Why isn’t Khabib fighting sooner?

Fuck that. If someone wants to starve themselves cause god wants them to be hungry thats on them. I sure as fuck wouldn't change my eating habits to accommodate such nonsense.
And I guarantee you that nobody would ask you to accommodate them, so you can continue to strap on your feedbag and protect 'Murica and your freedom.

when is Ramadan? I found a FAQ on Ramadan, but still can't actually get the dates.

Also WTF. Saw this in the FAQ

Can I eat in front of you?

Absolutely not. There’s a strong expectation that all non-Muslims must refrain from eating in the company of a fasting Muslim.

Doing otherwise is regarded as grossly offensive and insensitive
let me help u out there bud.
Ramadan is part of the lunar calendar, not the christian based one you guys use(jan, feb, etc...)

This year:
Ramadan 2018 began in the evening of
Wednesday
16 May
and ends in the evening of
Thursday
14 June

https://www.google.co.il/search?q=w.....69i57j0l3.6143j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I love how google pulls things now with out the need of clicking links.

Also, of course its offensive dude, u cant just eat in front of someone fasting, he's been hungry all day at work/class. It's common sense and decency.

Anymore questions u got I'm here, was born into an all muslim town, but turned athiest as an adult, so no bias in my answers yet still an original source.

Not at all. I eat meat in front of vegans. I'll drink alcohol in front of alcoholics
You see, both people you'd do that too have amazing resolve to abstain from things that are no longer part of their life. If a vegan can be tempted by an edgy kid eating a cheeseburger or an alcoholic tempted by a belligerent asshole waving a drink around, then they really don't have that conviction down yet. Meat is everywhere, as is alcohol. So if a vegan or an alcoholic wants to choose to change their lifestyle, it will be by choice. If you think vegans salivate when you have a steak or an alcoholic is frothing because you have a drink, then you obviously don't know any. And if you do but rarely see them, they probably just dislike you as a person, and not because you choose to eat meat or drink in front of them.

FB_IMG_1526928040707.jpg

Muslims fast because Allah/God asks that from us. To feel hunger etc is extra...

The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey - then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and [wants] for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful

Ayah 183: O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous.

Mozes, Jesus etc all fast. We are the followers of the message they received. Ramadan gives u a special feeling. You become a better human for real.
And tonight insha Allah, i will deadlift and squat heavy weights on an empty stomach and thirsty !!

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of Islam, but if you know a guy is fasting, it seems common sensical to avoid eating in front of him.

So at work, I should stop eating lunch because of muslim co-workers?
If a guy is fasting maybe he should avoid places where people eat?

You see, both people you'd do that too have amazing resolve to abstain from things that are no longer part of their life. If a vegan can be tempted by an edgy kid eating a cheeseburger or an alcoholic tempted by a belligerent asshole waving a drink around, then they really don't have that conviction down yet. Meat is everywhere, as is alcohol. So if a vegan or an alcoholic wants to choose to change their lifestyle, it will be by choice. If you think vegans salivate when you have a steak or an alcoholic is frothing because you have a drink, then you obviously don't know any. And if you do but rarely see them, they probably just dislike you as a person, and not because you choose to eat meat or drink in front of them.
542221.jpg

Of course I would eat my lunch, but I wouldn't eat it in front of them. Usually when folks fast they don't do it in the lunch room or at a restaurant, so it is a really easy thing to avoid doing.

And if I knew someone was a recovering alcoholic, I'd usually avoid drinking around that person.
I'm in recovery. I think sneaking it around me is worse. The point is not for it to be a big deal or else it still consumes u

LISTENNNNN! !! !! !¡! !!

No Muslim cares if you eat or drink next to them while fasting! !!!! Yesterday i was reading Quran in the park and in front of me 2 guys barbecueing and drinking beer. Smell and smoke in my nose.. Care//

He’s targeting the end of the year. I’d like to see him in the cage this summer.

Shouldn’t he be racking up all the wins he can while he’s at his very best? I’m thinking he might be one of those champs that only fights once or twice a year.

That's pretty much every champ.

He’s targeting the end of the year. I’d like to see him in the cage this summer.

Shouldn’t he be racking up all the wins he can while he’s at his very best? I’m thinking he might be one of those champs that only fights once or twice a year.

most champs only fight twice any way.

1 reason is the thing called ramdian holiday and 2 who he gone fight and don't say conor.

being champ doesn't mean u fight 5 times a year.

khabib does have 26 wins so he doing just fine.

The only fights that make sense are Tony or Conor. I don't think Tony will be ready soon so unless Conor is ready to step up, who would he fight? I suppose Kevin Lee is an option but Tony just beat him. He fought in April so I'd say August or September would be ideal. Money talks and if Dana wants the fight he'll have it.
Khabib took no damage and there is no reason he should take 7 months off.

conor not ready to step up.

khabib will fight the winner of dustin vs eddie im sure maybe at msg event.

when your the champ the ufc has to slot you into ppv slots so it might be khabib call at that after all.

there nothing wrong with khabib always fighting around march/april and oct/nov as champ.

it better than conor who never fought.

Thats why I thought UFC's decision to desperately try to arrange any fight to ensure he won the belt was madness, they should have just rescheduled. Not they got a champ who will skip large parts of the year and even when he is scheduled to fight there is a high probability he will miss weight given his track record. As a business a guy like that holding the strap is a disaster; I guess they are banking on a big payday against Conor but its a big gamble that fight happens.

He was away from his family for a long time, wanted to do Ramadan and spend some time with his family(especially his new born kid) after winning the belt. He already said he eyes his return at MSG for a PPV. That's November 10th - so 6 months after winning the belt - that's actually not that long of a layoff to be quite honest. After all, there are other fighters that get pregnant apparently and never defend, so I surely prefer Khabib as alternative.

As for the Ramadan thing - most people don't give a fuck if you eat in front of them. It's not highly offensive to eat in front of a fasting Muslim. It's still common decency to not make things harder on people, so I'd try not to eat in front of someone fasting. I don't ask people that are trying to lose weight out to get fast food either. Just super simple stuff really.

Back