why don't we just eliminate tapping then and leave it to referee discretion

I'm sorry? Tapping shouldn't be allowed? What are you blabbering about?
Or you're so busy with your poor attempts to insult me that you confused me with someone else who put you in your place today?

You're so dumb. To the list you go. Keep being a skidmark in life you worthless pile of shit.

You're so dumb. To the list you go. Keep being a skidmark in life you worthless pile of shit.

I don't believe you put me on ignore.
You're going to lurk me and eventually you'll snap and start answering, totally forgetting about your promise.

if so many people think the lee/cheisa stop was cool then lets just get rid of tapping all together and leave it up to the refs....
i mean, fighter safety first right :rolleyes:

It's always been up to the referee's discretion. The tap is just a signal for the ref that the fighter is done

If you are honestly equating trigg's choke to Lee's, you really need to go back and watch that fight again. Matt Hughes never stopped defending and it was never fully sunk in under the neck. Just because Rogan goes apeshit doesn't mean anything.
This stoppage was inconsistent with how MMA referees normally handle this type of situation and not for the better.

Honestly Chiesa could of pulled a Kish to get outta the rnc ....... Herig was sunk in too ...... but kish the wily vet she is knew it was old rules and just pushed a few logs out her ass. Chiesa does this and he gets out the rnc as well.

This stoppage was inconsistent with how MMA referees normally handle this type of situation and not for the better.
It WAS inconsistent. The majority of people I talk to think it WAS a horrible stoppage. But not because Chiesa was somehow robbed, it's because Lee was robbed of a submission. It shouldn't have been stopped. The Matt Hughes frank trigg fight was nowhere near the same situation. Trigg had a loose choke that was never sunk in. Matt Hughes wasn't even fighting triggs hands the whole time. He knew it was loose so he kept trying to get Triggs hooks out to escape. Chiesa was done for. He's just all salty that he got "Chiesa'd" basically so it looks like he's trying to save face.

I haven't seen anyone who thought it was cool, most agree it was premature BUT his opponent was definitely done and gone anyway.

Yes he was probably done but we'll never know for sure because a ref doesn't know his job and that's a shame for both fighters and the fans. Honestly all he had to do is wait like 5 seconds at most and he probably would've went to sleep or defended himself. No need to jump the gun.

"He's out...trust me."
4v2qvo.jpg

if so many people think the lee/cheisa stop was cool then lets just get rid of tapping all together and leave it up to the refs....
i mean, fighter safety first right :rolleyes:

it is already left up to the refs....not intelligently defending yourself, the fight gets stopped.

many fights have been stopped with fighters still standing. I guess those were all bad stoppages too since the fighter wasn't unconscious.

It WAS inconsistent. The majority of people I talk to think it WAS a horrible stoppage. But not because Chiesa was somehow robbed, it's because Lee was robbed of a submission. It shouldn't have been stopped. The Matt Hughes frank trigg fight was nowhere near the same situation. Trigg had a loose choke that was never sunk in. Matt Hughes wasn't even fighting triggs hands the whole time. He knew it was loose so he kept trying to get Triggs hooks out to escape. Chiesa was done for. He's just all salty that he got "Chiesa'd" basically so it looks like he's trying to save face.
So you say there was a 0 percent chance for him to get out? I believe he didn't have a big chance but it was not zero. Both fighters and fans were robbed. Even if he tapped 2-3 seconds later, it would have been way better for everybody.

Those ppl are idiots. It was one of the worst stoppages I've ever seen. But, this is Sherdog.

There's nothing left to say.

I think most people agree it was a bad stoppage. The debate is about how relevant that fact is. Some people think the fight should be a NC. Whether the stoppage was good or not, Chiesa was done like dinner.

Who decided? You? Rules?
Again, if referee starts to decide who's zombie and who's not, the fights will get stopped chaotically.
Stoppage from submission is supposed to be - tap, nap or snap.

Actually YES, the ref decides (that's his job) and the rules say you must be trying to defend yourself, which Chiesa wasn't LOL

Back