Why Is Donald Cerrone on Such a Sharp Decline?

I noticed that Cerrone and Condit around the same time both lost their killer instinct. Both of these fighters were beast and fan favs at one time.

Ko by Masval made Cerrone lose his hungry. For Condit it was Maia taking his will an subbing him. Sad!

Karma. The homophobic comments (which 50% of the time = he doth protest too much, aka closeted / on the down low / stemming the rose instead of watching the cows) are coming back with full karmic justice.

12 years standing and banging are quite a lot for a guy his size and his age

I think that ome fighters have great records because they carefully pick their fights.

Cerrone seems to just take any fight he can get.

The sport has evolved past him, simple as that. I've never seen anything evolve as fast as mma

~DaViD~

Just a couple of years ago he went on an eight fight win streak at lightweight then he went 4-0 to start off at Welterweight. Now he's 1-4 in his last five and got handily beaten by Masvidal, Till, and Edwards. He's not that old, only 35. Why is he so bad now compared to what he once was? Do disappointing to watch as a huge fan.

DesertedGlumCoelacanth-size_restricted.gif
Fighting four or five times a year doesn't leave a lot of room for breaks between camps. Small margins make a massive difference at the elite level, and the damage he is taking combined with the lack of recuperation for his brain is bound to have slowed him down half a second.

He was blown out by Till and Masvidal but his other ww losses were respectable. He should be fighting guys in the Yancy Medeiros range

Just a couple of years ago he went on an eight fight win streak at lightweight then he went 4-0 to start off at Welterweight. Now he's 1-4 in his last five and got handily beaten by Masvidal, Till, and Edwards. He's not that old, only 35. Why is he so bad now compared to what he once was? Do disappointing to watch as a huge fan.

DesertedGlumCoelacanth-size_restricted.gif
He has moments of breaking mentally. Check his Diaz fight.

He's fuckin old man, especially in fight years

Honestly the fact that he hangs in there is a testament to him being good

Plenty saw the sharp decline coming. Cerrone never had a champion's mentality, one of the most mentally weak fighters ever in MMA, especially among top 10 guys.

IT JUST DOESN'T MEAN ENOUGH ANYMORE...TO LEARN,TO CHANGE AND BE MORE DISCIPLINED. ala Quit drinking beer for one.

stuck in a rut it seems...getting older and body NOT better

God Bless HIm I bet he trains hard as a mofo. Train Smart? who knows

Yeah, I think it's a bit of millage and he admits he never really study and watch films of his opponents, which has worked for him in the past, but unfortunately not with younger guys like Till and Edwards, who are just hungry young lions. He took the Masdival fight too quickly and never even had a month on training camp. And in the Lawler fight, imo he got off guard coz he's a slow starter, and Robbie like the animal he is came straight right through him in the 1st round and dictated the pace, and Cowboy never really had it going. I still think he'll get that W soon and break the record for most ufc wins.

Age and fighting WW's. Hopefully he returns to form going back to 155.

He's burnt out....fighting every month is great when your young for experience but when you get to your late 20's and 30s you should take every single fight seriously and fight less. Donald seems content with just going down as a gatekeeper who fought a shit load. he's reached his peak and it might spike here and there but he's going down. Besides the most amazing thing about him was he spams kicks and he has a good guard he would have never been champ though.

I don't think Donald is as good as people thought....

I mean he IS old. he's not at HW where you can be at the top at almost 40 year old. also he's close to 15 years in the game with tons of fights. that's a lot of mileage

isn't skydiving, surfing, hang glider, cliff diving and water skiing part of Cerrone's training routine as well??

Last edited:
45 MMA fights, 29 kickboxing matches, and 1 boxing match in 16 years of being a professional.

He fights too much. Takes too many short notice fight. Doesn't train as seriously as he should. Small for WW. Ect.

Great skill. Lots of experience. Its mainly mental shit that stops him.

Back