Why do you think triple g will be a tough matchup for Canelo? | Page 10

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by timoteo, May 7, 2017.

1. quincy k Purple Belt

quincy k
    i agree a lot of people would not think that a prime martin murray could dominate canelo just the same as some people dont think david lemuiex would have a chance at beating alvarez as well.

2. The Can Opener Brown Belt

The Can Opener
    Canelo fought Lara.
    He didn't knock him out.
    He won on the scorecards.
    It was a boxing match.
    Thus he quite literally outboxed Lara.

You can keep spouting nonsense like "Oh golly gosh Canelo only landed 23%!!!!" but the truth is Lara only landed 28% and the power punch stat was 88 for Canelo to just 52 for Lara. Canelo landed 10 punches less than Lara overall but more than half of what Lara landed were running away jabs. Get some perspective.

randomg1t and PUO3 like this.
  3. PUO3 You are a can.

PUO3
    How do you see Lemi beating Canelo? Canelo has outboxed far more talented guys than Lemi. I dont think Canelo is a good matchup for him at all. Hes always in the game with his firepower of course.

4. stuff jones Purple Belt

stuff jones
    Canelo has never fought a guy who punches like Lemieux. Not even close. The fact that Floyd is more talented than Lemieux ad Canelo got 12-0d by him has no bearing.

5. quincy k Purple Belt

quincy k
    when did i ever say lara outboxed canelo?

my perspective of a figher outboxing another fighter is when he statistically leads in every category and there is no dispute on who won the fight

thats not what happened when canelo fought lara

thats exactly what happened when mayweather fought canelo

6. The Can Opener Brown Belt

The Can Opener
    When did I ever saw that you said Lara outboxed anyone? Oh yeah, never.

Your definition of getting outboxed is fucking ridiculous. Requiring someone to lead IN EVERY STATISTICAL CATEGORY is just stupid and meaningless. A fighter can completely outbox someone and still get hit with more jabs or more body shots or even more power punchers than they land. Math is not the determining factor in most fights. Your "no dispute" thing is just as stupid. When a fight goes the distance there will ALWAYS be people who think the loser actually won. Always. That is the nature of boxing.

Here is the actual definition of outbox - "defeat (an opponent) by superior boxing ability."

7. Dreadlock666 Founder of the militant wing of the Salvation Army

Dreadlock666
    Not entirely true. At my old boxing gym we had two drunkards break in one night and beat each other up in the ring before trashing the place and bailing, had it all on camera.

Minowafanatic likes this.
  8. quincy k Purple Belt

quincy k
    why are you comparing 154s to a 160 with an 80 percent ko ratio?

david has proven 160 power in both hands and proven 160 punch resistance whereas canelo has yet to show either

you can make a case for canelo being favored over lemuiex if alvarez was decisively dominating the top 154s but thats not the case

arthur abraham was a dominant 160 that, like canelo, relied on his power and other than koing jt, another 160, hes done nothing at 168 and it wouldn surprise me at all if canelo has the same results at mw

find a 154, 160 or 168 that moved up in the last 20+ years and had success and youll find a very short list. you have to go to hopkins, jones jr, mccallum, winky, leonard, tito, ...all 5´10"+ guys that could grow into the weight unlike the 5´7" canelo. and tito possibly had illegal wraps.

for 160+ guys shorter than 5'10" moving up and having success and you would have to go as far back as the 5´9" toney but he had proven ko power in both hands at 160, unlike canelo

so thats what the 5´7" canelo is up against right now and history says that hes probably not going to do well

that is unless you believe that he is the mexican version of lights out which wouldnt surprise me with some of the things i read here

9. quincy k Purple Belt

quincy k
    the only thing ridiculous is you saying that canelo outboxed lara.

10. wilddeuces Purple Belt

wilddeuces
    More than likely, that's central to this fight, yes.

11. The Can Opener Brown Belt

The Can Opener
    Of course Canelo didn't outbox him.

He shot him with fucking heat rays from his eyes and vaporized him in round 7 for a TKO by use of super powers, idiot.

That's also why Lara can't get big fights anymore, he's a gas instead of a solid.

borntoloseNOT and randomg1t like this.
  12. randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

randomg1t
    @quincy k being taken to school in every second post and keeps coming back.

he's got the heart of a champion, i'll give him that.

The Can Opener and borntoloseNOT like this.
  13. The Can Opener Brown Belt

The Can Opener
    Does anyone know anything about the purse for this fight?

It seems odd that EVERYTHING was so public for years and now that it's signed I haven't seen a single article mentioning the numbers. I am thinking GGG took the ass end of nothing to get this done before he gets any older or takes anymore shots to the head from Jacobs.

14. quincy k Purple Belt

quincy k
    you dont have to give me anything

its kind of funny to see people assuming that canelo is going to have so much success at 160 when he has shown nothing to suggest it.

ill add you to the clueless list after september 16 when canelo loses badly and goes back down to 154

15. randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

randomg1t
    oh i think ggg might push his shit in. i think he jabs like a tank, which could screw with canelo, and he has a granite chin, so he won't be easily put away if this turns into the kind of shootout that alvarez likes. i'll be rooting for ggg, too.

i'm not blind though, i can tell canelo is a superb fighter that could beat golovkin, and would definitely beat 50 shades of shit out of any version of martin fucking murray.

16. quincy k Purple Belt

quincy k
    well, thats your opinion. no need to talk down to anyone especially when canelo has done nothing at 160, never dominated the four top ranked 154s that he fought, whereas prime murray has arguably beaten two top ranked 160s on the road and made it the distance with a top ranked 168 and a ranked smw.

basic theories of logic

seriously, top ranked 168 george groves couldnt ko or kd a faded version of martin murray and now 154 canelo is going to beat 50 shades of shit out of murray

clueless. just clueless.

i suggest you think before you post

17. randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

randomg1t
    i think it might have something to do with watching fights, not just official records and checking out who beat who. i can see canelo and how good he is. i can also see murray. he isn't that good.

The Can Opener likes this.
  18. PUO3 You are a can.

PUO3
    I tried. Cant even have an actual discussion with this babble.

And btw, Murray fucking lost those fights so stop mentioning them as accomplishments.

19. quincy k Purple Belt

quincy k
    well if you actually watched and followed the fight game you would know that the 168 murray/abraham fight, martin on the downside of his career and clearly fighting out of his weight class, was a pick em in germany. you really think 154 canelo would be a favorite against 168 abraham in germany?

and since you presumably dont follow the live betting fight game groves got down as low a -200 in the 10th round against the faded murray when he had george in trouble.

the chances of 154 canelo ever being offered as low as a +200 against 168 groves in live betting if they were to fight is pretty close to zero

and canelo is supposed to somehow beat up murray when alvarez has failed to do that against any top ranked 154 and martin goes 24 with aa and groves without ever being kd?

like i said...clueless

20. quincy k Purple Belt

quincy k
    well, arent you one of the guys that continue to say that jacobs beat golovkin when the history books say otherwise?