Why Jacobs Not Weighing in Was an Issue

I'm picking Junior to get stopped on cuts/injuries. Kind of like Cotto/Tony 2.
I think he'll last into the second half of the fight if he's in good shape. If he tries to make it an inside war though I think Canelo's body work will wear him down. Will be interesting to see if Junior can land hard enough to make Canelo wary.

I thought Jacobs used excellent angles that seemed to frustrate ggg quite a bit and his movement was very impressive (ggg definitely lost his cool a couple of times).... I felt ggg kept looking for that big shot And it took away from his boxing at times. he also dodged and deflected a lot of punches that seemed to land at first glance , again all while being on his lead foot and chasing .....his jab was definitely the defining factor in this fight and Jacobs seemed to have no answer for it. Jacobs screaming and yelling made it seem like he was landing a lot more than he actually was overall very impressed by both
I guess it was good that he was pumped up, but I thought the same, maybe being so emotional worked against him.

I thought Jacobs used excellent angles that seemed to frustrate ggg quite a bit and his movement was very impressive (ggg definitely lost his cool a couple of times).... I felt ggg kept looking for that big shot And it took away from his boxing at times. he also dodged and deflected a lot of punches that seemed to land at first glance , again all while being on his lead foot and chasing .....his jab was definitely the defining factor in this fight and Jacobs seemed to have no answer for it. Jacobs screaming and yelling made it seem like he was landing a lot more than he actually was overall very impressed by both

I have only watched it once, perhaps i need to watch it again. I just got a feeling that Golovkin was trying to pile forwards and not being that sucessful

It was certainly no masterclass by either fighter though, Jacobs was trying to sneak rounds, and GGG was hoping him being on the front foot was a deciding factor

I could name 10 fighters from the past 30 years who would have won that fight by a canter against either guy

Am i the only one over here who was impressed by ggg , he actually outboxed the boxer( I had ggg by one round). He landed more efficiently and used his jab to dictate most of the fight, all while being on the offensive. Very impressed by both fighters and I don't think canelo beats either of them
I was also impressed with GGG. I don't necessarily think he out boxed Jacobs. He out jabbed him for sure but out boxed him isn't what I would call it, but that's just me.

I had Jacobs winning the fight. However, this was the first time we saw GGG in with elite competition, and according to a lot of the casuals, outweighed by 32 pounds, and was able to absorb Jacobs punches to the chin like it was no problem. I was also happy to see that GGG, when pushed and things aren't going his way, dig in and fire right back. I thought both men put on an amazing show and I would love to see it again.

just you i think

Jacobs gave him slight angles and feints he didnt seem to be able to deal with, not on a large scale though, i thought they were both pretty poor at figuring out each others style

Jacobs fougth like he was petrified of being hit, GGG fought like he didnt know what to do

I don't think Jacobs was petrified of getting hit. I think his corner knew that anytime he settled his feet and tried to trade with GGG, that Golovkin was more likely to win those exchanges. Jacobs took good punches from Golovkin and didn't look too hurt. Even the KD, he was fine when he stood up.

I was also impressed with GGG. I don't necessarily think he out boxed Jacobs. He out jabbed him for sure but out boxed him isn't what I would call it, but that's just me.

I had Jacobs winning the fight. However, this was the first time we saw GGG in with elite competition, and according to a lot of the casuals, outweighed by 32 pounds, and was able to absorb Jacobs punches to the chin like it was no problem. I was also happy to see that GGG, when pushed and things aren't going his way, dig in and fire right back. I thought both men put on an amazing show and I would love to see it again.

I see your point, to me if you land more, get hit less = outboxing you opponent. I agree I would love to see this again great show by both

Back