Why does the UFC bother keeping USADA?

No they didn't....

He gave up some money but still made millions and got suspended which meant ABSOLUTELY nothing because he was planning on going back to WWE anyway it was a one off fight.

So he got a slap on the wrist made a fat chunk of money and now gets a title shot like nothing ever happened.......wow sure hammered him LMFAO.

USADA is a joke

What you described is on UFC not USADA
UFC rewarding a guy a title shot off a suspension has nothing to do with USADA

That is a UFC call.
Brock was suspended & fined. That is all USADA can do.

But none of this should be a surprise in Prize Fighting

he got the same slap on the wrist that jon jones got for his dick pills.

yes there nothing stopping brock from the day off ufc what event he fights dc like what jon jones before ufc 214.

usada job is to find the cheaters and there doing that. if brock doesn't test clean he wont fight in ufc ever again and have to crawl abck to wwe.

Your English is confusing but your wrong.

Jones suspension is more serious he was champ and planning on still fighting in the peak of his career.....lesnar is old as fuck and was only fighting for one fight.

Your leaving out the fact the UFC and usada let Brock skip the mandatory amount of time in the testing pool before he was allowed to fight.

They knew he was juicing let him fight and did shit afterward.he is now in line for the title over other real contenders.....usada is BS

What you described is on UFC not USADA
UFC rewarding a guy a title shot off a suspension has nothing to do with USADA

That is a UFC call.
Brock was suspended & fined. That is all USADA can do.

But none of this should be a surprise in Prize Fighting

Point being if the UFC is going to overstep usada what's the point in acting like they have any real power?

USADA has mandatory time you must be in the testing pool before your allowed to
Fight but Brock was able to skip by for some magical reason to save a PPV lol.

Point being if the UFC is going to overstep usada what's the point in acting like they have any real power?

USADA has mandatory time you must be in the testing pool before your allowed to
Fight but Brock was able to skip by for some magical reason to save a PPV lol.

Brock was not in UFC when USADA was installed, so he was able to skip the 4 month window.
he passed 6 test prior to UFC 200.

He is serving full sentence this time

Its on UFC, not USADA & there is no over-stepping
USADA never said Brock couldn't return & get a title shot.

They are just paid to test & give suspensions

It's Brock Lesnar. That dude and maybe one other guy they bend the rules for because they bring in 1,000,000 + ppv buys. These people can get title shot after title shot.

Fans and fighters crying about dirty fighters got us here, can’t dump it now.

To attract wide publicity as well as establish a good image for the organization.

Your English is confusing but your wrong.

Jones suspension is more serious he was champ and planning on still fighting in the peak of his career.....lesnar is old as fuck and was only fighting for one fight.

Your leaving out the fact the UFC and usada let Brock skip the mandatory amount of time in the testing pool before he was allowed to fight.

They knew he was juicing let him fight and did shit afterward.he is now in line for the title over other real contenders.....usada is BS

after brock fucked every one there now that 6 month rule.

Before USADA, Dana was out making a fool of himself plugging how the UFC tests adequately. When a tipping point was reached where they would just look like too much of a joke to not do more testing, they had to go to USADA. There is no going back, especially with a lot of idiot fighters STILL coming up positive. It would really make them look like an amateur org to stop now, and they can't afford that image.

Wonder if after the contract is up if they ditch it now that UFC's been sold.

But it will be funny to see the mma media flip flop again.

Goes from

UFC needs more testing, Dana saying we are tested by the gov is a joke, TRT is shit, Vitor fighting in Brazil. UFC has to do more.

Then its why do we need more testing, its unfair to the fighters, they never agreed to all these demands. We are losing fights, big stars, fighters careers are being hurt.

UFC will then get rid of it and it will be OMG the UFC is a joke, how can they go backwards in terms of testing. They are WWE and only care about money and not the integrity of the sport etc.

I think they need to live closer to the edge and toss them, or better yet never have gotten them involved in the first place. People won't care what measures they've taken when the inevitable happens.
Of course, they did cash-out huge so what do I know. I suppose that was their endgame.
Either way, anything to get more and better fights happening I'm in favor of. USADA is fucking up the sport.

UFC had discretionary waivers too and the hidden test or not list, so "seems shady".

They could get rid of USADA quietly....without anyone knowing.

(is that even possible?)

At this point they're kind of stuck with USADA or similar type testing. They can't get rid of it now. They're already losing legitimacy with the era of money match ups made over merit match ups. They can't afford to lose any more legitimacy in this stage of the game.
Okay I'm sick of this when was the UFC a company that gave a flying fuck about legitimacy. Was it in the 1990s when they suspended Tank Abbott quote on quote. Or maybe it's when kimo walked out with a cross on his shoulders like he was crucified like Jesus Christ? Maybe it was When They begged Ken Shamrock to come back to save the company in 2002 against Tito Ortiz because nobody could draw a damn dime. And that was a bigger a pro-wrestling angle than DC Brock Lesnar. Maybe it was when they fired Matt lindland even
though he was the best fighter on the planet in his weight division
Maybe just maybe it was when Tito Ortiz and Dana White ware going to have a professional boxing match that was actually sanctioned by the Nevada State athletic Commission.
Maybe it was before that when the UFC got rid of a whole division AKA 155 lb for years on the end. Maybe it was in BJ Penn walked out of the company because they didn't pay him enough just like Jens Pulver I did a couple years before him. Then Randy Couture would do the same thing after.
Maybe it was when they covered up the fact that Vitor Belfort was Juiced to the gills against of Jon Jones and did nothing about it even though they knew for a fact that he was.
Know what I can do this All goddamn day the UFC was never a company that gave a damn about that type of stuff I don't know how people thought they ever did they've been pretty clear about it for the past 25 years under Every ownership.
And yes they have all these played favorites just look at Ken Shamrock they stopped at nothing to get a title around his waist and they did the same thing with Conor McGregor 20 years after that.
I'm sick of hearing about how they gave a damn about this type of stuff when they never did what have you been watching.

I'm sick of hearing about how they gave a damn about this type of stuff when they never did what have you been watching.

I had this convo with someone on another board.
They think the past was different than it actually was.
Both Chael & Jeremy Botter recently did vids/audio on how fans are insane if they don't think the combat sports has always been this way.

Brock was not in UFC when USADA was installed, so he was able to skip the 4 month window.
he passed 6 test prior to UFC 200.

He is serving full sentence this time

Its on UFC, not USADA & there is no over-stepping
USADA never said Brock couldn't return & get a title shot.

They are just paid to test & give suspensions

That makes absolutely no sense!

The UFC announced the partnership with USADA since June 2015.
(https://mmajunkie.com/2015/06/ufc-c...details-of-out-of-competition-testing-program)

Brock signed the contract with the UFC in June 2016.

By this time, USADA has already actively testing fighters. Brock was given an exemption from testing based on a "special rule" written by the UFC themselves:

“UFC may grant an exemption to the four-month written notice rule in exceptional circumstances or where the strict application of that rule would be manifestly unfair to an Athlete,” the policy states.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Brock-Lesnar-Receives-USADA-Exemption-to-Compete-at-UFC-200-106115

So basically, the UFC let him juiced his ass off, and only started testing him one month prior to the fight. This gave him a significant advantage in that cycling off for 1 month is less detrimental than cycling off for 4 months.

I mean if Brock is getting a title shot off of a suspension, why bother keeping it? They clearly don't take it seriously, if they give fighters title opportunities after failing tests, what other organization rewards people for failing tests? I know they do it for the money, but why keep USADA then cuz USADA will just keep suspending fighters they wanna make money with like Brock and Jones, so just get rid of it if they wanna act like that.

Either take it seriously and punish fighters properly or get rid of it and make the fights they want to make, because it kinda makes the UFC look more of a joke acting in both ways instead of one.

What do you think?

People still buy iphones even though Apple is on record admitting they update older iPhone software to use more battery life so you're forced to upgrade

People will tolerate almost anything

I had this convo with someone on another board.
They think the past was different than it actually was.
Both Chael & Jeremy Botter recently did vids/audio on how fans are insane if they don't think the combat sports has always been this way.

Name one other incident in combat sports history where a fighter got a title shot after not having a single win in the past 8 years, was coming off of 2 losses, and had a PED violation and suspension due to his last fight.

You can't. There's been plenty of mismatch title fights in boxing, but pretty much every one of the challengers was on winning streaks and active during the time of the bout.

Back