Why isn’t Khabib fighting sooner?

Champs?
He’s one of those fighters that fights once a year.
5 fights in last 4 years
He fought in December 2017 and in April 2018. One more fight and he will have fought 3 times in a year, making him the most active champion. Khabib goat deal with it

the funny part is Islam allows you to not do Ramadan, or do it to the best of your abilities if it affects your health or profession.

how could it not affect one's health or profession? I guess it becomes a matter of the degree to which it affects one's health or profession and is thus a personal decision.

U mean when people have no food in their system how can they fight. Well i guess its a bit like fighters weight cut. Just before the fight drink 16 gallon water and eat some chicken

you should google the yom kippur war. I don't even remember the details so I'm not trying to make this an israeli/palestinian thing on here (we already have enough racial talk). But this would be similar to what you're asking about.

when is Ramadan? I found a FAQ on Ramadan, but still can't actually get the dates.

Also WTF. Saw this in the FAQ

Can I eat in front of you?

Absolutely not. There’s a strong expectation that all non-Muslims must refrain from eating in the company of a fasting Muslim.

Doing otherwise is regarded as grossly offensive and insensitive

it's probably difficult to nail down an annual date on our calendars because they likely use a different calendar.

I also find it hard to believe that muslims living outside of a muslim majority country/community would expect others to not eat in front of them during ramadan. Most people don't even know when it is ramadan.

Fuck that. If someone wants to starve themselves cause god wants them to be hungry thats on them. I sure as fuck wouldn't change my eating habits to accommodate such nonsense.
In some Muslim countries this is enforced. So if you are living there you have to abide by their laws. Outside of that no non-muslim gives a shit about ramadan.

Even in India, which is very secular and has a large muslim population, no else cares about ramadan.

Belal Muhammad trains and fights during ramadan whilst he's participating in it. Ramadan is 1 month

Khabib needs 2 months to prepare for Ramadan and then 2 months to recover from the tiramisu abstinence before he can start a 2 month training camp

in a year, he has a 5 month window in which he can fight. in that window he can do 2 fights at the most, usually 1. sometimes he completely misses his window because of injuries

i'm a fan of Khabib but i'd rather Tony or someone be champ

He's looking for a big fight at MSG in November. I don't even know who the number 1 contender other than Conor is if he were to fight before that. Seems like everybody is booked or injured. Other than maybe Lee who is on a 1 fight winning streak where he missed weight and was finished decisively in his previous fight.

they are all like that these days, when they become champ they don't want to fight much anymore. once a year, and lucky to get that!

they are all like that these days, when they become champ they don't want to fight much anymore. once a year, and lucky to get that!
They can afford it now "thanks" to the PPV %. Even unknown champs like Nico Montano does it.

*religion = personal philosophical beliefs. That's not a criticism, but it's also no loftier than other philosophical beliefs
More than half the worlds population believe in a religion, that would suggest its a little more than just personal philosophical believe if u use a bit of brain

Something about Ramada. Can't eat if the sun is up or something goofy like that.

More than half the worlds population believe in a religion, that would suggest its a little more than just personal philosophical believe if u use a bit of brain

I should "use a bit of brain"?

(1) Every single person in the world has their own personal philosophy (which often shifts). Religion is a subset of the overall set of philosophies.

(2) those religions do not all share the same beliefs. So you can't just lump them all together.

(3) Even if they did all believe in the same religion, the majority believing in something does not make that thing true.

this is not a criticism of religion. Every person is entitled to their own personal philosophy, provided they are not harming others. Religion is no loftier than personal philosophy. They should be used as synonyms. They are not, because people believe their own personal philosophy is superior to that of others. It is not.

I am not even showing disrespect to religion. I am simply resisting it's elevation.

wait, you guys thought khabib would be an active " champ " ?

lmao.

when is Ramadan? I found a FAQ on Ramadan, but still can't actually get the dates.

Also WTF. Saw this in the FAQ

Can I eat in front of you?

Absolutely not. There’s a strong expectation that all non-Muslims must refrain from eating in the company of a fasting Muslim.

Doing otherwise is regarded as grossly offensive and insensitive
That part about being grossly offensive and insensitive is somebody's opinion, nothing more. I have several muslim employees that fast from sun up to sun down and not 1 of them seems bothered by others eating around them. They either sit at their desks or go on walks at lunch. They generally only get 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night, because they eat pretty late, then hit the gym or remain with their guests or families for a couple of hours before sleeping. They participate in shit like xmas exchanges and parties and I have never seen any of them doing obvious prayers at work. The only person I had to talk to was an asshole employee that thought it was funny to wave a cheeseburger under one of the guy's nose and then proceed to loudly talk about how juicy and delicious it was. Nobody complained, but I happened to witness it. But assholes are gonna asshole.

Back