why don't we just eliminate tapping then and leave it to referee discretion

Chiesa was using his chi to defend the choke, you could easily see he was setting up his vibrating palm technique and thats why he had both his hands by the sides of his 3rd eye as opposed to using his hands to fight the choke. 1-2 more seconds and Kevin Lee's heart would have exploded. I know this, Chiesa knows this, and Mario Kawasaki Ninja knows this.

I normally leave space between my sentences on sherdog because I know a lot of people here have terrible reading comprehension.

But, seriously, what part of "It was a shit stoppage" are you having trouble with?

Is it the part where it doesn't, even in the slightest sense, mean that I think that the stoppage was cool?
Speaking of reading comprehension...

The OP said the stoppage was not cool. You said the same. I therefore said you are repeating what the OP said, which you did.

Jesus Christ. Sherdog gonna sherdog.

if so many people think the lee/cheisa stop was cool then lets just get rid of tapping all together and leave it up to the refs....
i mean, fighter safety first right :rolleyes:

I think this is an overreaction. I think Yamasaki was clearly mistaken, but the gravity of that mistake is being overplayed a bit. The fight shouldn't be a NC and there's no need for an immediate rematch and Lee's win wasn't besmirched.

He whooped up on Chiesa and had the choke in very deep and had ample time to finish a choke that seemed close to putting Chiesa out. And Yamasaki should have watched for three more seconds and then Chiesa almost certainly would have tapped or gone out. Instead he fucked it up and the rules support him fucking it up, just like umps, refs, linesman, etc in every sport known to man fuck things up sometimes and still have their mistakes upheld.

No need to change the rules. No reason to change the official outcome. Just mock Ymamskai for being the clown he is and nurture deep hatred for the zebras like the rest of us do.
giphy.gif

oh, youre stating facts. gotcha

i missed that part. my bad

hafta rewatch the fight and see this finish
brb

Nope, just sharing what I've seen on here, as I stated in my first post. Most I've seen around here think the stoppage was early but didn't alter the fight outcome.

Those ppl are idiots. It was one of the worst stoppages I've ever seen. But, this is Sherdog.

There's nothing left to say.

If that was one of the worst stoppages you've ever seen, that's sad. Considering it wasn't that bad.

Stop changing the narrative. Nobody says it was cool. What most people are saying is that it shouldn't have been stopped, but he was not getting out of that choke, he stopped defending, and went limp. Unconsciousness was an eventuality.
It was a prediction. Doesn't make it so.

It was a prediction. Doesn't make it so.
Referees make "predictions" all the time in other positions and situations. A TKO is a "prediction." A stoppage before a guys arm breaks is a "prediction." The stoppage was awful, but this notion that Chiesa was robbed is ridiculous. Kevin lee was the one robbed of a submission.

Speaking of reading comprehension...

The OP said the stoppage was not cool. You said the same. I therefore said you are repeating what the OP said, which you did.

Jesus Christ. Sherdog gonna sherdog.

Nope. The OP said: IF people think it's cool, THEN let's get let's get rid of tapping.

I respond: it wasn't cool (i.e. no one thinks it's cool) And stop being stupid.

In what world is that a reaffirmation?

Nope, just sharing what I've seen on here, as I stated in my first post. Most I've seen around here think the stoppage was early but didn't alter the fight outcome.
so the majortiy "thinks" it didnt alter the outcome, but we will truly never know. there's a fact :)

you HAVE to give Cheisa the chance to tap there imo, big blunder by Mario.
rookie mistake by veteran ref

if so many people think the lee/cheisa stop was cool then lets just get rid of tapping all together and leave it up to the refs....
i mean, fighter safety first right :rolleyes:
980dX.gif

The ref would stop the fight before the leg lock was even locked in, because with this guy, if you have to tap, it's already too late.

really?
u really think i want tapping eliminated?

ffs.

im trying to make a point on the officiating in the ufc

no shit. I mean the fact that you made a sarcasm thread is something id expect from a 15-17 join date. come on son. you've been here since fedor fought Nog

no shit. I mean the fact that you made a sarcasm thread is something id expect from a 15-17 join date. come on son. you've been here since fedor fought Nog
lol. nope
sarcasm threads come from all years and all ages my friend, dont discriminate

Back