Why isn’t Khabib fighting sooner?

when is Ramadan? I found a FAQ on Ramadan, but still can't actually get the dates.

Also WTF. Saw this in the FAQ

Can I eat in front of you?

Absolutely not. There’s a strong expectation that all non-Muslims must refrain from eating in the company of a fasting Muslim.

Doing otherwise is regarded as grossly offensive and insensitive
Fuck that. If someone wants to starve themselves cause god wants them to be hungry thats on them. I sure as fuck wouldn't change my eating habits to accommodate such nonsense.

the funny part is Islam allows you to not do Ramadan, or do it to the best of your abilities if it affects your health or profession.
Can you elaborate on this? I'm not being a wiseass; I honestly am uninformed.

when is Ramadan? I found a FAQ on Ramadan, but still can't actually get the dates.

Absolutely not. There’s a strong expectation that all non-Muslims must refrain from eating in the company of a fasting Muslim.

Expectations of non-Muslims? As if we work for them

I’ll do what I want.

He's terrified of top 5 fighters, he has never fought any.
Why do people say this? He was supposed to fight ferguson twice, twice ferg pulled out so he fought someone else. Did he not challenge every single man in the top 5 at ufc 223? How is it his fault none of them accepted? Did he not sign two contracts to fight alvarez who instead fought conor, understandably so. Im not being a dick but its amazing how some people draw the weirdest conclusions from whats happening, 'Khabibs terrified of top 5 fighters'.

ramadan started like 4 days ago i believe, meaning khabib wont be back in 3 months plus he needs a training camp which would be 6 months in total.

I'm not a huge fan of Islam, but if you know a guy is fasting, it seems common sensical to avoid eating in front of him.

The whole purpose of fasting is to get an idea of what it must feel like for poor people who cant afford to eat shit, and in turn appreciate what you have. Poor people must see others eating all the time, so it defeats the purpose if a fasting cunt expects others not to eat in front of him.

Edit: to reply to ts, yes, i think khabib should have fought sooner.

Can you elaborate on this? I'm not being a wiseass; I honestly am uninformed.

both travel and combat are valid excuses to not follow ramadan. fighting in the UFC would satisfy both. as is health, which would also apply to a weight cut. they just have to make it up when they are done i guess....

Permission to abstain from fasting is granted to the travelers who do not travel for the purpose of breaking their fast. Even though it is permissible to break fast during travel, it is praiseworthy to fast while traveling if no hardship imposed. In any case, travelers should make up the days they missed fasting in Ramadhan once Ramadhan is over and they are back home.

As for those whose sickness does not allow them to fast, they fall into three categories:

1. If it is neither hard nor harmful for them, they must observe fasting.
  2. If it is hard, but not harmful for them, they are permitted to break their fast.
  3. If it is harmful for them, then they must abstain from fasting.
  4. It is stated in the Qur’aan:
يٰۤـاَيُّهَا الَّذِيۡنَ اٰمَنُوۡا لَا تَاۡكُلُوۡۤا اَمۡوَالَـكُمۡ بَيۡنَكُمۡ بِالۡبَاطِلِ اِلَّاۤ اَنۡ تَكُوۡنَ تِجَارَةً عَنۡ تَرَاضٍ مِّنۡكُمۡ  وَلَا تَقۡتُلُوۡۤا اَنۡـفُسَكُمۡ ؕ اِنَّ اللّٰهَ كَانَ بِكُمۡ رَحِيۡمًا

Believers! Do not devour one another's possessions wrongfully; rather than that, let there be trading by mutual consent. You shall not kill yourselves. Surely Allah is ever Compassionate to you.

[An-Nisa:29]

The prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم was reported to have said, “ There is (to be) no harm or reciprocating harm.”

The days that are missed in Ramadhan must be made up once Ramadhan is over.

During the monthly period or period of post-natal bleeding, women are to abstain from fasting, but must make up the days they missed after the fasting month is over. The pregnant or the breastfeeding woman whose health or the health of the suckling baby might be affected by fasting should break her fast and make up the missed days after the Ramadhan.

It is also recommended for those who engage in combat in the way of Allaah سبحانه و تعالى to break their fast. The Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم told his companions in one of the battles, “ You are going to meet your enemy in the morning, abstaining from fasting is better for your strength, so break your fast.”

The only fights that make sense are Tony or Conor. I don't think Tony will be ready soon so unless Conor is ready to step up, who would he fight? I suppose Kevin Lee is an option but Tony just beat him. He fought in April so I'd say August or September would be ideal. Money talks and if Dana wants the fight he'll have it.
Khabib took no damage and there is no reason he should take 7 months off.

You would really not eat lunch because someone else is fasting?
Of course I would eat my lunch, but I wouldn't eat it in front of them. Usually when folks fast they don't do it in the lunch room or at a restaurant, so it is a really easy thing to avoid doing.

And if I knew someone was a recovering alcoholic, I'd usually avoid drinking around that person.

Most champs only fight twice a year now anyway

Of course I would eat my lunch, but I wouldn't eat it in front of them. Usually when folks fast they don't do it in the lunch room or at a restaurant, so it is a really easy thing to avoid doing.

And if I knew someone was a recovering alcoholic, I'd usually avoid drinking around that person.

ok yeah the alcoholic thing was mean, I wouldn't actually do that.

I wasn't expecting anything before the end of the year or early 2019.

I think Ramadan started 5 days ago and it will last for a month.

Offensive? great. one more reason to eat in front of my girl lol

He's training right now so he'll be ready after Ramadan. He's planning for later this year for extra recovery, time with his bew born, and to help his brothers train I think.

Back