Will GSP be remembered as a multi divisional champ for beating Bisping?

Huge fan of the Count but let’s be real here he won that title because Rockhold shit the bed. He deserved to be champ for all the years he’s put in, and he took the belt by a brutal stoppage, but if we are using reality as a standard Bisping was one of the weakest champs in UFC history. Still a champ, but many feel he was undeserving, which would in turn make GSPs championship null also.
I look it him as a better champ then conor and eddie at lightweight, but yea it was hard to think of him as the best in the division, he just took advantage of circumstances

he's such a scrub........

the people trying to downplay his achievement are delusional. The best 10 years ago, and today. No one will compare for a long time.

GSP is the best for beating a guy that 45 year old Hendo nearly beat?

{<doc}

Because people like you are insinuating that Bisping was the real champ when he defended against a dinosaur and and a Welter weight instead of fighting one of the legit top fighters in the division.

Then GSP drops the belt instead of fighting any of the aforementioned contenders.

GSP beating Bisping is a decent win. But it's not much different than Cerrone going up to Welter weight and beating a decent fighter.

Bisping is probably the 7th or 8th best fighter in the division. It's a solid win, but the "my gawd GSP 2 division champ goat goat goat," nonsense is laughable.

So Bisping was a fake champion even though he won it and defended it?

Thanks for proving my point

Yes he will. Same way Conor will, Hendo will, BJ will, and Randy will.

There has never in the history of MMA been a multi division champion who earned their titles the hard way. They are all a result of favourable marketing and luck.
not bj

GSP is the best for beating a guy that 45 year old Hendo nearly beat?

{<doc}

He already was. It’s not really about Bisping that’s what you don’t get. it’s about going up in weight and winning another title

So Bisping was a fake champion even though he won it and defended it?

Thanks for proving my point

So do you think Bisping was better than Whittaker and Romero?

Please say it if you believe it.

of course not. fighting ZERO contenders and winning one fight does not make you a champion.

He already was. It’s not really about Bisping that’s what you don’t get. it’s about going up in weight and winning another title

Ummmm....it's about Bisping because that's how he won his "title" lmao.

BJ fought Matt Hughes for the WW title without ever fighting at WW. It is no different to GSP fighting Bisping or Conor fighting Alvarez. He did nothing to earn the shot.

Randy won a 2nd rate LHW title (Pride had the best LHWs) after having 0 fights at LHW. He fought Chuck for the interim title then Tito.

You never hear people discredit these achievements like they do Conor and GSP probably because it was so long ago.
well when bj beat hughes he was considered one of the best p4p fighters. it was fucking impressive. he didn't beat someone in the division who happened to be the champ, he beat one of the best p4p fighters the sport has seen to that point. But yea he didn't have to earn the shot in the ufc. Left fought gomi who many also considered one of the p4p greats at the time then came back to beat hughes. I wouldn't say its the same as conor beating eddie for the belt or gsp beating ping for the belt but I do get the point your making

It’d be cool to see a multi weight division champ actually defend in two weight classes. Still a great achievment though.

So do you think Bisping was better than Whittaker and Romero?

Please say it if you believe it.

What does that have to do with my question? Are you saying Bisping wasn’t a real champion because there were other fighters you deemed better than him?

BJ got a shot at WW gold with 0 wins at WW. Like GSP and Conor. So yes BJ.
I guess I just look at his win against hughes differently cause of hughes being considered the P4P greatest back then. but yea he didn't "earn" the shot but he did beat gomi right before this fight who many others considered the best LW at the time.

Ummmm....it's about Bisping because that's how he won his "title" lmao.

I see you are too simple minded. GSP beat Bisping to win the MW title to become a multi divisional champion. Him beating Bisping doesn’t make him GOAT. Winning 2 titles in different divisions does. I like how Bisping is can now though lmao

What does that have to do with my question? Are you saying Bisping wasn’t a real champion because there were other fighters you deemed better than him?

Nice duck lol.

Bisping wasn't the real champion because he fought 46 year old Hendo and GSP instead of the 6 other guys that beat the shit out of him.

Whittaker won the real title when he beat Romero.

So do you think that that Bisping was better Romero and Whittaker? Please answer yes or no.

I see you are too simple minded. GSP beat Bisping to win the MW title to become a multi divisional champion. Him beating Bisping doesn’t make him GOAT. Winning 2 titles in different divisions does. I like how Bisping is can now though lmao

It's funny that you call me simple minded and say that I called Bisping a "can" when I called him a "solid win" verbatim in this thread.

Yes. GSP will go down as the guy who beat the guy who beat Anderson Silva and KOed Luke Rockhold lights out in the 1st.

of course not. fighting ZERO contenders and winning one fight does not make you a champion.

Well considering he fought the CHAMPION and not a contender and won it does make him one.

You're doing God's work son, as a brit it hurt to type this thread out but I have to say it how it is. Bisp is one of the GOATs imo but there's no way he was the best in the division at that point in time, which is what the word champion means.

Back