why does UFC owe Jose respect when Jose has no respect for the fans?

Your entire argument works for Conor's situation right now. There aren't a bunch of contenders for Conor to fight either. He has already beaten them which are Aldo and Holloway.
By that logic, McGregor had no business in a rematch with Diaz, either, after getting finished inside two rounds. But since we're not being deliberately obtuse, let's apply the understanding that MMA fighters can adapt and improve. Enter the difference in circumstances.

Holloway worked his way back up to a title shot-- it doesn't matter that McGregor is now holding the belt, he did the work and climbed the ladder. Holloway is a contender and the man holding the title should defend against him. Period. Edgar also worked his way back up and was deserving since before he lost to Aldo the second time. Meanwhile, if there were any real consistency, Aldo would've been granted an immediate shot, but I won't split hairs on that one-- but even then, he's now beaten the number three guy in the division and also earned it, not only by virtue of ranking but also the title he holds.

Meanwhile, McGregor, a healthy champion, is not defending. An interim title was created because he hasn't. That's literally holding up a division, as we now have his duties falling to that of the interim champion. In what realm is that not a unique set of circumstances?

I'll admit it, i only came into this thread to see how ts would explain his retarded claims. I wasn't disappointed.

Self obsessed & xenophobic post.
Yep, it's pretty wild to see in action. "This is an American org!"...which sounded good enough in his head when he was discussing a Brazilian, but 13 seconds later, failed to see that he's simultaneously cheering on an Irishman... oops.

The ignorance knows no bounds.

You are badly used to almost always have instant rematchs in UFC(who always does this when an instant rematch have a big money appeal) and the thruth that UFC haters and Pride widows don't tell is that instant rematchs were not so common in Pride, look at how many fighters Nog had to win to fight Fedor again after being completed smashed by him just like Aldo was by Mcgregor. Man this shit here is getting worse than the time Fedor started losing. The 13 sec brazilian boy fans, UFC haters and JMMA widows whine so much that it's unbearable the current environment here.

Last edited:
Please tell me how he is supposed to promote himself? Answer questions at a presser that no one watches? Its the UFCs job to promote fights. It is what they call themselves.
i agree. the ufc seems unable to actually create stars out of guys on a win streak. That's largely what makes conor so special to them though, since he does a lot of it himself. I think gsp also had a really good team behind him, plus he was good looking and french so he probably made himself a star like conor. Same with ronda, since she was owning people in strikeforce and society is really into women's accomplishments these days - dana just made a division for her.

The ufc is clearly extremely successful as a business, as seen by the roi the fertittas got when they sold, but they don;t seem to be the best at strictly promoting fighters.

Go reread the comment I was responding to. Income, buy rates and ACL injuries quite literally have nothing to do with anything I was discussing.

At the end of the day, there wasn't some backlog of contenders that Aldo was holding up, due to injury. As number one contenders emerged, he fought them and at one point he was repeating fights. Since McGregor has held the title, though, Aldo has been the one to knock off Edgar, leaving both he and Holloway waiting for a chance at the title, which is quite literally the definition of holding up a division. That's without touching on the other talking points concerning McGregor's lack of defenses, two (three booked) fights outside the division, and his foray into the LW division (which now also has challengers being held up).
The division isn't held up though, that's why they created an interim belt. You don't think they didn't know that after Diaz 2 that Conor was going to go back after what he originally intended which was the LW belt? Don't forget that Diaz 1 was originally scheduled to be the LW belt as well. So you give credit to Aldo for repeating fights when literally the two contenders you mentioned being Aldo and Max are also both repeats.

for real.

look at how everyone is shitting on you for this thread. if you made the same thread about Conor you'd be praised.

Everyone is shitting on this thread because your respect means shit.

So does mine
So does TS
So does every other fan

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/12/...-ariel-helwani-ronda-rousey-edmond-tarverdyan
Conor McGregor's coach: 'Fickle MMA fans' would have turned on him if Conor lost to Aldo

This is why your respect means shit to any of these fighters including your hero.

Bottom line Jose is really just pissed off about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that Conor is making.
He already had a red panty night already, you would think these bums would be grateful but they are so selfish they want another one.

not to mention he didn't really have that many fans in the first place. His PPV buys were awful.
*sigh*

Here's the thing about PPV numbers. PPV is really only a thing in North America. So Jose doesn't have a lot of fans from North America. He DOES have a shitload of fans in Brazil (which is in SOUTH America as most Americans don't have a fucking clue about geography beyond their own borders). So obviously, North American fighters tend to skew higher on PPV charts. Unless you're Conor and a real needle mover. But keep using that tired argument about PPV numbers being indicative of the number of fans a fighter may have. Cheers.

He is one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time and that's a fact. He is at fault as well as the UFC for not properly promoting him.

It doesn't matter at this point. Show him the respect he deserves. Pay him a bonus for being skipped over. Whatever amount seems appropriate. Call it a legacy bonus. Then give him the winner of Connor and Alvarez.

TS is a WWE person.
He seems to think PPV buys = success in the cage.
TS is also a virgin.

once he starts his own fight organization he can focus just on that. As long as he fights for the UFC, fans come first
Fans like you are the cancer in this "sport". You look at everything except what the fighters do in the octagon. Apart from ppv's, injuries or whatever else you want to pick on, Aldo was a top 5 champ in UFC history, but of course that doesn't mean anything to you.
GSP was the ppv king, but was not granted the Bisbing or Tyron fights and still gets shitted on by Dana and many fans so please don't use ppv numbers to justify anything

By that logic, McGregor had no business in a rematch with Diaz, either, after getting finished inside two rounds. But since we're not being deliberately obtuse, let's apply the understanding that MMA fighters can adapt and improve. Enter the difference in circumstances.

Holloway worked his way back up to a title shot-- it doesn't matter that McGregor is now holding the belt, he did the work and climbed the ladder. Holloway is a contender and the man holding the title should defend against him. Period. Edgar also worked his way back up and was deserving since before he lost to Aldo the second time. Meanwhile, if there were any real consistency, Aldo would've been granted an immediate shot, but I won't split hairs on that one-- but even then, he's now beaten the number three guy in the division and also earned it, not only by virtue of ranking but also the title he holds.

Meanwhile, McGregor, a healthy champion, is not defending. An interim title was created because he hasn't. That's literally holding up a division, as we now have his duties falling to that of the interim champion. In what realm is that not a unique set of circumstances?

Aldo arguably lost that fight to Frankie. You think the UFC is going to reward a guy who lost in 13 seconds and then back pedaled the entire time in his next fight? Lol!

And you compare one win after losing to Holloway winning 9 in a row? Do you know math?

Conor doesn't have any worthy fights for him at 145. They all need to keep fighting each other until a worthy contender shows up.

The division isn't held up though, that's why they created an interim belt.
Except, this falls outside of any previously understood precedent in the history of the company. You set up an interim champion when your actual champion can't fight over an extended period of time. Here, it's been set up to appease available contenders when faced with a champion who chooses not to defend, for reasons.

By your argument, McGregor serves no functional purpose as champ, other than to parade the belt.

So you give credit to Aldo for repeating fights when literally the two contenders you mentioned being Aldo and Max are also both repeats.
I didn't give Aldo credit for "repeating fights", you made that up. I made the claim that he wasn't holding up a division, by virtue of having already defeated the contenders, as champion, at which point he was now repeating defenses. That's what happens when you reign and defend long enough.

To your point, if McGregor can fight Diaz back-to-back after being finished, then there's little justification for why he can't defend at FW, whether the fight is new (Edgar at the time) or a repeat (Aldo or Holloway), especially now that he owns gold. One way or another, he's effectively holding up the division and relying on the interim champion to do the actual champs work.

But if Aldo keeps winning, McGregor never has to fight ever again, right!? ...or something.

He is one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time and that's a fact. He is at fault as well as the UFC for not properly promoting him.

It doesn't matter at this point. Show him the respect he deserves. Pay him a bonus for being skipped over. Whatever amount seems appropriate. Call it a legacy bonus. Then give him the winner of Connor and Alvarez.

So now the UFC is supposed to give him "free money" even after he refused to take a fight? LoL!

Man, Aldo fans are the biggest pussies I've seen ever on these forums.

Conor Bless.

<17>

Back