With Diversity Hired Doctors, Police, etc. -- Feel Less Safe W/ Minority Professionals Less?

Nah, I feel safe especially since black people typically have to be very over qualified for a job to get hired.

yeah, keep throwing around insults. no wonder nobody takes you seriously lol.
his fear is not of black people, his fear is of letting people into positions, on which people's lives depend on daily, not because they were the best, but because of something else. this something else being race is what is triggering you, and your triggered states makes you blind. who is the fucking moron?
maybe you should be addressing the issue why they are less qualified to the point that they cant be treated equally in the selection process. but noooo, that is too hard. it is much easier to scream "racist" and "fucking moron" every time you little fragile psyche is triggered.

His post, and subsequent posts were racist. No one with half a brain would read them and come to any other conclusion.

Luckily, you don't seem to have half a brain. That explains why you say "triggered" so often.

The comment of a scared wiener. Explains the whole thread tbh.
people LIVING there will tell you the same. go ride public transport there with your shiny iphone hanging from your back pocket - you will lose it very quickly. funny though, they dont called it being scared, they call it not being a dumbass.
would you play Russian roulette? oh, come on, dont be a scared wiener - not all chambers got a bullet in it.

His post, and subsequent posts were racist. No one with half a brain would read them and come to any other conclusion.

Luckily, you don't seem to have half a brain. That explains why you say "triggered" so often.
nowhere in his post did he say "black people". you in your very first response said it.

When you know that police, doctors, etc. were potentially hired over other candidates due to their skin color, do you feel less safe when you get pulled over by a minority policeman or get treated by a minority doctor? Or your house is on fire and minority firefighters show up? Etc.

This is an obvious elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about. But it should be. It's just one of the things that naturally happens when racial discrimination is brought into the hiring process.

Personally, if a family member of mine is in a life or death situation and the level of care really matters.. when you know that it's very possible you're not getting the best doctor due to racial discrimination against people that look like you.. how can you not feel less safe?

You do realize with have a major doctor shortage in the US? If you are being treated by a minority doctor you either live in a rural area or an area with a large portion of the population that identifies ethnically with the Dr.

people LIVING there will tell you the same. go ride public transport there with your shiny iphone hanging from your back pocket - you will lose it very quickly. funny though, they dont called it being scared, they call it not being a dumbass.
would you play Russian roulette? oh, come on, dont be a scared wiener - not all chambers got a bullet in it.
Yeah have trouble imaging being a scared enough pussy to quake in fear at the sight of another human with different skin pigmentation than me.

I don't think it's necessarily an observable effect on an individual basis, and individual occurrence basis. On a organizational level, diversity hires probably do hamper productivity, but companies don't seem to hire that many of them.

I do think there's a fairness issue when Asians and whites with better test scores get pushed out in favour of blacks and Hispanics with lower grades.
why is this "fairness issue" only used for certain careers, and jobs but not others like sports, acting, singing, public figures, politicians,etc?

Wholly shit? Really?:rolleyes:

The whole premise of this thread is that whites are more capable of being police officers than minorities. If this holds true there'd be a shit ton of more national headlines about all the black officers shooting unarmed white people. Believe dat.
even if that's true, it doesn't fit the American Propaganda, so it gets tossed out of the news, much less headlining it.

Currently, my department is at least 10 people understaffed. We are trying to hire whomever we can that passes all of the requirements. We can't find too many that do pass everything, and when we do hire, they bitch out and quit the academy. Hell, one of our new guys at the academy was making fun of one of the other new guys for quitting, then his bitch ass quit last week.

Anyway, I am in favor of hiring as many as we can, and I would love to get some minority officers on hand. The chief is even trying to circumvent the civil service laws to hire people that pass and fast track them, especially the minorities before they are hired elsewhere. It is very competitive. The NAACP and black caucus had a meeting with the chief where they basically threatened that if he didn't hire black officers, they would protest. When he told them that we could not get any to pass the tests, they demanded we lower the standards or make "exceptions" to get more diversity. Sounds like an excellent plan for a police department

I don't feel that way.

I do notice its easier for certain minorities to get jobs with less education than other people. Seen it all through college. It would be nice for this to be recognized, and used to stop the screaming about racism for even further social advantage.

When you know that police, doctors, etc. were potentially hired over other candidates due to their skin color, do you feel less safe when you get pulled over by a minority policeman or get treated by a minority doctor? Or your house is on fire and minority firefighters show up? Etc.
That would depend on what minority it is. If it's Arab or African, then sure, based on the average IQ of such people I would assume that they were borderline retarded and because of that less capable at doing the job correctly than whites. But if the minority is asian (like Japanese or Korean, obviously not Afghani...) I would assume the opposite instead, that they would outperform whites.

Back