With Diversity Hired Doctors, Police, etc. -- Feel Less Safe W/ Minority Professionals Less?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When you know that police, doctors, etc. were potentially hired over other candidates due to their skin color, do you feel less safe when you get pulled over by a minority policeman or get treated by a minority doctor? Or your house is on fire and minority firefighters show up? Etc.

This is an obvious elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about. But it should be. It's just one of the things that naturally happens when racial discrimination is brought into the hiring process.

Personally, if a family member of mine is in a life or death situation and the level of care really matters.. when you know that it's very possible you're not getting the best doctor due to racial discrimination against people that look like you.. how can you not feel less safe?

How do you know that black police officer was less qualified than a white one?

As far as I know, a black doctor still has to go through medical school.

Firefighters have rigorous physical training that isn't made easier for black people. (Women get breaks in NYC though. Thanks feminism.)

If the presence of a black person makes you feel "less safe", perhaps you need to evaluate your racism, pal.

How do you know that black police officer was less qualified than a white one?

You know that the black officer likely didn't get hired for being the best officer, but instead he got hired for being the blackest officer. That's reason enough to be worried.

As far as I know, a black doctor still has to go through medical school.

Easier to get into medical school, easier to get residencies, easier to get post-residency jobs, harder to get fired.

Go down any column. Obviously, your doctor, if he's a preferred minority, is more likely to be a 3.2 24 MCAT guy than a non-preferred minority or white person would be.

medschool.jpg

Firefighters have rigorous physical training that isn't made easier for black people. (Women get breaks in NYC though. Thanks feminism.
Same answer as for the cops.

Last edited:
Not sure about these other professions, but the fear of minorities spitting in my food is why I stopped eating at fast food joints. Everyone's out to get the white man.

You know that the black officer likely didn't get hired for being the best officer, but instead he got hired for being the blackest officer. That's reason enough to be worried.

No. I don't know that. You have no way of identifying an officer who may have been hired due to preferential treatment based on race. I am not going to take issue with an individual because people like you just know that they were hired for racial reasons. Stop it.

Easier to get into medical school, easier to get residencies, easier to get post-residency jobs, harder to get fired.

Go down any column. Obviously, your doctor, if he's a preferred minority, is more likely to be a 3.2 24 MCAT guy than a non-preferred minority or white person would be.

Is medical school easier once they get in? In an incredibly competitive field, are black medical students getting breaks for the sake of diversity? Or are they, I don't know, busting their asses and becoming doctors?

Stop being racist.

No. I don't know that. You have no way of identifying an officer who may have been hired due to preferential treatment based on race.
Yes, you do have a way of identifying an officer who may have been hired due to his race -- that would be his race.. duh?

And since an officer's race is the only way you have of identifying said officer.. it encourages racism against all black officers. That's my entire point.

This kind of anti-white and anti-Asian racism makes racism against black professionals useful for self preservation and, unfortunately, a useful tool in judging potential black professionals.

Is medical school easier once they get in? In an incredibly competitive field, are black medical students getting breaks for the sake of diversity? Or are they, I don't know, busting their asses and becoming doctors?
It's easier to get residencies, easier to get jobs post-residency, and harder to get fired. Yes, every step of the way -- getting into college, getting into medical school, and then every step after medical school -- is easier for preferred minorities.

Yes you do have a way of identifying an officer who may have been hired due to his race -- that would be his race.. duh?

So, you feel unsafe around all black police officers because some may have been hired because of their race?

I have a feeling that black people in general make you feel less safe.

So, you feel unsafe around all black police officers because some may have been hired because of their race?
I do feel a bit less safe being cared for by black doctors -- and I don't want to. That's why I made this thread.

As for less safe around black police? I don't know, I've never been in that situation.

I do certainly feel a bit less safe around black doctors -- and I don't want to have to. That's why I made this thread.

As for less safe around black police? I don't know, I've never been in that situation.

Hey, not wanting to is the first step to no longer being a racist piece of shit.

Go see black doctors more. They haven't killed me yet. You'll probably be fine.

No, I wouldn't feel less safe. Not in favor of forced diversity hire.

But I wouldn't know if the person was hired because of that.
And even if he wasn't qualified as much as the white person doesn't necessarily mean he won't be the better Dr. or cop when put into the field.

So I would have to make a lot of assumption. Which at this point I don't think is justified.

Hey, not wanting to is the first step to no longer being a racist piece of shit.

Go see black doctors more. They haven't killed me yet. You'll probably be fine.
Are you telling me to ignore statistics? Why?

If the education process and the hiring process weren't racist against white and Asian doctors, black doctors would have the same statistics as white and Asian doctors do. And then looking at statistics wouldn't encourage racism against black doctors and looking at the statistics would be fine with you.

Doesn't that make you feel a bit weird about wanting me to ignore statistics?

The people bringing racism into the conversation are the education and hiring policies. If it were up to me, racism would be removed from the education and hiring processes and so discussing it would be a non-starter.

If you don't want black doctors, tell the person at the front desk you don't want a black doctor. Or leave the office if you're matched up with one.

Problem solved.

If you don't want black doctors, tell the person at the front desk you don't want a black doctor. Or leave the office if you're matched up with one.

Problem solved.
Every single doctor I had growing up was black. They were great.

The problem is that it's more likely that they're not going to be great. And if the education and hiring processes weren't racist, that wouldn't be true. There should be the exact same proportion of good: bad black doctors as there are good: bad Asian doctors. Those proportions are very different though because of racists -- and the racists making those proportions different aren't people like me.

pro tip... as a physician.. i prefer female providers.. they tend to listen to your concerns more than men..

of course.. my PCP is a nurse practioner who is basically listens to exactly what i want prescribed ;)

btw.. no one in the medical profession gives 2 shits where someone goes to medical school.. it's their residency/fellowship training that really matters

I have a feeling that black people in general make you feel less safe.
lol typical liberal bullshit. #notallblahblahblah
when I go back to Ukraine for vacation, I move my cellphone from back jean pockets to front ones. not because everyone is a thieving scumbag, but because there are more of them. it is called common sense.
and I am not feeling unsafe around everyone there, only around those I dont know. I trust my friends and family.

lol typical liberal bullshit. #notallblahblahblah
when I go back to Ukraine for vacation, I move my cellphone from back jean pockets to front ones. not because everyone is a thieving scumbag, but because there are more of them. it is called common sense.
and I am not feeling unsafe around everyone there, only around those I dont know. I trust my friends and family.

You sound unreasonable paranoid.

What does your anecdote portraying your paranoid tendencies have to do with @superpunch feeling uncomfortable around black people?

When you know that police, doctors, etc. were potentially hired over other candidates due to their skin color, do you feel less safe when you get pulled over by a minority policeman or get treated by a minority doctor? Or your house is on fire and minority firefighters show up? Etc.

This is an obvious elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about. But it should be. It's just one of the things that naturally happens when racial discrimination is brought into the hiring process.

Personally, if a family member of mine is in a life or death situation and the level of care really matters.. when you know that it's very possible you're not getting the best doctor due to racial discrimination against people that look like you.. how can you not feel less safe?

Careful.

If you are going to argue "best man for the job", that means mass immigration and letting in the "best men for the job" regardless of race or nationality.

This will of course fly in the face of all your "white genocide white nationalist diversity is not strength" memes.

Last edited:
Blatant white supremacist horseshit thread. Not worth an ounce of reason.

Back