will a paki fighter ever make it into the ufc?

right now the only good race of fighters in the middle east are afghans and iraq's, i'm paki, and the only way i see paki fighters making it into the ufc is if they train in places like europe or america maybe even in brazil. i'm not racist or anything so any champion i see in the ufc i want to train with them, so i want to travel to other countries like brazil or russia. the fighters in pakistan aren't that good because they don't have high level strikers or grapplers in pakistan. so i believe that if a pakistani trains in america or any country where their are high level strikers then they can make it into the ufc. the only good fighters that would make it into ufc would be amir khan and probably his bro.
Pakis can't even win Indians lol, they had Paki vs Indians in sfl and all of the Indians won. A paki one fc fighter does have a victory over Thai prospect Shannon wiritichthai. But he been losing a lot and got ktfo in less then 1 min against Filipino journey man jimmy yabo. Ktfo as in put to sleep stiff.

Pakis can't even win Indians lol, they had Paki vs Indians in sfl and all of the Indians won. A paki one fc fighter does have a victory over Thai prospect Shannon wiritichthai. But he been losing a lot and got ktfo in less then 1 min against Filipino journey man jimmy yabo. Ktfo as in put to sleep stiff.

well if you look at the video i just put on here, then you would know that their improving now, this new paki fighter waqar umar, hes a prospect, he's actually improving his ground game which most paki's neglect, so now i believe that by 2017-2019 their will be a paki fighter in the ufc, waqar umar i didn't hear about him up until today just beat an afghan and has beaten 3 other afghans, and because of his most vivid loss to amir khan ansari, he worked on his ground game. now pak mma is evolving pretty soon we're going to see a paki champion in one fc.

no, paki's don't get offended when you call them paki's. black people get offended when you call them the n word.

lol i dont know about UK but here in canada calling a pakistani a paki is the equivalent of calling a black guy :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. its also used by racists as a slur against anyone who is indian/arab/bengali/afghan etc.

but i have noticed that my pakistani friends call eachother paki and they are okay with me an afghan calling them that. but to pakistanis i dont know, i always say pakistani and to my friends if a stranger calls them paki, thems fighting words.

paki?

is this like how its ok for black people to call each other :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:z

I might be wrong but the N word was created by white people as a term to describe black people. People from Pakistan were calling each other Pakis long before it was ever used as an abusive term by anybody. I believe that's the main difference.

I might be wrong but the N word was created by white people as a term to describe black people. People from Pakistan were calling each other Pakis long before it was ever used as an abusive term by anybody. I believe that's the main difference.

i doubt pakistanis were calling each other paki before it started being used as a racial slur. i could totally be wrong about that but even in their language and neighbouring languages they are referred to as pakistani. regardless, its a risky way of addressing them and all youre doing is saving yourself a couple of syllables by not saying pakistani.

i doubt pakistanis were calling each other paki before it started being used as a racial slur. i could totally be wrong about that but even in their language and neighboyring languages they are referred to as pakistani. regardless, its a risky way of addressing them and all youre doing is saving yourself a couple of syllables by not saying pakistani.

I can 100% guarantee the abbreviation happened long before the racial slur.

I think a separate but equal fight league is best for that racial category. I'm sure they can come up with something really super if they try.

I don't have one. Think about it though. Did the TS and the millions of other Pakistanis across the world who describe themselves as Paki a) Learn the term from ignorant racists. or b) Learn the term from older members of their Pakistani families who've been abbreviating their nationality for generations.

The racial slur was first recorded in the UK in the early 1960s. Are you seriously suggesting nobody from Pakistan ever abbreviated their nationality until that date?

I don't have one. Think about it though. Did the TS and the millions of other Pakistanis across the world who describe themselves as Paki a) Learn the term from ignorant racists. or b) Learn the term from older members of their Pakistani families who've been abbreviating their nationality for generations.

The racial slur was first recorded in the UK in the early 1960s. Are you seriously suggesting nobody from Pakistan ever abbreviated their nationality until that date?

A.

as a person who can understand urdu (pakistan's language) and farsi (a language that heavily influenced urdu) and pashto (another language spoken on pakistan's western border and in afghanistan). i have never heard of pakistanis referring to themselves as paki outside the english connotation of how blacks can call eachother :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:z. from what i have heard in all 3 of those languages, pakistani is said as pakistani.

A.

as a person who can understand urdu (pakistan's language) and farsi (a language that heavily influenced urdu) and pashto (another language spoken on pakistan's western border and in afghanistan). i have never heard of pakistanis referring to themselves as paki outside the english connotation of how blacks can call eachother :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:z. from what i have heard in all 3 of those languages, pakistani is said as pakistani.

Yet TS isn't from the UK, freely uses the word and was oblivious to how it could be offensive. The same as a lot of Pakistanis you encounter on the internet. Are you saying that since the early 60s the term was invented by people in the UK and has since been reclaimed, accepted and spread around millions of Pakistanis throughout the world to the point where many don't even know it was originally a racial slur? You think that happens in three generations?

Tbf though, I've played my part in derailing this thread enough already I'm gonna bow out before I get carded.

Isn't paki racist like calling japense people japs?
Anyway they won't have any great fighters unless mma/boxing/wrestling/judo is a top sport there.
Christ, you cannot be serious. What can the word "Paki" possibly mean, other than "Pakistani"? What does the word "Brit" mean? "British". How is it 'racist', and what does the word 'racist' mean? Oh - you mean 'white people who simply want to live around their own kind, in their own countries, and having nothing to do with other races, and therefore be unable to hurt them in any way." You obviously believe that white people, and ONLY white people, have to give up their successful countries to every other race on the planet. Why?

really my cousins a british pakistani, and he calls himself a paki a lot. and hes from the uk.
pakistani's from England are considered some of the most racist people in the country.

we called them paki's growing up and it's definitely considered a derogatory term, but then so is n*gger and you've got black and white people calling themselves that in America, and pretty much any nation that listens to rap ... so all of them?

it's about how you use the term, not the term itself, but in regards to the term "paki" .... many idiots actually believe that is what people from pakistan are called.

lol i dont know about UK but here in canada calling a pakistani a paki is the equivalent of calling a black guy :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. its also used by racists as a slur against anyone who is indian/arab/bengali/afghan etc.

but i have noticed that my pakistani friends call eachother paki and they are okay with me an afghan calling them that. but to pakistanis i dont know, i always say pakistani and to my friends if a stranger calls them paki, thems fighting words.

Yeah, that's correct it's a racial slur here. I live in Canada too and I know this 100%. I saw a brutal fight over this here.
I don't know about every age group or specific crowds, if it's a new thing but I highly doubt it ... everyone here knows if you call someone this, it's like calling a Chinese guy the C word and you better be ready to throw down.

I can vouche and say you are correct.

Yet TS isn't from the UK, freely uses the word and was oblivious to how it could be offensive. The same as a lot of Pakistanis you encounter on the internet. Are you saying that since the early 60s the term was invented by people in the UK and has since been reclaimed, accepted and spread around millions of Pakistanis throughout the world to the point where many don't even know it was originally a racial slur? You think that happens in three generations?

Tbf though, I've played my part in derailing this thread enough already I'm gonna bow out before I get carded.

Pak·i
ˈpakē/
noun
BRITISH informal offensive
noun: Paki; plural noun: Pakis
  1. a person from Pakistan or South Asia by birth or descent, especially one living in Britain.
Paki [ C ]
UK /ˈpæk.i/ US /ˈpæk.i/ offensive
offensive word for a person from Pakistan
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/paki

i can't do anything else to convince you.

Pak·i
ˈpakē/
noun
BRITISH informal offensive
noun: Paki; plural noun: Pakis
  1. a person from Pakistan or South Asia by birth or descent, especially one living in Britain.
Paki [ C ]
UK /ˈpæk.i/ US /ˈpæk.i/ offensive
offensive word for a person from Pakistan
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/paki

i can't do anything else to convince you.

Convince me that the British invented the term Paki as a racially abusive term only for Pakistani immigrants to say "Wow, I never thought of abbreviating my nationality before". Then somehow the small number of Pakistani immigrants in the UK managed to communicate the term to millions of Pakistanis worldwide before the internet existed in a couple of generations? No, you can't.

Convince me that the British invented the term Paki as a racially abusive term only for Pakistani immigrants to say "Wow, I never thought of abbreviating my nationality before". Then somehow the small number of Pakistani immigrants in the UK managed to communicate the term to millions of Pakistanis worldwide before the internet existed in a couple of generations? No, you can't.

i have proved using cambridge dictionary that its an offensive term.

in regards to its origin. it was used against pakistanis and sri lankans and basically anyone who looked south asian immigrating to the UK in the 1960s

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/6740445.stm

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=Paki

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back