Whittaker vs WB, or even WB vs TWood, all immediately come to mind as being more elite.
I’m on your side here, but Jones vs. DC? No chance. None of those matchups really fit the bill in terms of pure strikers other than Aldo vs. Conor. As others have said, Aldo/Conor, Shogun/Machida and Silva/Belfort are the top 3 that come to mind. Also Cro Cop vs. Overeem if they actually got to finish the fight.

No it's not. Hell, TJ vs. Cody happened like 8 months ago. I didn't even need to think deeply inorder to find a higher level striking match in mma history.

Hunt vs overeem might be technically the moste elite striking I think.

Till vs wonderboy is pretty high up there though, should be a fun match.

No. Reem and Hunt is a bad example. Maybe a good example of two guys who once had it all, but lost it long ago, but are 265 so they hit hard as fuck and know where to hit.

Kelvin vs Robert will be amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back