Winter Olympics 2018 PyeongChang Discussion: Norovirus and North Korea Nuclear Holocaust Edition

Yeah that is a shame, Germany lost about 3 important players due to the NHL, Canada/USA/Sweden/Finland etc. lost whole teams.

so its non-NHL players vs non-NHL players? sounds fair

We should have the marlies instead of who is on team canada.

5000+ NHL games between the members of team Canada and you want a junior A team on the ice?

The team we sent was trash. Our goaltending looked less than ahl standards. Puck handling was abismal. We onyl beat sk by like 4 goals. Lost to germany of all teams. Slovenia beat the us lul.
This olympic mens hockey was garbage. Im glad i only watched it during the am when i have nothing better to do. Its not a wonder ratings fell either. Fucking scrivens and poul in net lol

Germany beat the Swedes who iced a better team than we did. That's what happens when you don't have NHLers. Lesser euro teams can compete.

I don't understand why O.A.R and not just Russia.. what difference does it make? Athletes who were clean at Rio 2016 were able to compete under Russia.
They shouldn't even be at the Olympics. It's a disgrace. The CAS caved. The IOC is pissed, and they should be. The fact that we continue to behave like we care about doping in sport is the greatest farce.

Meanwhile, Ester Ledecka is the Bo Jackson of the Winter Olympics forever, now. Star of the Games, easily:

ester-ledecka.jpg

i've never been happier with a bronze.

so its non-NHL players vs non-NHL players? sounds fair

The NHL dragged their feet making the decision, so it put teams that heavily rely on NHL players at a disadvantage because they couldn't send their best players and then had to scramble to put a less talented team together that now had less time together to practice. In the past when teams didn't send NHL'ers, they would have camps where the guys would practice and play together. This time around, it was like 2 weeks of practice for the US team before they went to Pyeongchang. USA and Canada should put up more cohesive teams in 2022.

Fuckin' Don Cherry whining and making excuses about the loss to Germany.

"Oh, see, SEE! These European refs call the Canadians for for the face off violation, but not the Germans!"

*Shows goal that should've been stopped by a not shitty goalie*

Shut up, old man. Score should've been 10-1 for Canada. No excuses. They blew it. If it's 5 on 3 for the Germans the entire game, Canada should still come out on top. Quit your whining.

I can't believe how stoked I was while watching that 5-point round. That game was the tits.

Too bad it costs over $10K just to buy a set of stones for this game.

gotta root for Germany in this gold medal hockey game even though they beat our Candukian brothers to the north.
but Pavs and Kolvachek will be tough to best

1-1 after 40 minutes. Just watching this is exhausting me.

OMFG this game
And the japanese commentators are giving me a heart attack as well.

Back