Why does the UFC bother keeping USADA?

They like to pretend that they are close to a professional sport. They also keep rankings around even though they don't seem to matter a lot of the time.

Brock has been caught. The circumstances of him getting caught are bullshit considering his exemption.

He's still a massive draw and athletically gifted. This is prize fighting these kinds of matches will happen. Even knowing the above I'm still interested in seeing this fight. I think Cormier is gonna kill him. Fighting isnt WWE sports entertainment but the circus is as much a part of the fight game as anything else its both sports and entertainment.

Plus how nuts would it be if Brock doesnt test hot and beats Cormier. Its pure gold

Its owners want to say its a sport, so there are all kinds of rules, rankings, Usada, although what really matters is to put the most profitable show out there, despite all the shit we (fans, who pay for it) have to take. Shitty matchups, fighters allowed to pick /refuse fights, rankings completely ignored for the sake of audience.
UFC in pre WWE status

LOL. USADA is a company providing a service. UFC can tell them to pound sand whenever.

Its owners want to say its a sport, so there are all kinds of rules, rankings, Usada, although what really matters is to put the most profitable show out there, despite all the shit we (fans, who pay for it) have to take. Shitty matchups, fighters allowed to pick /refuse fights, rankings completely ignored for the sake of audience.
UFC in pre WWE status

Combat sports have binary models. Ammy stuff either becomes like boxing or pro wrestling when it "grows up" if it wants to be a profit generating business.

Combat sports have binary models. Ammy stuff either becomes like boxing or pro wrestling when it "grows up" if it wants to be a profit generating business.
They decide the route they want to take. Maybe there is more money in the WWE route, but there is certainly money in the sports route. Ufc started as a sport. Its on dana and his partners the shit it became.

They decide the route they want to take. Maybe there is more money in the WWE route, but there is certainly money in the sports route. Ufc started as a sport. Its on dana and his partners the shit it became.

When did the UFC start as a sport?

The UFC should have drug testing but not this Nazi USADA shit. I mean, go to a GNC or Vitamin world.... a lot of supplements have shit in them, that aren't listed but will show up on a USADA test. Imagine if somehow Brock beats DC, then his samples show up afterwards and he was hot. Then we have a vacant HW Title. UFC should be more like Bellator on their drug testing. Also, EVERY sport has athletes doping.... lets not pretend its out of the norm.

It may be the norm but in other sports you do not see fans calling for a stop on anti-doping tests.

This culture where people confuse sport and entertainment is what ultimately prevents MMA from being a legitimate sport.

The Fertittas already got their money, it's up to the UFC now to figure out a way to phase out USADA.

It's not gonna be easy but I think it can be done.

When did the UFC start as a sport?
Its early days were promising. It peaked at some point, then started declining.hard to say exactly when, its a series of bad decisions and much likely lack of big draws.
Some of the bad decisions: TRT ban and usada in general.
Hard for older fighters (not by coincidence bigger names, history) to keep up high level.
A lot of our legends could still be fighting.
I mean, its kinda of a contradiction: all rules and shenanigans, and fighters pick/duck fights. Much easier: flex anti ped rules, or just ban them.

Brock hasn't won a fight since 2010,pisses hot and goes to WWE then gets a title shot???

You can't put this on the UFC.. This is because fucktard fans will pay for it.. the UFC wants to make money and this is what fans will pay for.

I was all for USADA and strict drug testing( even bashing some GOATS ), but I realized I was being a pussy and think it needs to go now.

USADA is great in theory. The problem is anyone but the most delusional know there is corruption like with Brock's exemption last time he came back. There is also the fact that users are always ahead of the testing so it becomes a game within a game. Only the stupid or irresponsible users are getting caught. It's still too easy to beat.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/...l-easy-to-beat-drug-tests-even-now-with-usada

Bad publicity from allegations from fighters that everybody was juicing. They had to do something or the media was just gonna keep bringing up the juicing claims and scandals.

I never said they ever were completely legit, but at least back then the deserved people fought each other. I also didn't say the UFC gives a damn, it's the fans that will turn if everything about the UFC loses credibility.

You're acting like I personally attacked you or something. Jesus, dude...relax. Also, your lack of the proper punctuation on your questions just makes that a hard read altogether.

My apologies I came off that dude I'm just sick of people acting like the circus is not the circus.

It’s for the “poor” juicers i guess.

No they didn't....

He gave up some money but still made millions and got suspended which meant ABSOLUTELY nothing because he was planning on going back to WWE anyway it was a one off fight.

So he got a slap on the wrist made a fat chunk of money and now gets a title shot like nothing ever happened.......wow sure hammered him LMFAO.

USADA is a joke

Ufc is giving the title shot not usada and from the words of cormier..it looks like brock is going to be going through the ringer testing wise...which he should..u cheat u should be fucking tested every other day or every week leading into ur next fight.. Cormier wants to fight a clean brock..i hope he does..

UFC is to blame for match up not USADA ...usada is the only thing that can actually stop it at this point...

Brocks hole career is full of bullshit opportunities...

He came to ufc lost

Then he beats heath herring whos a can..and wasnt a top 10 fighter at the time..and show how gets a shot a randys belt...

Then lands the luckiest punch and wins the belt after arguably getting his ass beat by the much smaller randy..brock even cheated in the fight grabbing the cage so randy couldnt slammed him..if randy got that takedown he probably would of stopped no ground game brock..

Then avenges the loss to mir..but instead of doing a rubber match he faces shane carwin and is saved by refs in the first when it should been stopped..and he submits a gassed carwin in the second..

And finally he gets whats coming to him in the form of cain and overeem...

Finally comes back roided up and beats mark hunt gets busted...

And here we r..so based on his ufc career...this is normal

Brock was supposedly tested before the fight where he pissed hot too.....

He's going to be juiced r eguardless it's another one off fight he's still contracted by the WWE.

because they can keep up appearances that they give a shit, while secretly bending the rules and letting certain guys avoid testing or get through loopholes.

Back