Will the UFC cancel UFC 215 or not?

It's not even on the same day. So you want it cancelled because it's on the same month? Might as well cancel the rest of the cards because they all fall on the same year or same month as other events.

Most people wont fork out for both PPVs. The UFC one will tank big time especially with MM headlining. It will do under 100k because they wont stack the card.

Lawl. What the fuck does it matter? Nobody else can fight in the same month?

I think they should fill 215 with WMMA fights. They are the highest rated fights viewer wise so it would put a big dent in the Maymac buys. A real F-U to boxing.

Then rename it and call it something else to show it's different from the normal product. Maybe something like invicta would work. Then stop doing male fights all together except sometimes but when you do them only do male fights. You'll have to rename that as well. Try UFC or something similar. Boom. Problem solved.

If they were smart they would include MMA fights in the May/Mac PPV. Kinda like how Bellator does Bellator kickboxing/MMA events with a ring and a cage in the same arena.

This is not a UFC promotion. They need to be wary of legalities with being a boxing "promoter" & the Ali Act.

It's not even on the same day. So you want it cancelled because it's on the same month? Might as well cancel the rest of the cards because they all fall on the same year or same month as other events.
I lol'd hard haha

So its strickly a cash grab for the UFC?

Well, it is business & they have Conor on contract, so legally they should get something. Plus Conor could be fighting in UFC this summer & earning them money.

It is not a "cash grab", but a business choice.

They will promote the fight, but they are not registered as a promoter for boxing & this event ... it is all Mayweather, so no MMA.

UFC/WME made that clear & they were smart to do so ;)

Well, it is business & they have Conor on contract, so legally they should get something. Plus Conor could be fighting in UFC this summer & earning them money.

It is not a "cash grab", but a business choice.

They will promote the fight, but they are not registered as a promoter for boxing & this event ... it is all Mayweather, so no MMA.

UFC/WME made that clear & they were smart to do so ;)
I disagree it was a smart move. I see how this could have ended up in a legal battle between Conor and the UFC but, i also see this as Conor's last fight regardless of boxing or MMA. The guy made it clear back in 2015 that his plan was to get in, get rich, and retire young. I would consider this exactly that.

im pretty sure theyve already said they may have no ppv in august or they may move it to very early september and have two in september.

and no events same weekend as maymac

They will promote the fight, but they are not registered as a promoter for boxing & this event ...

yeh, theyve said they will be doing the usual youtube behind the scenes thing that they would do with a ufc ppv

edit: embedded, the name escaped me

No. It's because it's sandwiched between their summer events, which are big shows and Mayweather/McGregor AND they have no obvious star to headline it. They're going to be drawing basement numbers on that card with anyone they put on it regardless, and now with McGregor/Mayweather (and the aforementioned July events) there have been many reports that they're looking to move it to a freeevent or move the card (Seattle card) all together.

Are MMA fans actually going to buy the May/Mac PPV? I'm certainly not. A sherdog poll would be interesting.

People are going to be disappointed as hell in the McGregor fight, might as well build a great card afterwards to soften the blow.

If they were smart they would include MMA fights in the May/Mac PPV. Kinda like how Bellator does Bellator kickboxing/MMA events with a ring and a cage in the same arena.

Not happening. MMA and boxing rings are completely different. Only option would be to have two rings in the arena. Adding MMA would add ZERO buys take away a huge amount of $10000 dollar seats.

Not happening. MMA and boxing rings are completely different. Only option would be to have two rings in the arena. Adding MMA would add ZERO buys take away a huge amount of $10000 dollar seats.

I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit? Or you have not had your eye glasses prescription check in 20 years?

I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit? Or you have not had your eye glasses prescription check in 20 years?

Well, I'm a lawyer and I make my living (for the last 20 years) reading. You tried so hard that you didn't comprehend that they will not fucking put two rings into the arena because that means losing many many high value seats. Your reading level isn't high enough.

They should punish DJ by changing the date to the same night as Mayweather/Mcgregor, and then offer DJ pay per view points just to troll him.

Back