Why is diversity important for business?

Sure but money has no color. Only skill required. If men gravitate to computing and coding and military, so be it. No amount of bullshit quota will change it. Men are not lining up to be nannies.

In short, it's because power replicates itself along demographic lines, and not necessarily maliciously. People tend to favor people like them and, whether it's intentional or not, white persons, black persons, brown persons, etc. are more likely to hire persons of their own ilk, all other things held equal.

Also, if we think that genetic intelligence does not vary along the lines races, which seems to be the case, then neither should employment representation. To that extent, underrepresentation is a symptom of something apparently unmeritocratic.

Google may be diverse in skin color, I don’t really know about that. However, they sure as hell aren’t diverse in ideas. Nothing but a leftist echo chamber of sjw.

Do you work for them?

Lol @ competency based.

Tell that to everyone who has a job becasue who their father knows or what “school and frat” these people belonged to.

That is horseshit. I was in a fraternity in college, and it has never helped me in getting a job. I don't even put it on my resume because of the stigma attached to fraternities.

That is horseshit. I was in a fraternity in college, and it has never helped me in getting a job. I don't even put it on my resume because of the stigma attached to fraternities.

You were in a shit frat my friend.

College is all about the connections you meet. Literally everyone knows this

This SJW stuff being in mainstream culture is recent. If google keeps perpetuating a culture of mediocrity, they'll go on the decline. Just look at IBM, in 1985 they were a behemoth of epic proportion, in today's terms they were bigger than Apple, and bigger than Google and Microsoft combined. And today, over 30 years later? A piece of garbage nobody remembers, all its' divisions and products were fragmented and sold to multiple parent companies.

IBM just stopped making and inventing things people wanted. Why? Probably because the guys who were behind it got old and just did not care to hire people who wanted to carry on legacy of the name IBM. They sold to shareholders who did not care either, and only interested in selling off.

You were in a shit frat my friend.

College is all about the connections you meet. Literally everyone knows this

I had absolutely no problem getting jobs throughout my life without utilizing any college "connections." You are right that I was in a "shit" fraternity though. Most of those guys were pretty worthless.

I had absolutely no problem getting jobs throughout my life without utilizing any college "connections." You are right that I was in a "shit" fraternity though. Most of those guys were pretty worthless.

Lol See I knew it.

"Diversity" is just a word the left praises that really means less whites.

Diversity is not important. Hiring based on merit is.

This SJW stuff being in mainstream culture is recent. If google keeps perpetuating a culture of mediocrity, they'll go on the decline. Just look at IBM, in 1985 they were a behemoth of epic proportion, in today's terms they were bigger than Apple, and bigger than Google and Microsoft combined. And today, over 30 years later? A piece of garbage nobody remembers, all its' divisions and products were fragmented and sold to multiple parent companies.

Actually IBM is doing rather well with IBM Cloud at the moment (revenue wise they are up there with Amazon and Microsoft), hardly "a piece of garbage nobody remembers". The personal computer was always a sideline to their core business of business data processing (since they started as CTR in 1911).
Not sure how you'd peg the changes to the tech market as a result of "diversity hiring" though. As well as losing the '80s clone wars to the "gang of nine" (and getting forced out of the market they created by 2004), their massive succession of losses resulted from failing to successfully innovate (despite attempts to do so with aggressive acquisitions).
It's not like they could pull a Harley when faced with Japanese competition, beg for protection by Daddy Raygun and turn failure to innovate into a fashion statement.
Being so conservative isn't a successful business culture for cutting edge tech (let alone being a reactionary).

racial diversity, sexual diversity, all meaningless. Diversity of experience though? An absolute great thing to have.

Sometimes they go hand in hand, but usually they don't. Not that any social justice barista or social justice office temp would know.

First the white man has to create these billion dollar companies so they can then play the diversity game and slowly loose money.

I agree. You can tell how stupid it is by how Google is failing!
Google's diversity is a smoke screen obviously. Their coders are still mostly white, indian and east asian males.
The reason is obvious, you put diverse people so you can reach a more diverse or political corrrect audience and sell more.

About female cops, they're pretty important to combat crime against other females. Send a male only team to arrest a female and wait for the lawsuits to roll on.

One of those threads where the TS really doesn't want to know, because TS could have done a simple google search, rather TS wants a thread where many simple post "its racist against whites"

They have a big lawsuit against them because of discrimination. Certain ethnic groups are dominating the engineering... the most important positions in the company. And the non-white/Asian groups get the bread crumb job positions.

This. Caucasians get the positions more often. There are plenty of minorities that have the same credentials and ability to do the same job but don't get the opportunity as their counterparts at times.

Why are they being mediocre ? Because they higher minorities?

Back