Why Jacobs Not Weighing in Was an Issue

Another Sherdog account gone.
Another White belt in turmoil.
If he was another belt color, he may of had a more priveledge forum experience.
Maybe one day, it wont matter about the color of your belt, but more on the character of your posts.

#Whitebeltsmatter

He just got himself banned in the heavies lol.

I got robbed.
You could maybe try and find his real or other accounts and ban those too. Good thing Im not a mod I'm extra petty like that.

You could maybe try and find his real or other accounts and ban those too. Good thing Im not a mod I'm extra petty like that.
Point them out if you think you know them.

Most the time peoples assumed alt accounts arent actually them though.

That fight happened 17 years ago. A judge concluded that the weigh ins were not conducted right. He also said they failed to prove it was do to the size advantage.
That actually kind helps the other point. Not saying I agree with the ruling. Just pointing out how that situation was judicated.
Any other examples?
If that's not enough proof of the dangers of size disparity then there's nothing I can think of that would convince you. Same could be said of the dangers of fighting dehydrated. Could it be proved Kim died because he was dehydrated or could there be some other plausible explanation? I mean if you think about it that's the whole reason there are weight classes to begin with. Even before there were Marquise of Queensbury rules they realized that a good big man beats a good little man.

Look at this cunty :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.
Every PPV or big fight, there he is.

Is the UFC on Spring Break until McGregor comes back or what?

I'm waiting to see if Triple G comes to the WWE to fight Triple H.

If that's not enough proof of the dangers of size disparity then there's nothing I can think of that would convince you. Same could be said of the dangers of fighting dehydrated. Could it be proved Kim died because he was dehydrated or could there be some other plausible explanation? I mean if you think about it that's the whole reason there are weight classes to begin with. Even before there were Marquise of Queensbury rules they realized that a good big man beats a good little man.
I just pointed out what a judge decided. Like everything I am sure it had to due with multiple reasons. Everything isnt so balck and white. Just like im sure Danny had multiple reasons for not wanting to weigh in the day of the fight. Just like there are multiple reasonas the fight was so close and competitive. A lot of people here want to make it solely or mostly about their natural size difference and thats not the case.
The weight classes make it fair enough. If it didnt there would be no odds or you could be the world's richest man by just putting your money on the bigger fighter.
No matter what you do boxing will always be a blood sport.
If it was a legit issue there would be a lot more off the top of your head examples than 2 in 17 years with as many fights that have taken place. To me that kind of shows its working and also allowing guys more time to rehydrate safer.
Let me ask you this. Lets suppose you make the fighter get on a scale right before they get in the ring. What would you do with that info? How would it be useful?

I just pointed out what a judge decided. Like everything I am sure it had to due with multiple reasons. Everything isnt so balck and white. Just like im sure Danny had multiple reasons for not wanting to weigh in the day of the fight. Just like there are multiple reasonas the fight was so close and competitive. A lot of people here want to make it solely or mostly about their natural size difference and thats not the case.
The weight classes make it fair enough. If it didnt there would be no odds or you could be the world's richest man by just putting your money on the bigger fighter.
No matter what you do boxing will always be a blood sport.
If it was a legit issue there would be a lot more off the top of your head examples than 2 in 17 years with as many fights that have taken place. To me that kind of shows its working and also allowing guys more time to rehydrate safer.
Let me ask you this. Lets suppose you make the fighter get on a scale right before they get in the ring. What would you do with that info? How would it be useful?
First of all I'm speaking generally. It has nothing to do with this fight in particular. Also weight cutting has been discussed as an issue since the 90's so it's not something that just popped up now. Guys like McClellan, Jones, Toney all had fights where they outweighed their opponents by a significant margin.

Aside from just satisfying fans' curiosity the information could be used to determine if anything can be done to better protect fighters. Networks have been trying to provide unofficial weights for a long time now because it's pertinent information.

My question would be what's wrong with knowing how much weight guys are putting on after the official weigh in? Do you want to hide a possible health issue, or an unfair advantage, or something else? Sometimes we get so caught up in trying to win a debate we don't want to concede any opposing viewpoints. But size does make a difference.

If Danny weighed in at 190 or 200 or 210 by fight night, at some point, do you stop and think "Whoa, that's a pretty big size advantage!"?

his corner played it smart, they knew what they had in front of them and they took adv of everything they could

First of all I'm speaking generally. It has nothing to do with this fight in particular. Also weight cutting has been discussed as an issue since the 90's so it's not something that just popped up now. Guys like McClellan, Jones, Toney all had fights where they outweighed their opponents by a significant margin.

Aside from just satisfying fans' curiosity the information could be used to determine if anything can be done to better protect fighters. Networks have been trying to provide unofficial weights for a long time now because it's pertinent information.

My question would be what's wrong with knowing how much weight guys are putting on after the official weigh in? Do you want to hide a possible health issue, or an unfair advantage, or something else? Sometimes we get so caught up in trying to win a debate we don't want to concede any opposing viewpoints. But size does make a difference.

If Danny weighed in at 190 or 200 or 210 by fight night, at some point, do you stop and think "Whoa, that's a pretty big size advantage!"?
Advantages are a part of everything. Somebody is always going to have an advatage in some area.
This notion that you must make everything equal is just not reality.
There is a difference in between an advatage and an unfair advantage. Unfair to me means its not within in the rules.
These guys are fighting a dangerous sport for millions of millions of dollars. They are supposed to look for every legal advantage they can find.
All those guys big for their weight class got beat and by smaller guys... Except Roy too many caveats as to why he finally got beat.
Im sorry im at a loss for words at 190 200 and 210. Thats getting carried away. To even think somebody could rehydrate 40- 50 lbs in that time is baffling and just far fetched.
You would have to ask @RR why its kind of taboo to talk about. I dont know. I think revealing it will just add fuel to the fire. But again I still dont see how knowing the weight helps in any way. Saying things like "study" and "research " are just too genric.
Ok even if we pretend Danny was 190lbs...what can be researched from that?
That the naturally much bigger guy lost the fight and got dropped? So much for size advantage. To be honest it seems people just want to know to discredit.
The best part about it is that any promoter, manager, advisor, team member, or fighter who feels it is such an unfair advantage can literally negotiate or suggest a 2nd weigh in be added to the contract.

Last edited:
Advantages are a part of everything. Somebody is always going to have an advatage in some area.
This notion that you must make everything equal is just not reality.
There is a difference in between an advatage and an unfair advantage. Unfair to me means its not within in the rules.
These guys are fighting a dangerous sport for millions of millions of dollars. They are supposed to look for every legal advantage they can find.
All those guys big for their weight class got beat and by smaller guys... Except Roy too many caveats as to why he finally got beat.
Im sorry im at a loss for words at 190 200 and 210. Thats getting carried away. To even think somebody could rehydrate 40- 50 lbs in that time is baffling and just far fetched.
You would have to ask @RR why its kind of taboo to talk about. I dont know. I think revealing it will just add fuel to the fire. But again I still dont see how knowing the weight helps in any way. Saying things like "study" and "research " are just too genric.
Ok even if we pretend Danny was 190lbs...what can be researched from that?
That the naturally much bigger guy lost the fight and got dropped? So much for size advantage. To be honest it seems people just want to know to discredit.
The best part about it is that any promoter, manager, advisor, team member, or fighter who feels it is such an unfair advantage can literally negotiate or suggest a 2nd weigh in be added to the contract.
That the WBC mandates training camp weigh ins and the IBF requires day of weigh ins speaks volumes that cutting weight is a serious topic and not just sour grapes. I never stated anything was done illegally or that Jacobs had an unfair advantage. At this point we can agree to disagree since we seem to be repeating ourselves quite a bit and knowing @PUO3 he might get irritated and hit us with some yellows... :D

My question would be what's wrong with knowing how much weight guys are putting on after the official weigh in? Do you want to hide a possible health issue, or an unfair advantage, or something else?

I never stated anything was done illegally or that Jacobs had an unfair advantage.@PUO3 he might get irritated and hit us with some yellows... :D
I thought you kind of did say that here are the quotes.
However, doesn't seem like you want to discuss this anymore. Take care. New stuff was brought up in every post. Those are legit fair questions about "resesrching" and "studying" 190lbs .

I thought you kind of did say that here are the quotes.
However, doesn't seem like you want to discuss this anymore. Take care. New stuff was brought up in every post. Those are legit fair questions about "resesrching" and "studying" 190lbs .
No, what I meant is why the secrecy? Sure some guys were looking for excuses as to why GGG looked pretty ordinary against Jacobs. On the other hand some of the responses seemed to deny that there was any weight difference at all. It sure looked to me that Danny was bigger.

If we had official day of weights there would not have been so much controvery. Unless of course Danny rehydrated to some huge weight. It still would be legal but if you're impartial you'd at least be curious and wonder if any new rules need to be implemented.

And it's not just due to having an advantage. It's not as pronounced as much in boxing since we have more weight classes but there have been several instances in the UFC of fighters having to be hospitalized due to bad weight cuts.

PS I apologize if you thought I was dismissing you off hand. I respect your opinion but I just don't know what else I can say to express my view.

Never ever should that be a thing.

It's so incredibly easy to lose some of the fluid that surrounds your brain. The last time you were even a little thirsty you were missing well over 20% of the brain fluid that you should always have. Yes, by just being thirsty. It takes 24 to 48 hours to refill that fluid because dehydration is easy and re-hydration is not. That fluid is the only thing protecting your brain from your skull. Dehydrated fighters can die of course but they are also prone to long-term cumulative damage as well.

At the end of the day these guys are all just trying to make a living by entertaining fans. We already expect so much of them. Asking them to up the chances of dying significantly just isn't fair. So what if one guy has 10 pounds on some other guy. Heavyweights can fight guys 40 or 50 pounds bigger and no one cares.

Well, in theory, it would eliminate drastic weight cuts and we'd get a bunch of guys fighting at their natural weights which would be safer all around.

I understand that in practice, breaking the culture of draining dangerous amounts of weight to get a 5-8 lbs. "advantage" on rehydration isn't going to go away.

If they're dumb enough to put themselves in that position, the athletic commission should step in and say they can't fight. Dehydration is a very measurable thing. All it would take would be one or two guys losing big purses and it would get fixed.

That is both subjective and - in the case of the official scoring which is all that matters here (just as much as it did in Pacquiao vs Bradley I) - incorrect.

There was a close fight on Saturday. Jacobs let slip enough moments in the fight, got knocked down, and didn't leave enough of an impression in the minds of the judges to win. Saying he won at least nine rounds is a bold statement. There was no robbery and that is an insignificant remark. Maybe if George Nelson did a better job like, like Jacobs should have, more people would know who the hell George Nelson is.

I'm just goofing on this weird minority of people that truly believe Jacobs got robbed. I had it 115-112 for Gennady on first viewing. Watching again with the sound off, I had 116-111. Competitive fight, but not really a close one.

No, what I meant is why the secrecy? Sure some guys were looking for excuses as to why GGG looked pretty ordinary against Jacobs. On the other hand some of the responses seemed to deny that there was any weight difference at all. It sure looked to me that Danny was bigger.

If we had official day of weights there would not have been so much controvery. Unless of course Danny rehydrated to some huge weight. It still would be legal but if you're impartial you'd at least be curious and wonder if any new rules need to be implemented.

And it's not just due to having an advantage. It's not as pronounced as much in boxing since we have more weight classes but there have been several instances in the UFC of fighters having to be hospitalized due to bad weight cuts.

PS I apologize if you thought I was dismissing you off hand. I respect your opinion but I just don't know what else I can say to express my view.
I have not seen those post. Everyone I have seen has acknowledged Danny is and was the bigger man. This is something that has remained consistent from the time the fight was made up until in the ring. Who made that argument? I did not see that honestly.

Sure it could very well be an advantage. But thats the same as GGG power being an advantage. Or his chin being an advantage. In my book. Also backed up by rules. Wh

UFCs issues are UFC issues. Thats closer to wrestling weight cutting than boxing. Boxers cut less weight than both those sports. I think thats common knowledge.
Thats exactly what im saying if you cut enough weight to put on 30-50 pounds in 36 hours you are killing yourself. You will wind up in the hospital or you are 100% diminishing your returns. Thats not an advantage. Its the opposite of one. Thats literally why fighters try to weight drain other fighters. The reason why boxers dont cut as much weight as those other 2 sports because it does not work for a 10- 12 round boxing fights. Thats kind of another valid new point in this convo
No apologies needed. I respect you too thats why I am trying to fully understand your points.
As an outsider I agree with your point of just make it public. No need to hide. I just see how people are reacting and maybe they dont as a P.R. move. Look at the hate that even being 171-210 pounds is causing. Its a lose lose for them. Lol

I have not seen those post. Everyone I have seen has acknowledged Danny is and was the bigger man. This is something that has remained consistent from the time the fight was made up until in the ring. Who made that argument? I did not see that honestly.

Sure it could very well be an advantage. But thats the same as GGG power being an advantage. Or his chin being an advantage. In my book. Also backed up by rules. Wh

UFCs issues are UFC issues. Thats closer to wrestling weight cutting than boxing. Boxers cut less weight than both those sports. I think thats common knowledge.
Thats exactly what im saying if you cut enough weight to put on 30-50 pounds in 36 hours you are killing yourself. You will wind up in the hospital or you are 100% diminishing your returns. Thats not an advantage. Its the opposite of one. Thats literally why fighters try to weight drain other fighters. The reason why boxers dont cut as much weight as those other 2 sports because it does not work for a 10- 12 round boxing fights. Thats kind of another valid new point in this convo
No apologies needed. I respect you too thats why I am trying to fully understand your points.
As an outsider I agree with your point of just make it public. No need to hide. I just see how people are reacting and maybe they dont as a P.R. move. Look at the hate that even being 171-210 pounds is causing. Its a lose lose for them. Lol
Punching power and chin are natural attributes. It's not the same thing as cutting weight to have a size advantage.

There's about as much chance that Danny weighed 210 as that he weighed 171. I used that weight as an exaggaration. If I'm not mistaken he walks around in the 190's and his team wants him to stop cutting down to 160 ASAP. I don't know what he weighed fight night but would think it was somewhere in the 180's.

Punching power and chin are natural attributes. It's not the same thing as cutting weight to have a size advantage.

There's about as much chance that Danny weighed 210 as that he weighed 171. I used that weight as an exaggaration. If I'm not mistaken he walks around in the 190's and his team wants him to stop cutting down to 160 ASAP. I don't know what he weighed fight night but would think it was somewhere in the 180's.
Is Danny Jacobs naturally bigger than GGG?

Back