Will the UFC cancel UFC 215 or not?

TheWobbler

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Same month as the mcgregor/mayweather bout.

Knowing they want DJ to headline they may just go ahead with it because they know the buys will be shit anyway and it wont make a difference.

Or will they scrap it altogether and have 215 when they go to rogers centre in edmonton in september and have a fight night before the boxing bout.

If they do end scrapping it then TJ should just wait for cody at the end of year and DJ can fight ray borg on the free fight night.

I think they should fill 215 with WMMA fights. They are the highest rated fights viewer wise so it would put a big dent in the Maymac buys. A real F-U to boxing.

Another idea would be to make 215 on free TV.

They have done this before. UFC 70 was on free TV

Turn it into a Fight Night/promo vehicle for Mayweather-McGregor.

If they were smart they would include MMA fights in the May/Mac PPV. Kinda like how Bellator does Bellator kickboxing/MMA events with a ring and a cage in the same arena.

They're getting at least half of Connor's pay, so either way they win.

It's not even on the same day. So you want it cancelled because it's on the same month? Might as well cancel the rest of the cards because they all fall on the same year or same month as other events.

Same month as the mcgregor/mayweather bout.

Knowing they want DJ to headline they may just go ahead with it because they know the buys will be shit anyway and it wont make a difference.

Or will they scrap it altogether and have 215 when they go to rogers centre in edmonton in september and have a fight night before the boxing bout.

If they do end scrapping it then TJ should just wait for cody at the end of year and DJ can fight ray borg on the free fight night.

They should headline with DJ and go head to head with May/Mac and then close the division due to lack of interest and PPV buys. That's what they SHOULD do, but we don't always get what we want now do we?

They should ask Rhonda to step in and defend her belt against Joanna to bring some hype

If they were smart they would include MMA fights in the May/Mac PPV. Kinda like how Bellator does Bellator kickboxing/MMA events with a ring and a cage in the same arena.

They can't. Showtime is producing the entire show, I imagine it will a giant Showtime/PBC commercial..

Another idea would be to make 215 on free TV.

They have done this before. UFC 70 was on free TV

That was because it was a european PPV. Pre-Fox they did multiple UFCs #'d events that were aired on Spike on Tape Delay, most notably UFC 75 Jackson vs Henderson.

I don't believe a #'d event has ever been aired live for free in the US, the last time something like it happened was the cancelled Werdum/Cain rematch last year which got converted from a PPV to a fight night but lost the event number.

They can't. Showtime is producing the entire show, I imagine it will a giant Showtime/PBC commercial..
Well that sucks, they should not have rushed this thing. I wont be buying it, but if they had a few big name MMA fights on the PPV i wouldn't think twice about it. But $100 to see Floyd smash Conor, no thanks.

There will be an event on August 19, just not PPV.

Edmonton event will be rebranded as UFC 215. Expect another PPV to be added to Fall/early Winter schedule.

I expect the nearly the entire card for the August 19 event to be announced between tomorrow and the weekend, or possibly during the OKC FN event.

Nearly nothing of note has been announced since Struve/Volkov, so lots of good matchups ready to be released.

I think they should fill 215 with WMMA fights. They are the highest rated fights viewer wise so it would put a big dent in the Maymac buys. A real F-U to boxing.
Yeah they have very high finishing rates and beautiful technique so I bet it would produce a lot of sweet highlights also.

lifted-glass.jpg

Back