why do newer video games tend to suck?

I don't know about you but this was my first gaming system.

Atari2600.png

Me too, but we also had one of these bad boys too, TI-99:

300px-1979_TI-99-4_with_Speech_Synthesizer%2C_RF_modulator%2C_keyboard_overlays_%28adjusted%29.jpg

Some of you are just emotional fairies. Everything was better when you were younger blah fucking blah. Get over your nostalgia Warcraft 3 was not better than The Last of Us

Good shout. Best narrative and emotional tone of any game I've played and won a special place in my heart.

Have you played Overwatch?

because Overwatch is easily one of the best games ever made.
This. I don't know what the TS is talking about. I've played a ton of RTS games alone that are way better than WC3.

Then he says this:
The only newer game I play is cod infinite warfare.
and I realize maybe it's not even worth arguing with him over. Oh the only game you play now is a shit game TS? No fucking wonder.

Some suck, some don't......... Fallout 4 and Skyrim were amazing games. Too bad Bugthesda can't make more in a timely manner.

how can you mention the bugginess while calling them "amazing?"

fallout 4 was such a frustrating game. it probably should have been amazing. but the bugs ruined it into a nearly unplayable mess. worse, much of the issue seems to be the engine, itself - which is why they were never fixed and never will be. as it stands, fallout 4 sucked and confirmed i'll never buy anything from bethesda again.

Last of US
Residents Evil 7
Inside
Batman Arkham City
Skyrim
Zelda BOTW

There have been plenty of great modern games

Seeing as how the TS says the last good game came out 14 years ago I'd call a game that came out in 2013 like TLOU plenty recent enough to be called "modern".

Well he did say IW was good too and that came out last year. The guy is just a troll, so who cares.

Modern Gaming lost it's uniqueness and originality, that's why you're getting tired of it.

Same thing can be applied to movies and music today.

The original Halo and Counter Strike are the last great FPS I've ever played.

And StarCraft is unbeatable even to this day.

two amazing games just came out last month. Horizon zero dawn is one of the best games I have ever played. Zelda is great.

I am playing games full time since 1999 pretty much. For the last nearly 20 years I saw loads of different games, their sequels, innovations, evolution and its pretty shocking to me that I have more fun these days with a 10-15 year old 500mb game rather than AAA 60GB critically acclaimed.

I had the same feelings back in 2010-2015, and I thought that it could be in fact nostalgia that prevents me to enjoy new games or I am just simply bored or growing old, but then some really good games came out like Watch Dogs, DS3 and I feel like I am home again. Out of 10 AAA releases a year, there is 1 or none I actually enjoy and keep playing on.

What is the cause of it? Are games really shit or my taste just become...sophisticated. I always enjoyed large variety of games, strategies, racing, action, stealth you name it.

Does any1 feel the same way?

Your argument doesn't hold much ground when amazing games like Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn and plenty of other games have come out just recently.

Nostalgia is getting the better of you. There were some great games back then, but there ton's and ton's of shitty games too.... Just like today.

The top games of any generation will probably transcend time and be playable for years.

Your argument doesn't hold much ground when amazing games like Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn and plenty of other games have come out just recently.

the few and proud, but not the marines brother

2017 has been a hell of a year for games and I don't see it slowing down. Fingers crossed for the new GoW in 2017.

Back