why don't we just eliminate tapping then and leave it to referee discretion

I reffed a fight years ago where the guy went for a spinning armbar with the quickness. Good thing I was on the side he was landing & dove straight to stop it. The guy was tapping before I landed.

so the majortiy "thinks" it didnt alter the outcome, but we will truly never know. there's a fact :)

you HAVE to give Cheisa the chance to tap there imo, big blunder by Mario.
rookie mistake by veteran ref
You are preaching to the choir.

Stop changing the narrative. Nobody says it was cool. What most people are saying is that it shouldn't have been stopped, but he was not getting out of that choke, he stopped defending, and went limp. Unconsciousness was an eventuality.

I wonder how many people on this forum recognizes good ol' Otis.

Chiesa was using his chi to defend the choke, you could easily see he was setting up his vibrating palm technique and thats why he had both his hands by the sides of his 3rd eye as opposed to using his hands to fight the choke. 1-2 more seconds and Kevin Lee's heart would have exploded. I know this, Chiesa knows this, and Mario Kawasaki Ninja knows this.
I think Chiesa was in the preliminary stages of this defense. Kevin lee owes Mario Yamasaki a debt of gratitude....that would'a been ugly.
exploding-1.gif

jw what was sherdog like when you first started?
biggest change has been leniency from the mods. you can get away with murder on here. before they ran a much tighter ship
its better and its worse

can post chix in thongs now without dubs

shit ive had dubs for this several times over the years

Yes let's go back to the early days of UFC. Very few rules...fight till you can't anymore. DERP

When you stop defending a locked in sub, the ref has the ability to call it.

Lee had him out cold in 1-2 more seconds.
Which is an assumption you make. You can't know for sure though. Frank Trigg could have beaten Matt Hughes in that second fight as well with such a quick stoppage.

Which is an assumption you make. You can't know for sure though. Frank Trigg could have beaten Matt Hughes in that second fight as well with such a quick stoppage.
If you are honestly equating trigg's choke to Lee's, you really need to go back and watch that fight again. Matt Hughes never stopped defending and it was never fully sunk in under the neck. Just because Rogan goes apeshit doesn't mean anything.

The stoppage was ok. He wasn't tapping but he had already turned into a zombie. Empty look on his face, crazy hand movements, no attempt to defend the choke. Reason enough for a stoppage.

At this rate the ref might as well nominate a pre determined outcome for the "match"

Chiesa trying to adjust their hands and body to begin escaping the choke but was not given the opportunity to fight the choke.

Didn't even tap out or even pass out.

Had Chiesa actually went limp with the hands and body during the choke then then it would be legit.

While in the Herrig/Kish fight, Kish was locked in even worse by the rnc and that fight wasn't stopped prematurely.

Hell Kish had to resort to letting some shit out since she was getting squeezed up badly by Herrig

Yamasaki fucked up badly and Chiesa should be def appeal this fuck up and the fight should be a NC and Yamasaki should never ref on a main card again.

Back