Why does the UFC bother keeping USADA?

LLD2008

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I mean if Brock is getting a title shot off of a suspension, why bother keeping it? They clearly don't take it seriously, if they give fighters title opportunities after failing tests, what other organization rewards people for failing tests? I know they do it for the money, but why keep USADA then cuz USADA will just keep suspending fighters they wanna make money with like Brock and Jones, so just get rid of it if they wanna act like that.

Either take it seriously and punish fighters properly or get rid of it and make the fights they want to make, because it kinda makes the UFC look more of a joke acting in both ways instead of one.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Because it makes it look like the UFC gives a damn about fighter safety and health.

Because eventually someone will die in the octagon, then the UFC can pull the "but we do extensive drug testing " card

now they can't just get rid of it. the biggest scumbag move of dana and lorenzo

At this point they're kind of stuck with USADA or similar type testing. They can't get rid of it now. They're already losing legitimacy with the era of money match ups made over merit match ups. They can't afford to lose any more legitimacy in this stage of the game.

I mean if Brock is getting a title shot off of a suspension, why bother keeping it? They clearly don't take it seriously, if they give fighters title opportunities after failing tests, what other organization rewards people for failing tests? I know they do it for the money, but why keep USADA then cuz USADA will just keep suspending fighters they wanna make money with like Brock and Jones, so just rid of it if they wanna act like that.

Either take it seriously and punish fighters properly or get rid of it and make the fights they want to make, because it kinda makes the UFC look more of a joke acting in both ways instead of one.

What do you think?

they keep the cheaters out of it. jon jones out until 2021 and if brock trys to cheat again he get busted and his ufc career is over.

if cheaters are gone try and risk taking peds than usada will bust them for it.

I was all for USADA and strict drug testing( even bashing some GOATS ), but I realized I was being a pussy and think it needs to go now.

keep up the facade that they're not WWE's real life twin.

Because it makes it look like the UFC gives a damn about fighter safety and health.
ding ding ding! we have a winner! Dana always talking from his pedestal how he wants a clean sport, yet here comes a huge money fight with Brock and DC, and he doesn't even hesitate to have that fighter .

They didn’t think it through. Now they are stuck..

They need to have USADA because of TV deals and acceptance across the world. MMA is prejudiced as a sport but a more strict doping control system makes it look clean and more serious.

they keep the cheaters out of it. jon jones out until 2021 and if brock trys to cheat again he get busted and his ufc career is over.

if cheaters are gone try and risk taking peds than usada will bust them for it.

Wouldn't that be nice if that were true?

Brock hasn't won a fight since 2010,pisses hot and goes to WWE then gets a title shot???

UFC helped him skip mandatory entry into the testing pool they knew he was dirty.They helped vitor cheat too.Facts are USADA catches a very small percentage of cheaters especially with micro dosing becoming more prevalent.Like OP said they are basically rewarding brock for cheating.

I mean if Brock is getting a title shot off of a suspension, why bother keeping it? They clearly don't take it seriously, if they give fighters title opportunities after failing tests, what other organization rewards people for failing tests? I know they do it for the money, but why keep USADA then cuz USADA will just keep suspending fighters they wanna make money with like Brock and Jones, so just rid of it if they wanna act like that.

What do you think?

The UFC owners and Dana are sleazy weasels. USADA serve many purposes for them:

1. Make the UFC appear in the public eyes that they care about the sport being "clean" (when it's not)

2. Use the failed tests as bargaining chips when doing contract re-negotiations with fighters and their managers.

3. Selectively give an advantage to certain fighters they want to do well (e.g. Conor, Ronda, Brock, etc.), by giving them testing exemption (Brock), pulling them from the testing pool (Conor, Brock).

Because eventually someone will die in the octagon, then the UFC can pull the "but we do extensive drug testing " card
I doubt it at this point. If you believe in God, than that dude loves Ufc. I'm surprised myself Frankie hasn't died yet.

At this point they're kind of stuck with USADA or similar type testing. They can't get rid of it now. They're already losing legitimacy with the era of money match ups made over merit match ups. They can't afford to lose any more legitimacy in this stage of the game.
Pretty much this. Once they start drug testing independently it would look very shady if they jus stopped and let the commissions test again

Wouldn't that be nice if that were true?

Brock hasn't won a fight since 2010,pisses hot and goes to WWE then gets a title shot???

UFC helped him skip mandatory entry into the testing pool they knew he was dirty.They helped vitor cheat too.Facts are USADA catches a very small percentage of cheaters especially with micro dosing becoming more prevalent.Like OP said they are basically rewarding brock for cheating.

usada caught brock and he got hammered for it. sid u get this mad when it happened to jon jones already 2.

usada caught brock and he got hammered for it. sid u get this mad when it happened to jon jones already 2.

No they didn't....

He gave up some money but still made millions and got suspended which meant ABSOLUTELY nothing because he was planning on going back to WWE anyway it was a one off fight.

So he got a slap on the wrist made a fat chunk of money and now gets a title shot like nothing ever happened.......wow sure hammered him LMFAO.

USADA is a joke

No they didn't....

He gave up some money but still made millions and got suspended which meant ABSOLUTELY nothing because he was planning on going back to WWE anyway it was a one off fight.

So he got a slap on the wrist made a fat chunk of money and now gets a title shot like nothing ever happened.......wow sure hammered him LMFAO.

USADA is a joke

he got the same slap on the wrist that jon jones got for his dick pills.

yes there nothing stopping brock from the day off ufc what event he fights dc like what jon jones before ufc 214.

usada job is to find the cheaters and there doing that. if brock doesn't test clean he wont fight in ufc ever again and have to crawl abck to wwe.

Back