WME Paid $4Billion For 3 fighters, Jones's Net Value Loss for the UFC is $1.33Billion Dollars

The UFC paid a good sum of money for the defunct Pride, not to put them out of competition... but for their catalogue of fights.

Not for the contracts, not for nostalgia sake. For the catalogue.

lol like you have ever invested in anything and have a clue
I have, not in the billions of course, barely in the thousands.
However! I read and listen, plus there is the common sense thing!

I have, not in the billions of course, barely in the thousands.
However! I read and listen, plus there is the common sense thing!
you sound like a chic with that logic, do you follow horoscopes too?

Also this is nonsense:

"The biggest PPV ever and 2nd biggest live gate for a fight appears to be between a retired boxer and a novice boxer, people will buy any old shit, it's got nothing to do with talent."

That fight was not just a fight between a retired boxer and a novice boxer. Clearly it was more than that. Or are you claiming that any fight in the world that's a retired boxer vs a novice boxer will sell the same amount? People will not buy any old shit. There's very few fights that will sell that many ppv's.

You do realise you're quoting a post and then quting it again right, in addition to writing a load of bollocks?
And here's a thought, try replying in one post, it's not hard.

Get Ronaldo to fight Mayweather or Steph Curry to do it or Kim Kardasian that'd probably sell more so yes people will buy any old shit.

you sound like a chic with that logic, do you follow horoscopes too?
\
You mean "chick"
nah just common sense baby. WSJ
Companies dont invest billions in athletes they buy into long term brands.

WME paid 4 billion for for Conor, Rhonda and Jones.

hows that workign out for them anyway?
Their overall stock has increase quite a bit and had 2B+ reinvested in them..so I assume they are doing well.

I think you are confusing a lot of info
WME & investors bought UFC at a price of $3.95b

WME recently had investors re-invest $2.2b into WME & part of that was allocated to buying out some minority owners, so WME can have 51% by the time the new TV deal gets announced.
The company is now evaluated at $5b, so that is the price they bought out a few minority partners at.

Both WME & UFC have gone up in value since the sale.
UFC 20% & WME almost $15
Thanks. WME going up only $15 Seems pretty slow going.

The biggest PPV draws aren't the most talented fighters so you pretending it matters is silly.

That doesn't make any sense. Just because the biggest draws aren't the most talented doesn't mean that talent isn't a factor at all.

You do realise you're quoting a post and then quting it again right, in addition to writing a load of bollocks?
And here's a thought, try replying in one post, it's not hard.

Get Ronaldo to fight Mayweather or Steph Curry to do it or Kim Kardasian that'd probably sell more so yes people will buy any old shit.

It's becoming clear why your posts aren't making much sense. It's because you're an angry douche lol

hows those tv deals and PPV's workign out with cards full of nobodies

exactly.
The TV deal is currently being negotiated, i know you're desperate for billionaires to be unsuccessful for some reason. But you clearly don't know what you're talking about, the low pay will make sure that the UFC profits a shit load from most PPVs anyway. If you're going to talk business, atleast act like you know business.

They had an 850k PPV last month and in a month or 2 they have GSP coming back, but don't let facts disturb your fantasy.

The TV deal is currently being negotiated, i know you're desperate for billionaires to be unsuccessful for some reason. But you clearly don't know what you're talking about, the low pay will make sure that the UFC profits a shit load from most PPVs anyway. If you're going to talk business, atleast act like you know business.

They had an 850k PPV last month and in a month or 2 they have GSP coming back, but don't let facts disturb your fantasy.
<36><TrumpWrong1>

Nope, it's actually correct, but that's why in 10 years I'll have moved on from this shit heap of a forum and you'll still be here in another decades time talking absolute nonsense with zero facts.

Nope, it's actually correct, but that's why in 10 years I'll have moved on from this shit heap of a forum and you'll still be here in another decades time talking absolute nonsense with zero facts.
<DCrying>

It's becoming clear why your posts aren't making much sense. It's because you're an angry douche lol

Well at least you're not double quoting any more, that's progress.

Still no valid points but I guess that's too much to expect.

The block button is a thing of beauty.

It is
But tbf, a year ago a lot more people would have agreed instead of counter-pointing
So a lot are understanding actual business & how it relates to UFC.
The struggle was real, but results were achieved ;)

Back