Why do you think triple g will be a tough matchup for Canelo?

the only thing foolish is believing that a prime top 160 like martin murray could not beat 154 canelo who had failed to dominate any top 154, he himself being dominated by floyd, and only scoring one single kd in 48 rounds against those top jms

its pretty stupid to think otherwise
Pretty much this, Canelo is a can and overrated , like @quincy k says a prime Murray would dominate Canelo .. wait nevermind @quincy k doesn't remember saying it..

Anyway like he was saying if any boxer can withstand Canelo's overrated power they win become that's the only way Canelo can win or any boxer for that matter .

Just curious @quincy k how do you see ggg vs Canelo going down ?

GGG has ko'd or knocked down every opponent he's faced and has never been down as a pro himself.

GGG has 300+ amateur fights

He's naturally the bigger man and harder puncher.

It's should be very interesting but I favor GGG the same way Vegas does.
That's the same way I feel GGG should be the heavy favorite but I don't understand why so many pros trainers , fighters and industry insiders are picking Canelo to win

the only thing foolish is believing that a prime top 160 like martin murray could not beat 154 canelo who had failed to dominate any top 154, he himself being dominated by floyd, and only scoring one single kd in 48 rounds against those top jms

its pretty stupid to think otherwise
Ok, continue making yourself look like an idiot.

Pretty much this, Canelo is a can and overrated , like @quincy k says a prime Murray would dominate Canelo .. wait nevermind @quincy k doesn't remember saying it..

Anyway like he was saying if any boxer can withstand Canelo's overrated power they win become that's the only way Canelo can win or any boxer for that matter .

Just curious @quincy k how do you see ggg vs Canelo going down ?

if the golovkin that fought murray still exists(the abililty to throw 1000 punches a fight), which i think he does, alvarez loses 9-3 or 10-4. he goal will be to survive the 12 rounds sometim after the sixth round when it will be obvious that golovkin is on a different level as a 160 as opposed to a 154

canelo is not a can. hes just completely unproven at 160 and has done nothing at 154 to suggest that he will have success at 160 where in the last 10 or even 15 years its hard to find 154s that successfully moved up and did well at mw. imo, canelo relies on his size and strength and that will be negated at 160

Ok, continue making yourself look like an idiot.

so you have nothing to add to the conversation regarding that fact that canelo has faced four top 154s and has faliled to dominate either of them and that a prime proven 160 like martin murray could not beat canelo?

okay

That's the same way I feel GGG should be the heavy favorite but I don't understand why so many pros trainers , fighters and industry insiders are picking Canelo to win

All hype bro imo. De la Hoya could of made this happen a while back but he knew Alverez wasn't ready. At this point it should at least be interesting.

You know all industries are cliqued up so they support each other even when they know defeat is likely. You may hear Floyd pick Canelo but thats because they fought each other and so on.

And at this point I feel like today's experts often times do not know what they are talking about.

so you have nothing to add to the conversation regarding that fact that canelo has faced four top 154s and has faliled to dominate either of them and that a prime proven 160 like martin murray could not beat canelo?

okay
Unless you're talking about a Martin Murray I've never seen I think you're high.

I think golovkins jab is going to cause a lot of problems for canelo , both of them have really good chins. Ggg defense is a bit underrated

I slightly favor Canelo but Golovkin definitely has a lot going for him.

Golovkin has height and reach advantages, and a bigger frame.

Golovkin is an expert at cutting off the ring, and Canelo isn't too light on his feet. He gets outmaneuvered and pressed pretty often.

On top of that, Golovkin is an extremely hard puncher. That's at 160, where Canelo hasn't fought any real competition.

So many people are thinking Golovkin imposes himself and beats up on Canelo like nobody ever has.

My thinking is that Golovkin is too easy to hit and that Canelo is sharper in the exchanges and will win. But I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Golovkin take it.

Golovkin also has a kryptonite chin, and Canelo's not the hardest puncher in the game

Canelo could win on points if GGG doesn't knock him out before decision time

https://www.ringtv.com/462653-canelo-face-rosado-monroe-winner-saunders-december/

so much for canelo wanting to fight willie monroe jr, (you know the guy you said canelo would knock his head off into the second row), argubaly a bigger and better version of austin trout that canelo could not dominate

the only comedy here is you not following boxing as much as you think you do

At the same time, Gomez also pegged the winner of Gabriel Rosado’s middleweight fight with Willie Monroe Jr. on the Canelo-Smith Sept. 17 undercard, as another candidate to face Alvarez next. So as it stands, Saunders and the winner of Rosado-Monroe appear to be the leading candidates for Canelo’s final fight of 2016.

“The big prize is Canelo,” Gomez said on a conference call on Monday to hype the Sept. 17 undercard at AT&T Stadium on HBO PPV. “The winner of (Rosado-Monroe) could very well be fighting Canelo in December.”
Who in the flying fuck thinks highly of Monroe?

Sure man. Note that Im not the one the entire forum is disagreeing with.

Sure man. Note that Im not the one the entire forum is disagreeing with.

the entire forum?

or do you mean you and a couple of your anti golovkin buddies?

its funny to see guys like you jump from danny to canelo just in the hopes of seeing golovkin lose

like it means something in your life

the entire forum?

its funny to see guys like you jump from danny to canelo just in the hopes of seeing golovkin lose

You have people saying that dont like Canelo and are Golovkin fans saying youre an idiot but sure man.

Timing. Canelo will be barrelling into this fight with a full head of steam (string of wins), much to prove (being called a duck), and a confidence that is retard strong (feels he can compete at 160+ after taking apart such a big guy in Chavez Jr.). Golovkin, in the eyes of some, might be slipping. Mid-thirties is when fighters naturally start to slow down, it's been in the history books for forever. I love the exceptions when the older fighter wins (like Foreman against Moorer, or Hopkins against Tarver), but Alvarez is just getting better at what he has always been good at, whereas Golovkin is being accused of slowing down and being "exposed".

All of my analysis tells me that GGG should win this fight. He wasn't exposed, people that have eyes know of his weaknesses going into the Jacobs fight, and honestly, with Brook...a welterweight that good is gonna steal two rounds from ANY 154 or 160 fighter. They are faster and usually have quicker feet. It's down the stretch where weight tells and this was the case in Brook's defeat. Imagine Brook as a naturally size MW? He'd be near or at the top of the heap. Anyway, I don't see Golovkin looking old or slowing down. I also don't see Alvarez as a fighter that has improved his weaknesses - we just forget them because he keeps dominating. His feet suck, his conditioning won't get any better as he puts on more muscle. And GGG? He is gonna put the mental and physical pressure on Alvarez.

The power, chins, body punching of both men, and Alvarez's ability to stay focused and sharp for a full twelve rounds without getting lazy, like, at all, will be important considerations.

The old rule that a good big guy beats a good guy moving up in weight might hold true here.

The sparring notes from 2011 were interesting. Alvarez never shook GGG, but GGG hit Alvarez so hard that Alvarez was walking around, shaking out his foot between rounds. How much has GGG declined since then? I wonder.

I hope if Canelo wins , those saying GGG he will get credit in defeating an elite guy and not that GGG got old

Timing. Canelo will be barrelling into this fight with a full head of steam (string of wins), much to prove (being called a duck), and a confidence that is retard strong (feels he can compete at 160+ after taking apart such a big guy in Chavez Jr.). Golovkin, in the eyes of some, might be slipping. Mid-thirties is when fighters naturally start to slow down, it's been in the history books for forever. I love the exceptions when the older fighter wins (like Foreman against Moorer, or Hopkins against Tarver), but Alvarez is just getting better at what he has always been good at, whereas Golovkin is being accused of slowing down and being "exposed".

All of my analysis tells me that GGG should win this fight. He wasn't exposed, people that have eyes know of his weaknesses going into the Jacobs fight, and honestly, with Brook...a welterweight that good is gonna steal two rounds from ANY 154 or 160 fighter. They are faster and usually have quicker feet. It's down the stretch where weight tells and this was the case in Brook's defeat. Imagine Brook as a naturally size MW? He'd be near or at the top of the heap. Anyway, I don't see Golovkin looking old or slowing down. I also don't see Alvarez as a fighter that has improved his weaknesses - we just forget them because he keeps dominating. His feet suck, his conditioning won't get any better as he puts on more muscle. And GGG? He is gonna put the mental and physical pressure on Alvarez.

The power, chins, body punching of both men, and Alvarez's ability to stay focused and sharp for a full twelve rounds without getting lazy, like, at all, will be important considerations.

The old rule that a good big guy beats a good guy moving up in weight might hold true here.

The sparring notes from 2011 were interesting. Alvarez never shook GGG, but GGG hit Alvarez so hard that Alvarez was walking around, shaking out his foot between rounds. How much has GGG declined since then? I wonder.
I'll be standing up yelling the whole time lol

You have people saying that dont like Canelo and are Golovkin fans saying youre an idiot but sure man.

are you referring to the guy who said canelo outboxed lara?

canelo landing just 23 percent of his punches against erislandry?

is that the "people" that you are referring to?

i think its more of how much the 21-year-old canelo has imporved since 2011 rather than how much golovkin has declined.

the entire forum?

There are plenty of people here who are Golovkin fans or are picking Golovkin over Canelo who would find serious issue with the claim that Martin Murray would dominate Canelo.

Back