Why Is Donald Cerrone on Such a Sharp Decline?

Probably has something to do with how much he drinks.

Ummm...because he is 35 years old and that is actually pretty damn old in terms of athletic performance.

MMA fans seem to have a fundamental disconnect when it comes to age and athletics. No other sport is surprised when a 35 year old starts performing way worse
I swear it’s because joe goes nuts pointing out 40 year old Yoel fucking guys up. And he should because it is exceptional. However these dolts posting like to type in the two or three exceptional examples and act lol ke it’s probably of that age has no meaning. Frankly they are idiots

Didn’t look good when he stopped sparring, made him fresher immediately for a couple of fights but after that killed him.

I think he’s broke mentally. I don’t think it’s a physical issue

as stated
1.high mileage...dude has more fights in one year than most guys in 2
2.life threatening accident....its been a while but those injuries he got don't ever fully go away im sure he still has some lingering side efffects
3.a little too big for LW too small for WW

There's a number of reasons. His age has affected his reaction time, drinks far too much for a professional fighter, too small for 170 (*especially with guys like Till) but doesn't want to cut weight anymore, he's a company man who takes fights on short notice.

But the main issue is he just fights too often, averaging about three/ four fights a year which with training camps is just brutal. Just over a month after the brutal fight with Matt Brown he was in there with Masvidal & looked shit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back