Why is Average IQ So Much Higher in Blue States Than Red?

Yep. Because I was around him some in high school. He wasn't dumb and he did not seem above average intelligence either. So I'd say he's average intelligence.

And myself, I'm average. I had below average test scores to poor test scores at times. I got good grades many times cause I worked hard and my parents told me is was important to get good grades. But my grades dropped as I played more high school sports. Just not enough time to prepare some nights.

You're trained to identify high IQ? You were trained in high school?

I ask because even professionals recognize that you can't eyeball it in most cases and that's after years of training. So, I'm curious about your skills when you were just in high school yourself.

*sigh, who are we kidding. Rip, God doesn't think you should be judging other people. You will get back on the right path only when you acknowledge these sinful characteristics you've embraced.

You're trained to identify high IQ? You were trained in high school?

*sigh, who are we kidding. Rip, God doesn't think you should be judging other people. You will get back on the right path only when you acknowledge these sinful characteristics you've embraced.
Pan, I'm trying to have a good discussion with you. I have no idea why you are so rustled and trying to take these little jabs at me.

There's nothing wrong with judging another person's talent or potential. You're taking things out of context. Honestly I think you know that you are, but you're so upset with me for reasons I don't know.

Pan, I'm trying to have a good discussion with you. I have no idea why you are so rustled and trying to take these little jabs at me.

There's nothing wrong with judging another person's talent or potential. You're taking things out of context. Honestly I think you know that you are, but you're so upset with me for reasons I don't know.

Rip, you already said you don't know the man's grades or test scores. We can't really discuss your analysis of his ability without something more concrete to base it on - unless you're a professional in this field.

I thought about having the discussion but then I realized that we have a bigger problem. You've become a parody of yourself. So, as always, I've dedicated our exchanges to helping you return to the path of righteousness.

I'm not taking jabs at you. I'm trying to help you. I'm not upset with you. I worry about you. You seem like a good man who has lost his way.

And yet they outsmarted the Dems in the election..

<41>
I think it actually proves a point about the number of dumb people are growing and the number of people with higher education are on the decline. It's all about the numbers.

I think it actually proves a point about the number of dumb people are growing and the number of people with higher education are on the decline. It's all about the numbers.
Like I said earlier, there's a lot of educated fools in our society.

Like I said earlier, there's a lot of educated fools in our society.

Sorry I was not going to read 14 pages of posts because I have a job and I just don't have time to post like some people seem to have around this place. I also own an apartment house and I am in the middle of renovating my old house. I am only pointing this out but also the fact that people who vote democrat are being out numbered in key states needed to win the White House. No one excusing Obama for his complete lack of interest in selling his economic ideas to mid-westerners. His only answer was you better get retraining because the jobs are not coming back. He never offered any ideas that would hurt himself with the donor class. Trump likes to remind people he is a card carrying member of the donor class.

Sorry I was not going to read 14 pages of posts because I have a job and I just don't have time to post like some people seem to have around this place. I also own an apartment house and I am in the middle of renovating my old house. I am only pointing this out but also the fact that people who vote democrat are being out numbered in key states needed to win the White House. No one excusing Obama for his complete lack of interest in selling his economic ideas to mid-westerners. His only answer was you better get retraining because the jobs are not coming back. He never offered any ideas that would hurt himself with the donor class. Trump likes to remind people he is a card carrying member of the donor class.
No problem. Good luck on the renovation.

It's cultural. Liberals tend to value education more. Why do you think there are so many liberals in academia.

Same reason why Asians are "smarter." Their parents pressure them from day one about education. Saying this as a "smart" Indian.

No problem. Good luck on the renovation.
More to the point I worry about social security because I paid into that a lot of money over the years. Republicans are already looking at how they can tap into that money well. I did not like ether choice because they are both not representing the best interest of the American people. They ether want to sell the notion that we are losing our civil rights or that we can go it alone in the world. While we talk about this stuff they are getting ready to gut social security and medicare.

This dick below he has noting to worry about he is going to inherent his family 300 million dollar fortune. Edit: Guess what his family fortune was made highway construction oh how that 1 trillion dollar highway bill Trump is proposing.
images

Last edited:
Go into all the liberal owned shit hole cities and tell me who has lower IQ's. You think rednecks have low IQ's? Those inner city hood rats take the cake.

This dick below he has noting to worry about he is going to inherent his family 300 million dollar fortune. Edit: Guess what his family fortune was made highway construction oh how that 1 trillion dollar highway bill Trump is proposing.
images
Paul Ryan creeps me out. I get a bad vibe from that guy.

That list is fabricated. I live in Illinois and we have a ton of dummies, starting with our elected officials.

1- Your list has Hawaii at #6, but according to some sites it's one of; if not THE, the dumbest:

http://www.someecards.com/news/news/states-ranked-by-intelligence/
screen-shot-2015-11-15-at-53236-pm-SL7x0i.png

http://brandongaille.com/list-average-iq-by-country-and-american-states/
Hawaii avg IQ 95.6

http://www.ttu.ee/public/m/mart-mur...ent_challenges_and_preliminary_correlates.pdf
Hawaii IQ 95

2- Your list correlates wealth to IQ

3- btw according to that last site I posted - with the exception of Alaska it looks like the whiter a state is the higher the IQ

Go into all the liberal owned shit hole cities and tell me who has lower IQ's. You think rednecks have low IQ's? Those inner city hood rats take the cake.

And I doubt you have been to any of these "shitholes" you speak of. LA is awesome. SF is awesome. Same with SD. Toronto? Fantastic place with a diverse culture. Never been to NYC so I cannot comment.

I have also been to many southern "red" states. Basically, you have no idea what you are talking about, as usual.

Paul Ryan creeps me out. I get a bad vibe from that guy.
Democrats have the Clintons and Pelosi the Republicans have the Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell. None of them are out for the best interest of the American people more like how they can line their pockets. All of them at one time or another talked openly about how they have benefited in some form or another from their positions. It's really messy and unreal.

Here is an interesting video from a liberal who is not a fan of the current crop of Democrats. Language warning ahead.

I don't follow. Top 5% would put you above 95% of the population. Just because it's not standout doesn't mean it's not high. The higher you go in any profession (and that includes the trades), the higher the average IQ's are going to be.

Tests like the SAT test a broader range of the population and so testing highly on those is good. But everyone who goes to undergrad and grad school and then makes real progress in their career also tested well on those exams. So, it's going to require higher and higher scores to stand out intellectually. I'm an exceptionally bright guy but after spending 3 years surrounded by other exceptionally bright people in law school, I realized that exceptionally bright isn't unique at this level (regardless of field).

Top 5% is still top 5%, it's just not standout. But there's a yuge range between standout and average...better to be close to the top than close to the bottom.
Good post and I agree with your reasoning.

It doesn't mean that being in Mass. makes you smarter. There are a lot of higher-learning institutions there and lots of bright people move there. This increases the IQ and ACT scores. On the other hand, Hawaii has pot and beaches, and not much research. IQ and every other measure is near the bottom. That's where Obama was smoking pot his whole youth in the "choom gang."

I came from a midwest state near one of the shittiest cities in the US. Lived for a while in DC. Worked my ass of for education and success. Am comfortable in the top 1% of income nationally and don't know my IQ but will guess its almost 140. I now live in a state that has a higher IQ and SAT/ACT scores. The work is better there for me. People like me and my kids moving there makes the average IQ higher.

Back