Will the UFC cancel UFC 215 or not?

Well, it is business & they have Conor on contract, so legally they should get something. Plus Conor could be fighting in UFC this summer & earning them money.

It is not a "cash grab", but a business choice.

They will promote the fight, but they are not registered as a promoter for boxing & this event ... it is all Mayweather, so no MMA.

UFC/WME made that clear & they were smart to do so ;)

Yes, the UFC was very smart legally to stay clear of the promoter label. Plus, the UFC earns a very large fee for very low investment (i.e., Embedded production costs). The UFC probably will earn more from this fight than they did from UFC 208-212 combined.

It's not even on the same day. So you want it cancelled because it's on the same month? Might as well cancel the rest of the cards because they all fall on the same year or same month as other events.

So have regular PPV's on August 19th and September 9th and squeeze that $100-150 May/Mac PPV in there on August 26th? Doesn't make financial sense.

Yes, the UFC was very smart legally to stay clear of the promoter label. Plus, the UFC earns a very large fee for very low investment (i.e., Embedded production costs). The UFC probably will earn more from this fight than they did from UFC 208-212 combined.

Exactly

It's exciting for everybody that is interested in mma.

Unfortunately that is not what Demetrious Johnson wants.

Meh i hope he comes around. Its a better fight. The missing weight stuff is more BS than anything.

Well, I'm a lawyer and I make my living (for the last 20 years) reading. You tried so hard that you didn't comprehend that they will not fucking put two rings into the arena because that means losing many many high value seats. Your reading level isn't high enough.
I pitty the fool that hires you. No where in your qoute did you mention that you acknowledged my mention of a cage and a ring, you actually added and i quote:
Only option would be to have two rings in the arena.
Completely ignoring that i had mentioned that Bellator does exactly this.

It's not even on the same day. So you want it cancelled because it's on the same month? Might as well cancel the rest of the cards because they all fall on the same year or same month as other events.
Not just same month, but a week before.

And "might as well cancel the rest of the cards because they all fall on the same year"? What a way to exaggerate.

I don't believe a #'d event has ever been aired live for free in the US, the last time something like it happened was the cancelled Werdum/Cain rematch last year which got converted from a PPV to a fight night but lost the event number.

How about 138: Leben vs. Munoz? I believe that was on spike.

If they were smart they would include MMA fights in the May/Mac PPV. Kinda like how Bellator does Bellator kickboxing/MMA events with a ring and a cage in the same arena.

More money to be made with that space as seats.

Most people wont fork out for both PPVs. The UFC one will tank big time especially with MM headlining. It will do under 100k because they wont stack the card.
Then they should cancel MM and the 125lb division, not the card.

Scrap it or give it to us for free.

They should punish DJ by changing the date to the same night as Mayweather/Mcgregor, and then offer DJ pay per view points just to troll him.
He'll just refuse tho, like he's already doing.

He'll just refuse tho, like he's already doing.
That's true, but UFC should give MM PPV point's one time just to slap some reality into him when he finds out nobody buys his fights.

Yep, just Shertards being Shertards.

I just can't believe how everyone echoed TS's sentiment. I bet if TS was to jump off a cliff, they will follow him. lol

I disagree it was a smart move. I see how this could have ended up in a legal battle between Conor and the UFC but, i also see this as Conor's last fight regardless of boxing or MMA. The guy made it clear back in 2015 that his plan was to get in, get rich, and retire young. I would consider this exactly that.

It's not just about Conor. If the UFC provided legal grounds for someone to consider them a boxing promoter (by acting as the promoter for a boxing event), they would open the door to the Ali Act, which would be a huge benefit for their fighters and a financial disaster for the UFC.

I don't live in Vegas is the thing doe.
I'll start a gofundme to get you into Vegas, but I'll need you to revert into being a Homeless Infant. That will tug at the heartstrings of people, and will get you front row tickets to the greatest fight in combat sport's history.

All I ask in exchange is a War Machine Q&A.

Back