Winter Olympics 2018 PyeongChang Discussion: Norovirus and North Korea Nuclear Holocaust Edition

Russian Olympian Who Wore 'I Don't Do Doping' Shirt Fails Doping Test
DWyI9_yWAAIXu2P.jpg

Stay classy, Moscow.

Sorry, no one beats Paula Radcliffe.

_61808558_radcliffe_epo2_640.jpg

She's furious! Furious that a british gov't report outted that she had the biopassport with the highest off score ever seen.
I didn't read the article, but flipping through my Flipboard app last week, I noticed a headline where Froome lamented that Team Skye's dominance is bad for the sport. I immediately thought of you and impishly wondered...

stock-photo-handsome-smiling-man-holding-a-microphone-96212879.jpg

"TRD, your thoughts?"

I didn't read the article, but flipping through my Flipboard app last week, I noticed a headline where Froome lamented that Team Skye's dominance is bad for the sport. I immediately thought of you and impishly wondered...

stock-photo-handsome-smiling-man-holding-a-microphone-96212879.jpg

"TRD, your thoughts?"

the entire rise of British athletes in the last 20 yrs is riddled with sketchiness. Sky is a hot mess of suspect practices. They signed this thing saying "no needles", meanwhile ex-riders say they were given IVs routinely. Bradley Wiggins' "jiffy bag" fiasco was hilarious. Someone wrote their own prescription in Switzerland for a drug that is banned and then drove it over to him at the Tour that he won. The use Tramadol as if were aspirin. It goes on ...

But you asked about Froomey. Beyond the fact that no one in the history of cycling has suddenly got good (never mind dominant) at age 27 without some sort of massive doping effort should alarm anyone, but that isn't the worst of it. The guy has obviously used AICAR (as did Wiggins), but I'll look past that as well. The thing I can't look past is that he is one of the riders that has probably used an electric motor. They are very secretive about their power and heart rate telemetry, but their data files were hacked and the results weren't good. Massive increases in power with no change in heart rate. Ummmm - okay.

And there is this:

Oh yeah, I know Froome is dirty.

The mischievous part of me just fancied the idea of trolling you by bringing it to your attention because, obviously, the knee-jerk reaction is, "Hey, if you really want to help your sport and do something about that, maybe you could consider, you know, to stop fucking cheating. Just a suggestion. I'm not a golfer."

Reading this now, it's laughable!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/special_events/sports_personality_2002/2546793.stm

Paula Radcliffe's crowning as BBC Sports Personality of the Year is a fitting finale to what has been a staggering year.

Paula Radcliffe

In the space of 12 months, Radcliffe transformed herself from also-ran to how-did-she-run-that?

Her achievements barely seem believable.

Radcliffe became new marathon world record holder, European 10,000m champion, Commonwealth 5,000m champion, winner of the London Marathon at her first attempt, world cross country champion - the list goes on.

Back