Why is Average IQ So Much Higher in Blue States Than Red?

I'm skeptical of IQ test in general, I scored better than 95% of the test takers on the Swedish equivalent of SAT twice, I have a master of science in accounting but I would never claim to have high IQ. I have met so many that make me look like an imbecile. So just because a person can get a good score on such tests and a degree don't mean much in my opinion.

Masters of science in accounting is like getting a toy in a happy meal or a BJJ Black belt from the Nogueira brothers.

If anyone takes a look at those reported averages and can keep from laughing I'm impressed.

Descartes' contemporaries accused him of being a deist and even an atheist since he attempted to defend Catholicism on rationalist grounds.

I don't think it can be disputed that religion has historically been a major hindrance to the development of science and freedom of thought.
Descartes was incredibly devoted to his concept of God and thought it was central to understanding the universe. Many early scientists were members if the clergy. I'm an atheist and a secularist but your narrative that secularism came before scientific advancement is a false one. You can say that secularism developed along with the enlightenment, that the two arose from the same movement or tradition but that's not the same.

The red states have much larger obesity rates and there's a huge correlation between obesity, low IQ, and poverty.

This is a fact.

Source? Any leftist source needs to be questioned. What little credibility has been stolen away ny russian hacks. Wait wut?

No.......they're totally different numbers than what you posted....
Sorry, I see now. The numbers I was looking at were listed as "hoax" in your article. I just saw the identical numbers at first. What is the research source of the numbers from your article?

Edit: Still in your article, 7 of the top 10 are blue and 15 of the bottom 17 are red. That's not exactly a smashing comeback.

What's the point? If you're a Trump supporter and a Republican you're too much of a retard to differentiate good from bad methodology

Funny because actual academics reject the numbers being used for propaganda here which have been rehashed time and time again by dishonest ideologues.

Your numbers are shite.

maxresdefault.jpg

And, again, racial demographics are a better explanatory variable (statistics have shown again and again differences across racial groups - even liberal, progressive researchers agree although they think the reasons are cultural and environmental) than political orientation for the state averages. There are very low R and D states as well as very high R and D states.

Descartes was incredibly devoted to his concept of God and thought it was central to understanding the universe. Many early scientists were members if the clergy. I'm an atheist and a secularist but your narrative that secularism came before scientific advancement is a false one. You can say that secularism developed along with the enlightenment, that the two arose from the same movement or tradition but that's not the same.

Descartes considered himself a devout Catholic. Many of his contemporaries considered him an atheist or deist..... So we have modern apologist?

"we haven't seen democrats this upset since Lincoln freed the slaves"

Funny because actual academics reject the numbers being used for propaganda here which have been rehashed time and time again by dishonest ideologues.

Your numbers are shite.

maxresdefault.jpg

And, again, racial demographics are a better explanatory variable (statistics have shown again and again differences across racial groups - even liberal, progressive researchers agree although they think the reasons
Ok, but even if your numbers are right, most of the high IQ states are liberal. You guys keep insulting my numbers then posting alternate numbers that support the same basic conclusion.

Ok, but even if your numbers are right, most of the high IQ states are liberal. You guys keep insulting my numbers then posting alternate numbers that support the same basic conclusion.

So the top average IQ states of which there are 9 are pretty much an even split. 4 R to 5 D.

So we move on to the 2nd highest avg states, of which there are 6, 5 R to 1 D

Then we go to the 3rd highest avg states, of which there are 10 6R 4D

4th highest, 4 states, 3R 1D

So for the top 4 average IQ states, we end up with 18 who voted for Trump and 11 who voted Democrat. Statistically significant.

Now Silicon Valley is in California. Yet California has the 3rd lowest average IQ. Just think about that.

The smartest people in the world congregate there, yet their average IQ barely escapes being the bottom of the barrel. Why could that be?

Who else do we know that congregates in California in large numbers? Democrats and Illegals.

Access to clean water and fresh air from the sea

To be fair, top 5% is good but it's not really high enough to enter the standout ranges for intelligence.
I would never claim to be a standout in any regard but my grades and my test scores are much better then the vast majority of people in Sweden albeit I would never consider myself as highly intelligent. So my point is that tests like these don't tell the whole picture.

It's probably because of your social circle bias. If you hang out with really smart people, you are going to feel "average" by comparison even if you are objectively smarter than average. It's like people in NYC who make $250K a year and considers themselves "middle class".
That is a very good point and it made be contemplate over my social circle and all of them have much higher salaries than the median income and their positions are in 9/10 cases a leading role, whether it be as a CEO or office manager at a law firm.

So when it comes to my friends and acquaintances, I'm far behind when it comes to money and career.

Back