Wonderboy vs Till is the most elite striking match in MMA history.

Can't say that beforehand. Could be a one sided mismatch.

Hunt cro cop
Cro cop overeem

I could rattle off dozens more

I’m on your side here, but Jones vs. DC? No chance. None of those matchups really fit the bill in terms of pure strikers other than Aldo vs. Conor. As others have said, Aldo/Conor, Shogun/Machida and Silva/Belfort are the top 3 that come to mind. Also Cro Cop vs. Overeem if they actually got to finish the fight.
yup... also listing twood vs wonderboy as an elite striking match?
<{cruzshake}>

He has looked less then dominant against sub standard competition. Massively overrated and very hittable. Man Dalby was tagging him and you don’t think Wonderboy can. Jorge had better everything, including defensr against strikes and couldn’t do shit. Till gets exposed after swinging at air for 4 rounds. You are the definition of a nut hugger my man. Rory and Woodley couldn’t put Wonderboy away put a guy that can’t knock out scrubs can......sure pal.

Till has been more than excellent in his last three fights. Of course he can tag Till but it works both ways. Dalby tagged him couple of times but Wonderboy got tagged & lost round against Nah-Son Burrell. Also got his ass badly whooped by Matt Brown. Jorge doesn't understand the range same way Till does. He mostly just throws his shots without picking good angles which will be key to victory against Wonderboy. Till has excellent ability for counters and his style fits way better against Wonderboy.

I am just recognizing the talent here, my friend & Darren Till is different kind of animal than Rory & Woodley. Woodley proved twice that Wonderboy goes down if you hit him hard in the face. And i can easily see Till tagging him way more often than Woodley did.

Till has been more than excellent in his last three fights. Of course he can tag Till but it works both ways. Dalby tagged him couple of times but Wonderboy got tagged & lost round against Nah-Son Burrell. Also got his ass badly whooped by Matt Brown. Jorge doesn't understand the range same way Till does. He mostly just throws his shots without picking good angles which will be key to victory against Wonderboy. Till has excellent ability for counters and his style fits way better against Wonderboy.

I am just recognizing the talent here, my friend & Darren Till is different kind of animal than Rory & Woodley. Woodley proved twice that Wonderboy goes down if you hit him hard in the face. And i can easily see Till tagging him way more often than Woodley did.
Dude the only reason Woodley hit him was because the threat of the takedown. He doesn’t have to worry about that here. He will see everything coming. Dude you have a hard on for Till it’s ok man. You are claiming Till is better than Rory and Woodley based of him beating at 155 guy on a 2 fight losing streak. He is fighting a natural 170 now.... so let’s see what’s up? What a fucking man crush though.

Yeah because the fight totally already happened and we know this for a fact...

Dude the only reason Woodley hit him was because the threat of the takedown. He doesn’t have to worry about that here. He will see everything coming. Dude you have a hard on for Till it’s ok man. You are claiming Till is better than Rory and Woodley based of him beating at 155 guy on a 2 fight losing streak. He is fighting a natural 170 now.... so let’s see what’s up? What a fucking man crush though.

He will until Darren fucks his rhythm up with feints and puts him to sleep with big nasty left hand. I don't base it at anything on his record. Eye-test says he is best striker we've ever seen on this division and he will prove it on next Sunday for everyone. Natural 170, but it doesn't change the fact that Darren is almost twice of his size & hits like heavyweight for fuck's sake.

He will until Darren fucks his rhythm up with feints and puts him to sleep with big nasty left hand. I don't base it at anything on his record. Eye-test says he is best striker we've ever seen on this division and he will prove it on next Sunday for everyone. Natural 170, but it doesn't change the fact that Darren is almost twice of his size & hits like heavyweight for fuck's sake.
The eye test showed me he beat a guy that’s always struggled with people like him coming off 2 losses and then beat guys he should have beat not looking like an elite striker in any of those fights. You keep saying he hits like a HW but is having issues putting away average natural 170 fighters.... dude buy him a fucking ring.

I haven't seen any Till bouts. What did he do to gain such legendary status?

A good piece of WB game was shut down due to the takedown threat. If it's a kickboxing fight WB DESTROYS woodley. Please.

nkjVUpN.gif
Did Rory's dance manage to make it rain or at least scare away evil ogres?

I still think its Mousasi vs Machida.

but the thing is, Wonderboy has an advantage on the ground, i think i can see him taking the fight there.

Till is going to get schooled badly. He is not able to compete with Wonderboy. He will also be very worried about getting KO'd in his own hometown so he won't be taking too many chances, especially early in the fight. The main thing I'm worried about is complacency from Wonderboy. I think he sees Till as a scrub and may be coming into the fight with those thumb injuries

Hunt cro cop
Cro cop overeem

I could rattle off dozens more

Fedor/Crocop is IMHO the best actual striking contest in MMA history IMHO in terms of the ability on display, especially in terms of defence.

Wonderboy is very good, but Woodley dropped him twice and won the 50 minutes battle, hence the latter is the better striker.

It is hard to argue that Wonderboy vs Woodley wasn't the most elite striking match in MMA history. A chess match between two masterminds who spent two decades honing their craft

Wonderboy was too worried about the takedown.

Shogun VS Machida 1 was too elite strikers focused on striking and using everything in their repertoire.

A very underrated candidate i think is Jose Aldo vs Chad Mendes II. That fight is easily in my top 5 best MMA fights of all time and i think it could be top 5 MMA striking battles for sure.

Dillashaw Barao I and II were pretty insane displays of MMA striking too. Moreso their 2nd fight perhaps where Barao was abit more game and it was slightly more competitive.

For those who forgot this classic.

Last edited:
Back