Why is Average IQ So Much Higher in Blue States Than Red?

Two main reasons for that.

First, passing IQ tests relies more on education that pure computational power, therefore more educated get more score

Second, American education for the most part is heavily left leaning, especially various social studies and "arts", a serious fraction of which is plain liberal brainwashing so no surprise that more educated (but still dumb) people with 6 figure college debts score higher

At last, I would doubt everything liberals say, these bitches love deception of all kinds

after regaining my composure, just blurted out one is a hard liquor and the other just a wine has far less alcohol and plenty taste.
Should have just told him vodka works better.

Come on, what do you think the IQ is of people who watch cars turn left on a track for 3 hours straight on tv. Its pretty obvious. Im sorry rednecks, its not personal, I think its just a lack of education. Only difference between red and blue states.

Oh look another pointless debate between the right and the left.

Oh, I get it. IQ is only a valid argument when some alt-right fascist is using it to dehumanize non-whites.

Next time I see that, I'll make sure to bring up multiple intelligences. "Yeah, but you should see him break a coconut with a rock."

Yes, the right has its fair share of assholes.

If we break it down to the actual facts, the discussion is going to turn unpleasant.

Read this if you have the time and care about deviations in IQ scores.
51iCoWIekpL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
the bell curve doesnt match the fact red states have a lower I.Q.

according to the bell curve..whites are more intelligent..yet...most trump supporters are white...the OP has links to trump states being retarded.....doesnt make sense...

the bell curve has been refuted before anyways.

I love the poorly educated!

Honestly, I wouldn't put much credence into these generalized 'IQ' scores. I highly doubt the 'average' Mississippian is a full standard deviation below the 'average' IQ.

I'd think it's more apropos to point out the disparity in how Clinton crushed Trump among those who have attained post-graduate degrees (58-37).

http://college.usatoday.com/2016/11/09/how-we-voted-by-age-education-race-and-sexual-orientation/

Well post graduate degree in say liberal arts do not equal a post gradual degree in business + STEM fields. I would like to know what their post grad degrees were in.

Reminds me of Cruz' comments after he lost to Garbrandt. 'Well, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed but he's a good fighter. I'm smart AND an good fighter so I'm better than him.'

Hey, if that's what you need to make you feel better have at it.

The simple answer is that it is not. Also, your stats are completely wrong. They originate from propaganda. Try sourcing them. State IQ does not correlate well with politics. There are high and low IQ Dem states and high and low IQ Republican states. Actually, to all the leftist swine that perpetuate this myth, here's a dose of reality: the difference in IQ actually correlates pretty well with the demographics of the state in terms of minority representation. Much of the south is peopled by high concentration of black citizens who statistically have an IQ about a standard deviation below their white counterparts. Mexicans similarly drive down average IQ. Look at California which is both insanely liberal and has a far below average IQ as a state. Bringing up this issue (conversations of state IQ are stupid to begin with) only serves to demolish your PC biases so you probably should quit.

I'd like to know more about where the numbers came from. I've never heard anyone mention mass amounts of people taking IQ tests for studies or census data.
The Economist ran those numbers and apparently ran a retraction. The numbers I've seen have California as being on the extreme lower end of the spectrum across states. TS's numbers are dog shit.

chrisevans3d, seems legit.

That data is fake. If it was true you could link it from a medical journal(iq by state, it hasn't been done AFAIK) or a polling site. There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the link explaining it, it is a hoax. Also an IQ of 113 would make connecticut a land of geniuses, as it's higher than any other country, even the ones with excellent all-inclusive education like singapore.

Lol!! Hawaii... they are some of the slowest people on earth. Hilarious.

I was born there and the intelligent people leave.

Unlike Muslims, we have evolved over the past 100+ years.

What a wonderfully ironic and naive statement. Left to their own devices, Christians would still be burning witches and rejecting science (not that they don't still do that now) just as they do in third world countries.

Western Christians owe their "evolution" to secular liberals. We are the ones who beat you over the head with science until you finally "reinterpret" your infallible holy book and join us in modern reality. We are the ones that have taught, and continue to teach you tolerance (because apparently your Christ didn't).

Unfortunately you are completely blind to history, so you think the only solution to barbaric and intolerant Muslims is war. You are incorrect. The only solution is the same one that was used on Christians over the last couple hundred years. Education, and when that doesn't work—shame.

The Economist ran those numbers and apparently ran a retraction. The numbers I've seen have California as being on the extreme lower end of the spectrum across states. TS's numbers are dog shit.
Yeah, I looked at average SAT and ACT scores yesterday after I finished posting in this thread and discovered that TS's claim about them matching up with his unreliable IQ data is complete horse shit. TS is blatantly dishonest or totally ignorant.

What a wonderfully ironic and naive statement. Left to their own devices, Christians would still be burning witches and rejecting science (not that they don't still do that now) just as they do in third world countries.

Western Christians owe their "evolution" to secular liberals.

You must be talking about the enlightenment. It is true that the rise of secularism coincided with that period but the West had already progressed significantly as a Christian society and despite the rise of secularism, the majority of society and even the majority of intellectuals were still Christian. Science was built on the backs of Christians, not because they were Christian, but because almost everyone in the West was at that time.

We are the ones who beat you over the head with science until you finally "reinterpret" your infallible holy book and join us in modern reality.

Many, many, many (the majority) of early scientists and mathematicians were strongly Christian. Newton, for example. Descartes, etc.

We are the ones that have taught, and continue to teach you tolerance (because apparently your Christ didn't).

Unfortunately you are completely blind to history, so you think the only solution to barbaric and intolerant Muslims is war. You are incorrect. The only solution is the same one that was used on Christians over the last couple hundred years. Education, and when that doesn't work—shame.

Um, no you can't educate and shame a suicide bomber into being peaceful when it is the values he holds that set him apart. The leaders of Jihad were actually educated, many in the West. We also see educated people self-radicalize in the West. Values ideological in nature, not scientific or factual in nature.

Yeah, I looked at average SAT and ACT scores yesterday after I finished posting in this thread and discovered that TS's claim about them matching up with his unreliable IQ data is complete horse shit. TS is blatantly dishonest or totally ignorant.
So luckyshot is wrong? I'm SHOCKED.

Back