Why does the UFC bother keeping USADA?

Okay I'm sick of this when was the UFC a company that gave a flying fuck about legitimacy. Was it in the 1990s when they suspended Tank Abbott quote on quote. Or maybe it's when kimo walked out with a cross on his shoulders like he was crucified like Jesus Christ? Maybe it was When They begged Ken Shamrock to come back to save the company in 2002 against Tito Ortiz because nobody could draw a damn dime. And that was a bigger a pro-wrestling angle than DC Brock Lesnar. Maybe it was when they fired Matt lindland even
though he was the best fighter on the planet in his weight division
Maybe just maybe it was when Tito Ortiz and Dana White ware going to have a professional boxing match that was actually sanctioned by the Nevada State athletic Commission.
Maybe it was before that when the UFC got rid of a whole division AKA 155 lb for years on the end. Maybe it was in BJ Penn walked out of the company because they didn't pay him enough just like Jens Pulver I did a couple years before him. Then Randy Couture would do the same thing after.
Maybe it was when they covered up the fact that Vitor Belfort was Juiced to the gills against of Jon Jones and did nothing about it even though they knew for a fact that he was.
Know what I can do this All goddamn day the UFC was never a company that gave a damn about that type of stuff I don't know how people thought they ever did they've been pretty clear about it for the past 25 years under Every ownership.
And yes they have all these played favorites just look at Ken Shamrock they stopped at nothing to get a title around his waist and they did the same thing with Conor McGregor 20 years after that.
I'm sick of hearing about how they gave a damn about this type of stuff when they never did what have you been watching.

Tell Papa Dana to stop running his mouth about UFC being a sport then and there won't be a problem

Okay I'm sick of this when was the UFC a company that gave a flying fuck about legitimacy. Was it in the 1990s when they suspended Tank Abbott quote on quote. Or maybe it's when kimo walked out with a cross on his shoulders like he was crucified like Jesus Christ? Maybe it was When They begged Ken Shamrock to come back to save the company in 2002 against Tito Ortiz because nobody could draw a damn dime. And that was a bigger a pro-wrestling angle than DC Brock Lesnar. Maybe it was when they fired Matt lindland even
though he was the best fighter on the planet in his weight division
Maybe just maybe it was when Tito Ortiz and Dana White ware going to have a professional boxing match that was actually sanctioned by the Nevada State athletic Commission.
Maybe it was before that when the UFC got rid of a whole division AKA 155 lb for years on the end. Maybe it was in BJ Penn walked out of the company because they didn't pay him enough just like Jens Pulver I did a couple years before him. Then Randy Couture would do the same thing after.
Maybe it was when they covered up the fact that Vitor Belfort was Juiced to the gills against of Jon Jones and did nothing about it even though they knew for a fact that he was.
Know what I can do this All goddamn day the UFC was never a company that gave a damn about that type of stuff I don't know how people thought they ever did they've been pretty clear about it for the past 25 years under Every ownership.
And yes they have all these played favorites just look at Ken Shamrock they stopped at nothing to get a title around his waist and they did the same thing with Conor McGregor 20 years after that.
I'm sick of hearing about how they gave a damn about this type of stuff when they never did what have you been watching.

I never said they ever were completely legit, but at least back then the deserved people fought each other. I also didn't say the UFC gives a damn, it's the fans that will turn if everything about the UFC loses credibility.

You're acting like I personally attacked you or something. Jesus, dude...relax. Also, your lack of the proper punctuation on your questions just makes that a hard read altogether.

Name one other incident in combat sports history where a fighter got a title shot after not having a single win in the past 8 years, was coming off of 2 losses, and had a PED violation and suspension due to his last fight.

You can't. There's been plenty of mismatch title fights in boxing, but pretty much every one of the challengers was on winning streaks and active during the time of the bout.

Brock is an extreme situation that you can't compare.

Tate received a title shot after a loss
Chael received a title shot after a loss in a different weight class.
Brock received a shot with a 1-1 record

All under Lorenzo

EDIT:
22 Fighters Who Got UFC Title Shots Coming off a Loss
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1657723-21-fighters-who-got-ufc-title-shots-coming-off-a-loss
That was in 2013

Making fights purely for commercial success is the issue & it is not a new one

Tell Papa Dana to stop running his mouth about UFC being a sport then and there won't be a problem

Its the exact definition of one

-

sport
spôrt/
noun
noun: sport; plural noun: sports
an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Brock is an extreme situation that you can't compare.

Tate received a title shot after a loss
Chael received a title shot after a loss in a different weight class.
Brock received a shot with a 1-1 record

All under Lorenzo

EDIT:
22 Fighters Who Got UFC Title Shots Coming off a Loss
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1657723-21-fighters-who-got-ufc-title-shots-coming-off-a-loss
That was in 2013

Making fights purely for commercial success is the issue & it is not a new one

You mentioned that this has been happening in combat sports since the beginning. That's not true. Not to this extent.

And alot of the fighters on that list you posted had lost in other organizations during the early years of MMA when people wouldn't know any better.

Edit: After reading more from this list, I would say 50% of these are understandable fights that came about due to injury or some other nonsense like Dan Henderson's title unification against Anderson Silva

There has never been a less deserved title fight in the history of combat sports than Lesnar/DC

Its the exact definition of one

-

sport
spôrt/
noun
noun: sport; plural noun: sports
an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

It ceases to be a competition when inactive ex champions are allowed to jump to front after failing to record a win in 8 years

It ceases to be a competition when inactive ex champions are allowed to jump to front after failing to record a win in 8 years

Nope

com·pe·ti·tion
ˌkämpəˈtiSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: competition
the activity or condition of competing.

There has never been a less deserved title fight in the history of combat sports than Lesnar/DC

Maybe that is correct
But the idea that making fights purely for commercial profit (including title fights) is anything new or shocking is crazy

I hate that 2nd, 3rd & 4th place teams make playoffs in team sports. Where in the past it was only first place teams.
That devalues the regular season.
But I understand sports are about getting the entertainment dollar before anything.

Its asinine that the NL plays the AL in regular season MLB, but they did it to make money off of rivalries like Yanks/Mets.

Prize Fighting is & always will be about the "prize" first.

I'm offline a bit @welcometohavoc
Nice going back/forth with ya
Have a good night

Sorry for an uneducated post- hope someone can enlighten me.. I seriously dont follow sports other than MMA
what do the other professional sports have going on? NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB do they not do testing as well? USADA or??
Does UFC have the most strict testing out of all professional sports? If not- is testing ruining other sports too?

Sorry for an uneducated post- hope someone can enlighten me.. I seriously dont follow sports other than MMA
what do the other professional sports have going on? NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB do they not do testing as well? USADA or??
Does UFC have the most strict testing out of all professional sports? If not- is testing ruining other sports too?
They don't use USADA. They have 'testing' in place, whose conditions are negotiated with players' unions and those typically don't include unannounced tests. Punishments are also way way shorter than under USADA policy.

If you can't handle the heat, then get out of the playing field. If Dana White wants to get rid of drug testing, then that makes him look like a coward.

Point being if the UFC is going to overstep usada what's the point in acting like they have any real power?

USADA has mandatory time you must be in the testing pool before your allowed to
Fight but Brock was able to skip by for some magical reason to save a PPV lol.
Ffs this was covered ad nauseum at the time.

The UFC have a clause in the rules clearly stating that the 4 month testing period can be waived to make short notice fights with fighters not currently on their roster.

They probably delayed announcing the fight to abuse this clause but the clause is there for a good reason.

It is really very simple.

Name one other incident in combat sports history where a fighter got a title shot after not having a single win in the past 8 years, was coming off of 2 losses, and had a PED violation and suspension due to his last fight.

You can't. There's been plenty of mismatch title fights in boxing, but pretty much every one of the challengers was on winning streaks and active during the time of the bout.

I think you have to do that sometimes, but then theres fedor, who made a lot of money without delivering this shit.

But what they are doing now is just way too much.

Ffs this was covered ad nauseum at the time.

The UFC have a clause in the rules clearly stating that the 4 month testing period can be waived to make short notice fights with fighters not currently on their roster.

They probably delayed announcing the fight to abuse this clause but the clause is there for a good reason.

It is really very simple.

This
Also as I stated earlier ITT, if Brock was in UFC when the had USADA (before he retired) he could not have had the exemption.
He was out years before USADA

Was it a loophole?
Yes, but he passed 6 test prior to his failure (that month).

but I remember Mark Hunt saying it didn't matter if Brock was hot, he would KO him anyway

Of course we all know how that tune changed

Because eventually someone will die in the octagon, then the UFC can pull the "but we do extensive drug testing " card
100%

Without that threat hanging over them USADA would not be involved in the UFC.

I mean if Brock is getting a title shot off of a suspension, why bother keeping it? They clearly don't take it seriously, if they give fighters title opportunities after failing tests, what other organization rewards people for failing tests? I know they do it for the money, but why keep USADA then cuz USADA will just keep suspending fighters they wanna make money with like Brock and Jones, so just get rid of it if they wanna act like that.

Either take it seriously and punish fighters properly or get rid of it and make the fights they want to make, because it kinda makes the UFC look more of a joke acting in both ways instead of one.

What do you think?

I think you should not generalize based on extreme outliers. People like Brock or JJ aren't representative of average UFC fighters at all.

Fuck USADA. They are taking away all the beastly fighters one by one. I watch this sport for entertainment and if I get the dad bod Vitor throwing one punch a round instead of a hulking beast knocking fools out with head kicks, then what is the point of watching it anymore? I hope USADA fucks off soon.

Because the UFC want to be a 'legitimate sport'.

But the truth is they never will be, because the majority of their named fighters can't quit roiding.

The UFC should have drug testing but not this Nazi USADA shit. I mean, go to a GNC or Vitamin world.... a lot of supplements have shit in them, that aren't listed but will show up on a USADA test. Imagine if somehow Brock beats DC, then his samples show up afterwards and he was hot. Then we have a vacant HW Title. UFC should be more like Bellator on their drug testing. Also, EVERY sport has athletes doping.... lets not pretend its out of the norm.

Back