Will the UFC cancel UFC 215 or not?

Are MMA fans actually going to buy the May/Mac PPV? I'm certainly not. A sherdog poll would be interesting.

People on Sherdog don't pay for anything lol. But I'd imagine a lot of those who usually buy Mcgregor PPVs will buy this one as well.

If they were smart they would include MMA fights in the May/Mac PPV. Kinda like how Bellator does Bellator kickboxing/MMA events with a ring and a cage in the same arena.
You cant do that without losing valuable premium seating space and obstructing the view of high rollers that just paid a few hundred thousand dollars each to watch the fight live
Doesnt sound like a very smart move to me

Last edited:
You cant do that without losing valuable premium seating space and obstructing the view of high rollers that just paid a few hundred thousand dollars each to watch the fight live
Doesnt sound like a very smart move to me
I would think the extra million PPV buys would be more profitable. But i havent payed for a boxing PPV since Hollyfield vs Tyson so what do i know.

I would think the extra million PPV buys would be more profitable. But i havent payed for a boxing PPV since Hollyfield vs Tyson so what do i know.

I dont see how a cage fighting undercard would bring in a million more buys when the UFC barely cracks that number with their top draws and since the UFCs #1 draw is fighting in the main event those fans will be buying this already
Where are you gonna get the extra million buys from?

It's not exactly cancelling as they've never officially announced it.

They were probably waiting to see whether Conor/Floyd got confirmed or not.

I dont see how a cage fighting undercard would bring in a million more buys when the UFC barely cracks that number with their top draws and since the UFCs #1 draw is fighting in the main event those fans will be buying this already
Where are you gonna get the extra million buys from?
It was an exaggeration. My point is, I am not a Boxing fan anymore. I havent been excited for a boxing match since hollyfield vs tyson. I would not pay even $50 to see floyd dance around and out box Conor, let alone $100. But if you put on some #1 contender MMA fights on that PPV i wouldn't think twice about buying it. And would expect there is atleast 250k others that feel the same.

So with TJ not trying to make anymore I think it may be down them cancelling this PPV. Just have DJ v borg on a free event 2 weeks before may/pac.

May/Mac press conference will get more viewers then a free fight night card and a DJ ppv anyway.

Pretty sure they would have announced card by now. They'll likely skip it cause of the boxing PPV. Pick up in September.

Miesha Tate vs Gina Carano under ultimate surrender rules. Gentlemen, drop trou and enjoy yourselves. 2 million ppv guarenteed.

Yep, just Shertards being Shertards.

I just can't believe how everyone echoed TS's sentiment. I bet if TS was to jump off a cliff, they will follow him. lol

Looks like the UFC followed me off that cliff lol

Back