Why is diversity important for business?

This SJW stuff being in mainstream culture is recent. If google keeps perpetuating a culture of mediocrity, they'll go on the decline. Just look at IBM, in 1985 they were a behemoth of epic proportion, in today's terms they were bigger than Apple, and bigger than Google and Microsoft combined. And today, over 30 years later? A piece of garbage nobody remembers, all its' divisions and products were fragmented and sold to multiple parent companies.

How do you go from IBM to assuming Google has a "culture of mediocrity"? I feel like you need to back that up with something considering Google is one of the most profitable companies in the world

I don't get it. Shouldn't it be competency based and not on what you look like? Google created this artificial work culture by nit-picking over what people look like. Non white men policy for a while. Can you believe it?

Police forces have to fill a quota of women, even though many won't pass training, for political correctness. They seem not to care that a women won't be able to pull me out of a burning building.

Wtf is going on?

You wouldn't see any value to having female officers talking to rape victims? You don't think that an Chinese cop might get better information working in Chinatown might be more trusted and knows the culture?

diversity is important if America wants to "change" the World. They have to show that they care about minorities like Blacks and Hispanics. To make it look like we are on an even playing field. After all, America is the land of the free, is it not?

People from different backgrounds often have valuable insights that are unique to their experiences.

For example, look at H&M or any other business that has done some unintentional stupid racist shit. If they had some black people in decision making roles, that shit wouldn't have happened and they wouldn't look like complete idiots.

In general, more diversity leads to better ideas and decision making.

I don't get it. Shouldn't it be competency based and not on what you look like? Google created this artificial work culture by nit-picking over what people look like. Non white men policy for a while. Can you believe it?

Police forces have to fill a quota of women, even though many won't pass training, for political correctness. They seem not to care that a women won't be able to pull me out of a burning building.

Wtf is going on?

It isn't. Diversity for diversity's sake is intellectually dishonest.

People from different backgrounds often have valuable insights that are unique to their experiences.

For example, look at H&M or any other business that has done some unintentional stupid racist shit. If they had some black people in decision making roles, that shit wouldn't have happened and they wouldn't look like complete idiots.

In reality, no.

Where we are today is hiring to avoid lawsuits. Not for their ability or work ethic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...jun/29/connecticut-firefighters-supreme-court

This kind of activity is everywhere. Testing needs to be done by independent agencies and race needs to be hidden from written exam scores.
That will never happen. Believe it or not, race is what drives America.
i think its more complicated than either "side" of this issue cares to admit.

from the business/school's standpoint, of course theyre going to be better if they simply accept people based on merit.

from society's standpoint, i think it benefits everyone if we see people who look like us, in positions that we'd aspire to. if people feel as though they dont belong in a certain field, to the point where many dont even try, thats not good for any of us.
I like your post, but the better question is why does this only apply to certain groups and not all? why do some groups get a pass, and not others?

The minute you admit something is unintentional it can no longer be racist. Racism implies intent of prejudice.

And there is no evidence that diversity leads to better ideas.

Take countries like Japan, Israel, Norway, and South Korea. All are regional powers and world economic leaders, yet are racially and culturally homogeneous. At best, more diverse countries are on par with homogeneous countries

In contrast, some of the most heterogeneous countries are among the worst in the world.

Wtf is going on?

You can have merit based and still be diverse. You can also be not merit based, and not be diverse.

Let me give you an example. All the Dunkin Donuts, and 7 elevens in NYC are run and manned by people of South Asian descent. And there is of course of lot of these stores around, and it is every single one of them. Are south asian descended people the only people who can do this work competently?

You wouldn't see any value to having female officers talking to rape victims? You don't think that an Chinese cop might get better information working in Chinatown might be more trusted and knows the culture?

This post is sexist. Why should female officers talk to rape victims? You do know that men get raped

I like your post, but the better question is why does this only apply to certain groups and not all? why do some groups get a pass, and not others?

Because progress is insane. If white people want to be around eachother it's racist. I was told by a bitter minority that bitter minorities will hunt down/follow white people where ever they go.

Kind of creepy actually.

Diversity is only important in progressive cities and their surrounding areas.

It matters because you want to have a certain team dynamic. It doesn't matter much in some position.

But when it comes to google who is basically an advertising company.
They have come to the conclusion that diverse teams result in more productivity/profits.
It's not always good to have white "alpha male" types that would on paper qualify more for a position but if put into a team would cause friction.
The same goes for only having middle-aged women or shy Asian guys. You want to have a certain dynamic in a company like Google.

I actually agree with you itt, but you are contradicting yourself, because I've seen you argue for completely shutting down legal immigration in another thread.

Why nit-pick what people look like, or what country they come from, if they are the best man (or woman) for the job? If you can answer that, then you have an answer to your OP.

I have no problem if they are qualified. The issue that i am raising is that due to politically-correct optics and nonsese, they must hire a quota of certain people, even though they are unqualified.

Diversity is just a code word for racism against whites. Gone are the days of the best man or woman for the job. People now get jobs based on ethnicity and rather than skill level or qualifications. It’s had a massive effect on the public sector in fire depts and police depts for years and now it’s fully infiltrated the private work force as well.

That is what I am saying.

I agree. You can tell how stupid it is by how Google is failing!

Google may be diverse in skin color, I don’t really know about that. However, they sure as hell aren’t diverse in ideas. Nothing but a leftist echo chamber of sjw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back