Why Jacobs Not Weighing in Was an Issue

Size is a natural attribute too...Part of it can be regulated to certain extent with weight classes. But weight is only part of size.
If a 2nd day weigh in didnt jeopardize rehydration and have the ability for the fight to be called off I would definitely would think it should be a rule. But since its so controversial I dont mind it being determined like this.

What about the Canelo Chavez jr fight? Thats going to be a huge size difference in the ring. Your thoughts on that?

But it seems noone wants to say that Jacobs felt he needed the size advantage to be competitive. Thats why he sacrificed the belt, lol, Not the stupid sanctioning fee.
Bingo, there it is plain and simple.
Gain an advantage, to try to win the fucking fight.
I still dont understand why people are having a problem with a guy who made weight legally and came in bigger the next day. Its not like its the first time its happened in boxing.
And oh yeah, by the way, if all it means is sacrificing winning a belt but on the other side of that beating GGG, the IBF belt wont mean shit anyways, cause Danny would be the A side for the rest of his fights (Canelo excluded) and all of a sudden having solid leverage in a Canelo negotiation.

What about the Canelo Chavez jr fight? Thats going to be a huge size difference in the ring. Your thoughts on that?

That remains to be seen. Last time Canelo weighed in at fight time he was 176 pounds and that was with him cutting weight the day after the official weigh-in as punishment for not being able to make the original contracted weight limit. He had to weigh 168 a few hours before the fight and he still packed on lots more pounds after that.

At his best Chavez was a 160 pound fighter. He's a really lazy bastard though who often misses the majority of entire training camps so he fights around 170 give or take.

If he shows up in shape he will still be bigger than Canelo but not by much at all.

That remains to be seen. Last time Canelo weighed in at fight time he was 176 pounds and that was with him cutting weight the day after the official weigh-in as punishment for not being able to make the original contracted weight limit. He had to weigh 168 a few hours before the fight and he still packed on lots more pounds after that.

At his best Chavez was a 160 pound fighter. He's a really lazy bastard though who often misses the majority of entire training camps so he fights around 170 give or take.

If he shows up in shape he will still be bigger than Canelo but not by much at all.
I think the size difference will look even more noticeable in this upcoming fight. But wont matter to me in the least bit.
They make weight they make weight

I don't see how its relevant. They made the official weight.

Especially since he was all over the 24/7 talking about he can eat anything he wants and make weigh no problem so I'm sure staying at 170 was a breeze for him.

i skipped from page 4 to this...

WTF is going on with these retards?

You know how many times fighters like Pacquiao and Floyd have fought guys who have come in to a fight 15 - 20lbs bigger? This is what great fighters do. Wasn't GGG supposed to be this great white hope? Most of us thought Jacobs had no chance against GGG and the weight did help him a lot but what it also did is show me that GGG relies heavily on power but once you put him in there with someone that can handle that power he doesn't have much left to offer. This is why he wont move up.

Size is a natural attribute too...Part of it can be regulated to certain extent with weight classes. But weight is only part of size.
If a 2nd day weigh in didnt jeopardize rehydration and have the ability for the fight to be called off I would definitely would think it should be a rule. But since its so controversial I dont mind it being determined like this.

Size wise the disparity should be about the same and might make the fight interesting if Chavez' punches are able to keep Canelo honest. The difference in skill between those two is more pronounced though. We'll see if Chavez can box smart like Jacobs did.

None of your arguments make sense. You admit size and chin is affected by dehydration... Repeatedly. You just can't see past your own cognitive dissonance.

Dum Dum
It's not that his arguments don't make sense, it's that you don't understand them. So instead of learning about them you find it easier to talk in circles about things no one is arguing about but yourself.

Lmao at thinking Jacobs didn't weigh in to avoid a sanctioning fee.

He didn't pay the sanctioning fee because he had no interest in competing for the IBF belt chiefly because he's a big MW who would have been pushing it to comply with the IBF rehydration regulations. So basically he didn't pay, wasn't subject to their regulations and broke absolutely no rules. Maybe people think a 10 pound rehydration rule should apply to all fights across the board. They should be consistent if that's the case (most fighters rehydrate more than 10 pounds).

He didn't pay the sanctioning fee because he had no interest in competing for the IBF belt chiefly because he's a big MW who would have been pushing it to comply with the IBF rehydration regulations. So basically he didn't pay, wasn't subject to their regulations and broke absolutely no rules. Maybe people think a 10 pound rehydration rule should apply to all fights across the board. They should be consistent if that's the case (most fighters rehydrate more than 10 pounds).
I've already answered to every point you have in my previous replies. I think it's a shit move. Pretty simple.

I've already answered to every point you have in my previous replies. I think it's a shit move. Pretty simple.

I understand your opinion and respect it but you are dismissing a couple of key factors. The main reasons he didn't want that belt make perfect sense. He only has 2 possible fights at 160. Canelo and a GGG rematch. If he won he was fighting Canelo next and the IBF belt has no effect on that match because Canelo doesn't want a belt with that weight stipulation either. If he lost and the Canelo fight didn't happen he was moving up so the belt means nothing. With a GGG rematch the belt wouldn't matter either. So paying over 5% of close to 2 million bucks for no benefit at all would be silly.

Obviously he didn't want to weigh-in the next day either but making it seem like that is the only reason he didn't go for that belt is a falsehood.

I know it should be a slaughter but if he isn't weight drained and Nacho can get him to fight smart there's a chace it'll be as good a fight as GGG and Danny. Sometimes you can teach an old dog new tricks.

I know it should be a slaughter but if he isn't weight drained and Nacho can get him to fight smart there's a chace it'll be as good a fight as GGG and Danny. Sometimes you can teach an old dog new tricks.
I'm picking Junior to get stopped on cuts/injuries. Kind of like Cotto/Tony 2.

You know how many times fighters like Pacquiao and Floyd have fought guys who have come in to a fight 15 - 20lbs bigger? This is what great fighters do. Wasn't GGG supposed to be this great white hope? Most of us thought Jacobs had no chance against GGG and the weight did help him a lot but what it also did is show me that GGG relies heavily on power but once you put him in there with someone that can handle that power he doesn't have much left to offer. This is why he wont move up.

Am i the only one over here who was impressed by ggg , he actually outboxed the boxer( I had ggg by one round). He landed more efficiently and used his jab to dictate most of the fight, all while being on the offensive. Very impressed by both fighters and I don't think canelo beats either of them

Am i the only one over here who was impressed by ggg , he actually outboxed the boxer( I had ggg by one round). He landed more efficiently and used his jab to dictate most of the fight, all while being on the offensive. Very impressed by both fighters and I don't think canelo beats either of them

just you i think

Jacobs gave him slight angles and feints he didnt seem to be able to deal with, not on a large scale though, i thought they were both pretty poor at figuring out each others style

Jacobs fougth like he was petrified of being hit, GGG fought like he didnt know what to do

just you i think

Jacobs gave him slight angles and feints he didnt seem to be able to deal with, not on a large scale though, i thought they were both pretty poor at figuring out each others style

Jacobs fougth like he was petrified of being hit, GGG fought like he didnt know what to do

I thought Jacobs used excellent angles that seemed to frustrate ggg quite a bit and his movement was very impressive (ggg definitely lost his cool a couple of times).... I felt ggg kept looking for that big shot And it took away from his boxing at times. he also dodged and deflected a lot of punches that seemed to land at first glance , again all while being on his lead foot and chasing .....his jab was definitely the defining factor in this fight and Jacobs seemed to have no answer for it. Jacobs screaming and yelling made it seem like he was landing a lot more than he actually was overall very impressed by both

Back