WME Paid $4Billion For 3 fighters, Jones's Net Value Loss for the UFC is $1.33Billion Dollars

the ufc isn't going anywhere. stars will emerge in time. i think the public has become accustomed to the violence of mma, and that was the real hurdle the ufc needed to jump over.

No they did not!

Well, UFC are making over $100m profit this year & WME went up almost 15% in value since buying less than 50% of UFC
I'd say they are very happy :)

You keep repeating this and its still not true.

The debt service WME carries requires something in the course of 125m profit to break even now.

Their old debt service with Zuffa was around 25m, and they were only paying interest etc

Not saying that I agree with what they are doing. But they are making money anyhow. How could anyone think anything else?
becasue PPV sales and overall interest in the UFC are way way down from last year and its almost October already with nothing really on the horizon?

You keep repeating this and its still not true.

The debt service WME carries requires something in the course of 125m profit to break even now.

Their old debt service with Zuffa was around 25m, and they were only paying interest etc
he wont acknowledge the debt WME is carrying

I refer you to my previous post, which you just quoted (only the once again well done so at least you've learnt something here) and you've demonstrated it again.

The UFC is bigger than any fighter. You seem to have ok reading skills but very little in the way of comprehension. Any time a sports team loses there biggest star (which is a reasonable comparison) it's always doom and gloom but the team continues and nothing much changes there may be a dip in the short term but they still make money. You're wrong. You were wrong in you first double quoting post and you're still wrong now.

Yeah you keep focusing on those quotes bro, it makes you sound really mature and intelligent lol

"Talent doesn't matter in the UFC" - Congo66

"People will watch whoever" - Congo66

Genius!

lol

It's ok though, you have a low IQ, and I won't fault you for trying to use it.

becasue PPV sales and overall interest in the UFC are way way down from last year and its almost October already with nothing really on the horizon?

And they are still operating at a profit, which is a fact.
Doubt it gets any worse than this year - a company operates not on short term but on long terms. They can get a new TV deal in a year or two, expand in foreign countries, there is much left to be done that WME seeks to accomplish.
Might not be too profitable in the short term, but the company will stabilize in the long term. And as long as they're operating at a profit they're fine.

And they are still operating at a profit, which is a fact.
Doubt it gets any worse than this year - a company operates not on short term but on long terms. They can get a new TV deal in a year or two, expand in foreign countries, there is much left to be done that WME seeks to accomplish.
lol is it? and why insert your own dopey logic it it you have no clue whatsoever

i already laid out the arguments, you gave me your dopey opinion based on feels

lmao, stop throwing buzzwords out there with no context whatsoever.

Where did I make an argument that related to my "feels"?
Also, you presented no argument whatsoever. You doubted that the UFC operates at a profit, but that is (unfortunately for you) a fact.

Yes, PPV sales are down. UFC is dying because of that - right? Is that what you wanna hear?
lol

It's idiotic logic, the UFC is bigger than it's stars.
People will still watch whoever the UFC put out.

This is how you do it you dumb fuck.

Yeah you keep focusing on those quotes bro, it makes you sound really mature and intelligent lol

"Talent doesn't matter in the UFC" - Congo66

"People will watch whoever" - Congo66

Genius!

lol

It's ok though, you have a low IQ, and I won't fault you for trying to use it.

Where did I say the same number of people will watch you dumb fuck or that people only watch the most talented fighters.
If you're going to quote try and quote the actual quote instead of making it up.

"Because I'm too dumb to be able to use quotes here I make shit up" - SherdogJoe

lmao, stop throwing buzzwords out there with no context whatsoever.

Where did I make an argument that related to my "feels"?
Also, you presented no argument whatsoever. You doubted that the UFC operates at a profit, but that is (unfortunately for you) a fact.
everyone of your posts is "i think this" "or "i would do that"

fact is sales and interest is way down, 10 months into the year and will for sure carry into next year and beyond

everyone of your posts is "i think this" "or "i would do that"

fact is sales and interest is way down, 10 months into the year and will for sure carry into next year and beyond

And the sport will recover and continue to operate at a profit, so.... what?
New stars will emerge, new fans will emerge, etc.

UFC is doing ok, bad year for profits, but not a bad year if you´re a hardcore fan anyway.
And WME is surely gonna have a plan. They're focusing way more on the international market.

And the sport will recover and continue to operate at a profit, so.... what?
New stars will emerge, new fans will emerge, etc.

UFC is doing ok, bad year for profits, but not a bad year if you´re a hardcore fan anyway.
And WME is surely gonna have a plan. They're focusing way more on the international market.

lol so thats why they closed their offices around the world and shitcanned all the executives that fostered those markets?

you must be a stakeholder with this type of delusion

Fair point.
The fact Fox makes money off them is the key
Plus they have said from the day they purchased that they will change the way content is distributed as far as new deals.
They said in July 2016 that they hoped to make their next TV with a true partner & cut down on PPV & bring bigger fights to TV.
Fox bid $3.6b on UFC themselves & WME & Fox negotiated the last TV deal for UFC.
So bringing Fox on as a partner is realistic, but even as a non partner all odds point to it.
Also timing is VERY important.
UFC is the only sports franchise with a deal coming up & sports value on TV has never been higher.

As far as "RR, Conor, etc" no longer fighting
They were never on Fox anyway.

But in 2019 things will change to the way WME wants things.
Expect a very different UFC next decade

Will it be better?
Who knows, but WME has a great track record as an ATM.

Another thing a lot don't realize is thatWME is nothing like Lorenzo/Frank as far as structure.
They are not two guys that decide things on a whim.
WME is owned by several major investors include Silver Lakes.
Ari & his partner run the company (like DW does UFC) but the big business decisions have a lot of top money minds behind it.
Also WME does not even own 50% of UFC, so over $2b were invested by minority owners that felt it was a great deal as well.

I totally understand thinking "WTF $4b???", but by this time I & others gave enough real info that people should see that dozens of top business minds see UFC's future as a wise investment.
but didn't WME buy UFC for 4.5 billion? so it was actually like 50% WME and 50% other people that WME convinced to invest on the UFC?

This is how you do it you dumb fuck.

Where did I say the same number of people will watch you dumb fuck or that people only watch the most talented fighters.
If you're going to quote try and quote the actual quote instead of making it up.

"Because I'm too dumb to be able to use quotes here I make shit up" - SherdogJoe

Damn. You sound upset. Maybe you should stop crying like a little bitch and then you'll be able to follow the convo.

;)

but didn't WME buy UFC for 4.5 billion? so it was actually like 50% WME and 50% other people that WME convinced to invest on the UFC?

The price was $3.95b
Someone reported $4.2b but was incorrect

WME spearheaded the deal but there are a lot of other owner (not include the Hollywood stars that invested).
WME & a Chinese company were going to buy it together, but that company decided to bid on their own, so that is when WME took out a loan .

At the time of the sale, WME did not own 51%. as of two-three months ago they did not.
But SLP & other investors re-invested $1.1b into WME because WME went up almost 15% in a year.
Part of the allocation was to fund WME buying out enough partners that they control 51%.

The supposed urgency is due to the fox negotiations & that a deal is rumored to be close or agreed to.
If WME owns more shares at the time of the announcement, they will profit even more
Also controlling 51% might be a sign of going public in the future as well, but maybe someone more versed in that can speak on it ( @Trojanlegal ?)

Regarding the debt,
UFC is not WME.
UFC yearly profits does not have any bearing on what & how WME/others paid for it.
If UFC were to be sold today, it would be sold at a price due to how UFC performs, not how the owners bought it.

WME can break even on UFC & still be making money, because UFC helped WME's over-all value as a company.
the same way WME helps SLP's.

Most people don't get that.

I hope that explains things better.

*edit: They received $1.1b not $2,2b ... i have no idea why I typed that ITT. My apology

Last edited:
They bought it for the logo and the rich history. Also they really like "bring the pain" as a song.

Back