will a paki fighter ever make it into the ufc?

i have proved using cambridge dictionary that its an offensive term.

in regards to its origin. it was used against pakistanis and sri lankans and basically anyone who looked south asian immigrating to the UK in the 1960s

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/6740445.stm

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=Paki

I've never doubted it's an offensive term in the UK. I live here ffs.

I also posted the second part of your post earlier in the thread. I don't think you understand my point as you're trying to use points I've already made as an argument.

Also,

Persian[edit]
Adjective[edit]
پاک ‎(pâk)

1. clean, pure
  2. innocent, clean-handed, sinless
  3. holy
  4. (dialectal) all
    پاک مردم رفتنه.
  5. (dialectal) every
  6. (dialectal) everyone

No discrimination or racism but, pakis and punjabs should fix their hygiene when entering an mma match.

I've never doubted it's an offensive term in the UK. I live here ffs.

I also posted the second part of your post earlier in the thread. I don't think you understand my point as you're trying to use points I've already made as an argument.

Also,

Persian[edit]
Adjective[edit]
پاک ‎(pâk)

1. clean, pure
  2. innocent, clean-handed, sinless
  3. holy
  4. (dialectal) all
    پاک مردم رفتنه.
  5. (dialectal) every
  6. (dialectal) everyone

you dont need to show me terms of languages i speak. i know what pakistan and pak means. im just telling you paki was used as a racist term against pakistanis. thats how it started. ive never heard the term paki to refer to pakistani in urdu, farsi, pashto. even in pashto, if you want to refer to pakistanis offensively you call them dhal khor (dhal eaters). even in insults they say pakistani followed up by a bad word. in neutral terms we've always said pakistani.

you dont need to show me terms of languages i speak. i know what pakistan and pak means. im just telling you paki was used as a racist term against pakistanis. thats how it started. ive never heard the term paki to refer to pakistani in urdu, farsi, pashto. even in pashto, if you want to refer to pakistanis offensively you call them dhal khor (dhal eaters). even in insults they say pakistani followed up by a bad word. in neutral terms we've always said pakistani.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree. This is very different from the N word (which came from the Spanish/Portuguese word for black and was coined by white people during the slave trade and altered over time). "Paki" is the logical abbreviation for "Pakistani". Most Pakistanis I've seen using the term aren't 'Taking it back y'all', it's just an abbreviation. Millions of Pakistanis worldwide use the word and aren't aware that it's a racial slur. There's just no plausible way that a few Churchill throwbacks in the 60s are responsible for that. More then 200million people live there and that's not including migrants. It's just not possible. Not going to change my opinion on that.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree. This is very different from the N word (which came from the Spanish/Portuguese word for black and was coined by white people during the slave trade and altered over time). "Paki" is the logical abbreviation for "Pakistani". Most Pakistanis I've seen using the term aren't 'Taking it back y'all', it's just an abbreviation. Millions of Pakistanis worldwide use the word and aren't aware that it's a racial slur. There's just no plausible way that a few Churchill throwbacks in the 60s are responsible for that. More then 200million people live there and that's not including migrants. It's just not possible. Not going to change my opinion on that.

like i said, paki is not a term in urdu or languages that heavily influenced urdu like farsi. if you say paki in pashto or farsi it can mean razor. and there is plenty of articles and proof that pakistanis are now taking ownership of the word. strangely enough you haven't provided any proof other than whats basically a hunch that they abbreviated it themselves.

btw we've derailed the fuck out this thread rofl

I knew this thread wouldn't end well and I'll just make a note - leave the racial crap out of this or this thread will be shut down.

like i said, paki is not a term in urdu or languages that heavily influenced urdu like farsi. if you say paki in pashto or farsi it can mean razor. and there is plenty of articles and proof that pakistanis are now taking ownership of the word. strangely enough you haven't provided any proof other than whats basically a hunch that they abbreviated it themselves.

btw we've derailed the fuck out this thread rofl

Yeh I know, I tried to bail haha. To be fair if we hadn't, someone else probably would've done.

2851303-2684643_1966883_fail_thread__1_.jpg

well if you look at the video i just put on here, then you would know that their improving now, this new paki fighter waqar umar, hes a prospect, he's actually improving his ground game which most paki's neglect, so now i believe that by 2017-2019 their will be a paki fighter in the ufc, waqar umar i didn't hear about him up until today just beat an afghan and has beaten 3 other afghans, and because of his most vivid loss to amir khan ansari, he worked on his ground game. now pak mma is evolving pretty soon we're going to see a paki champion in one fc.
I no waqar umar, I've seen his one fc fights. He fought there 3 times and lost all 3 of it but I've seen only 2 of his fights. I think the fight with Peter Davis was on really short notice. And the Amir khan fight he got ktfo bad with elbows but u can say it was kinda controversial because I remember khan hit him on the balls. And I haven't seen his 3rd one fc fight so I can't really say nothing. All I know is that he lost to a very young Singapore fighter.

well if you look at the video i just put on here, then you would know that their improving now, this new paki fighter waqar umar, hes a prospect, he's actually improving his ground game which most paki's neglect, so now i believe that by 2017-2019 their will be a paki fighter in the ufc, waqar umar i didn't hear about him up until today just beat an afghan and has beaten 3 other afghans, and because of his most vivid loss to amir khan ansari, he worked on his ground game. now pak mma is evolving pretty soon we're going to see a paki champion in one fc.
Just found out he's gonna fight in one fc next event in Malaysia against a young Malaysian . Let's just see how he do.

Top Paki wrestlers could school the American ncaa drop outs who find decent success in the ufc. Its all about financial incentive. Pakistan is also pretty good at sanda, and their sanda guys have fought in sfl.

Just found out he's gonna fight in one fc next event in Malaysia against a young Malaysian . Let's just see how he do.

well he did work on his grappling after his last fight in one fc, this guy is good, the afghans on youtube are so racist towards us paki's like seriously, waqar umar, is the only paki to ever beat an afghan, i hope he has great success, he will be a top fighter one day, because he had a realization about his career that he shouldn't have focused on his striking and should've focused a little more on his grappling, and i think he trained grappling in another country or something because you can't learn the grappling that he had in pakistan.

edit: i forgot to mention that i don't think that umar will 100% win, but if he does i'll be proud to call myself a pakistani. although pakistani's mostly have more success in muay thai than mma, they are starting to make a comeback in mma.

An inspired & heartwarming thread title, surely. But carry on with your attention-whoring & baiting. New Jersey you say? I am shocked, I tell you.

i wouldn't get offended if a white person called me a paki, its not like their trying to be racist, their was one girl in high school that got people into trouble so when she came up the stairs i'm like "oh god!" and she said "shut up you stupid paki" and i'm like "i don't care if you call me a paki" then she tried to spit on me. she was a bitch. i honestly do not get offended if anybody calls me a paki.
Don't be a sellout, bro.

Back