Winter Olympics 2018 PyeongChang Discussion: Norovirus and North Korea Nuclear Holocaust Edition

HAWTakayama

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
1.jpg

Schedule:

https://www.olympic.org/pyeongchang-2018/results/en/general/competition-schedule.htm

I had a friend who had an opportunity to run with the torch...Cool stuff

Opening Ceremonies are Friday, but several of the events have started including some skiing, curling, and luge.

Once again, USA is going to take a dump on the rest of the world!!!!

0f5429e5a29b6987e83a81b09e4cf025.gif

Hockey is gonna suck without NHL players.

Opening Ceremonies are Friday, but several of the events have started including some skiing, curling, and luge.

Once again, USA is going to take a dump on the rest of the world!!!!

0f5429e5a29b6987e83a81b09e4cf025.gif
These are the Winter Games, not the Summer Games.

I do look forward to The Flying Tomato putting on a show.

anyone watching the figure skating right now? All 3 of the skaters so far have fallen on the ice...people ripping into the IOC for the ice conditions....ice looks like complete shit

Well we didn't even make it to the opening ceremonies before someone got offended. Lol

The tweet posted to Davis' account said the process by which Hamlin won was executed "dishonorably" and included a reference to Black History Month -- raising the question of whether the speedskater was suggesting that race played a role in the decision.

Hamlin and Davis were among eight nominees for the flag-bearer role, and athletes from each of the eight winter sports federations -- bobsled and skeleton, ski and snowboarding, figure skating, curling, biathlon, hockey, speedskating and luge -- represented those nominees in balloting that took place Wednesday night.

Eventually, the final vote was deadlocked at 4-4. Hamlin won a coin toss, which was the predetermined method of picking a winner if all else failed in the athlete-led process. The U.S. Olympic Committee confirmed the tie, and that voters knew in the event of a tie, the coin toss would take place.

http://www.espn.com/olympics/story/...hani-davis-account-rips-flag-bearer-coin-toss

I thought Russia was banned or something...

I'm watching the team figure skating(yes homo) and in 9th place...Olympic athletes of Russia lol

NBC's Olympic media hype has been blowing this kid like he's the greatest talent to ever grace figure skating.

His claim for gold in the individual will be that he's the only person in history to land 5 quadruple jumps in an event... assuming he can continue to pull it off and not eat dogshit like he did in the pointless new team event in his Olympic debut.

Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be an overhyped bust that chokes on the biggest stage. Even so, he's young enough to have another Olympic appearance or two in the future to make up for it.... but we need those fucking gold medals NOW!

I find myself unable to care about the olympics.

I find myself unable to care about the olympics.
Now that the NHL players aren't going I'm checked out. I'll watch the halfpipe events and then just refresh the medal counter every couple days.

NBC's Olympic media hype has been blowing this kid like he's the greatest talent to ever grace figure skating.

His claim for gold in the individual will be that he's the only person in history to land 5 quadruple jumps in an event... assuming he can continue to pull it off and not eat dogshit like he did in the pointless new team event in his Olympic debut.

Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be an overhyped bust that chokes on the biggest stage. Even so, he's young enough to have another Olympic appearance or two in the future to make up for it.... but we need those fucking gold medals NOW!
On the bigger stages so far (worlds) he's not been able to skate clean. I always hope that everyone will skate clean and the best will clearly win, not just who ever doesn't zamboni the most ice gets the gold. The pairs team competition short program was a bit cleaner, but only 2 of the male competitors managed to skate clean. Here's to hopping it just gets better!

i kind of get angry when all these olympians are like 3x or 4x world champion and choke in the real deal olympics

even Canadians like Elvis Stojko, Kurt Browning and Jeremy Wotherspoon

i kind of get angry when all these olympians are like 3x or 4x world champion and choke in the real deal olympics

even Canadians like Elvis Stojko, Kurt Browning and Jeremy Wotherspoon
Elvis was screwed by the judges in1994 and in 1998 he skated clean but with a severe injury. He didn't choke. Kurt Browning choked though. No idea who the other guy is, not a figure skater right? Just figure skating wise, it's very rare for the world champion from the year before get the gold medal (well in recent years anyway) I don't believe it's happened all that often.

Back