With Diversity Hired Doctors, Police, etc. -- Feel Less Safe W/ Minority Professionals Less?

I don't think it's necessarily an observable effect on an individual basis, and individual occurrence basis. On a organizational level, diversity hires probably do hamper productivity, but companies don't seem to hire that many of them.

I do think there's a fairness issue when Asians and whites with better test scores get pushed out in favour of blacks and Hispanics with lower grades.

Why are you quoting me and not giving me the business as to why diversity is for the birds?

Your post wasn't worth responding to. I'm not even sure what you're trying to say. That you don't understand why conservatives don't like affirmative action which penalizes successful people? Is that hard to understand? It's treating minorities like they are retarded children imo. It makes them weak. Like any spoiled child becomes. Giving someone something they don't deserve is for the women and the weak. Even minorities don't like aa because it helps white women more than anyone else.

So you ok with letting in any Muslims who are better doctors than Americans?

I thought diversity was NOT a strength. @RIPWarrior
I personally have no problem with it because I'm not a doctor and upping the supply lowers the price.

I also don't care what religion someone is. I care what their beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors are. You keep just trying to pigeonhole me into an evil white supremacist Christian corner.

I'm a mixed race atheist. I have nothing personally invested in any race or any religion. I'm as unbiased on these topics as you can possibly get.

Yes, because being signed by the UFC is the same as being a UFC champ.

Hiring based on competence is a good way to diversify.

Are you telling me to ignore statistics? Why?

If the education process and the hiring process weren't racist against white and Asian doctors, black doctors would have the same statistics as white and Asian doctors do. And then looking at statistics wouldn't encourage racism against black doctors and looking at the statistics would be fine with you.

Doesn't that make you feel a bit weird about wanting me to ignore statistics?

The people bringing racism into the conversation are the education and hiring policies. If it were up to me, racism would be removed from the education and hiring processes and so discussing it would be a non-starter.

All i have read is that the hiring process in the private sector is incredibly racist against black people.

All i have read is that the hiring process in the private sector is incredibly racist against black people.
Then it would make sense to trust black people in the private sector more. It works both ways.

Of course, that depends on the nature of the discrimination against black people in the private sector's hiring process. If it reflects a real incompetency of black applicants -- even if applied indiscriminately -- then that won't be true.

Aren't we already treated by minority doctors since most of the ones I met are indian?

Diversity is probably most important in law enforcement.

And as avast amount of good doctors are foreign, probably least and issue in the medical field.

But then again.,politics hasn't redendered me retarded, so..

My brother who is an Oncologist told me to never trust a doctor who doesn't have a funny accent. Said the top students in med school were almost always foreigners and they had a better work ethic than Americans. The guy he considers by far the best doc at his hospital is a dude from Ghana

How do you know that black police officer was less qualified than a white one?

As far as I know, a black doctor still has to go through medical school.

Firefighters have rigorous physical training that isn't made easier for black people. (Women get breaks in NYC though. Thanks feminism.)

If the presence of a black person makes you feel "less safe", perhaps you need to evaluate your racism, pal.

In the affirmative action lawsuit against UC Davis a bunch of white guys sued because a black dude took their place at the medical school. They had far superior grades and test scores but couldn't get in while black people got in by quota.

Fast forward a few years and the black guy that got in because of quotas had killed a bunch of people as a terrible doctor. Lets not act like there aren't real world consequences for this Leftist bullshit.

In the affirmative action lawsuit against UC Davis a bunch of white guys sued because a black dude took their place at the medical school. They had far superior grades and test scores but couldn't get in while black people got in by quota.

Fast forward a few years and the black guy that got in because of quotas had killed a bunch of people as a terrible doctor. Lets not act like there aren't real world consequences for this Leftist bullshit.

So, you have a singular example?

Your language is leaning towards "alarmist" as well. You have a source for the "far superior grades and test scores"? The black doctor "killed a bunch of people"? Did he actually kill them, or was he unable to prevent their death from illness and injury? Was this later confirmed to be due to negligence or ignorance of procedures in place?

Gonna have to do better than that post to even begin convincing me of the point you're trying to make.

I've already said that I don't support racially-biased hiring practices. But that's not the point of this thread. The point of this thread is that us white or Asian people should feel less safe around black professionals.

America needs to change our motto
Quod habilitas potissimum
"Aptitude above all"

I'm not sure how others feel but receiving handouts, offer letters from black colleges and things like that, back in high school, was embarrassing for me. Don't try recruiting me to your school because of my race. Don't give me handouts, I don't need you to take care of me. That shits embarrassing and setting up young people to always feel like they're owed something, or incapable of getting things on their own. /rant

Every single doctor I had growing up was black. They were great.

The problem is that it's more likely that they're not going to be great. And if the education and hiring processes weren't racist, that wouldn't be true. There should be the exact same proportion of good: bad black doctors as there are good: bad Asian doctors. Those proportions are very different though because of racists -- and the racists making those proportions different aren't people like me.

Why are you so special that you need a "great doctor"?

Is a good doctor not enough?

How about you make enough money so you can hand-pick your doctor?

Imaginary racism problem solved.

You sure as heck don't want to get pulled over by a lesbian cop.

To be fair, that's only like 92% of them.

I don't trust anyone to do their jobs properly unless I have to, it's not like affirmative action is the only type of favoritism. Sometimes it goes the other way, and the minority candidate would be more qualified. Sometimes the head surgeon has an uncle on the hopsital board. Everyone sucks, just hope for the best until robots get perfected.

How do you know that black police officer was less qualified than a white one?

As far as I know, a black doctor still has to go through medical school.

Firefighters have rigorous physical training that isn't made easier for black people. (Women get breaks in NYC though. Thanks feminism.)

If the presence of a black person makes you feel "less safe", perhaps you need to evaluate your racism, pal.

Because every black person in America should be unemployed according to this forum. If a black person has a job it is because it was handed to them. No black person is ever qualified. Its just not possible.

Back