Multiplatform Struggling to play games that don't pay me

PBAC

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
today I played FF7R for like 10 mins then tuned out to play some shitty sniper game on my phone with PS1 graphics purely because it rewards you with crypto. the way this is looking all games will be play to earn or the entire gen of gamers is going to get away from traditional gaming. my gaming routine is basically to cycle through my play to earn aps and cash out then wait for the next cash out.

Oh and invest in stocks not crypto. I don’t k ow how people can gamble like that

Oh and invest in stocks not crypto. I don’t k ow how people can gamble like that

It's early days but web 3.0 will basically be paying users for their activity. the early stages right now aren't so great but there are quite a few play to earn games and message boards that pay users for their content, so in future users may not even want to post on sherdog unless they are being payed to use it.

I have some stocks, but crypto swings so wildly you are more likely to make faster gains. For example Solana bounces up and down so much it's not a huge loss if you don't sell at a high.

for example I don't play chess.com anymore because the chess universe app rewards you with NFTs.

It's early days but web 3.0 will basically be paying users for their activity. the early stages right now aren't so great but there are quite a few play to earn games and message boards that pay users for their content, so in future users may not even want to post on sherdog unless they are being payed to use it.

I have some stocks, but crypto swings so wildly you are more likely to make faster gains. For example Solana bounces up and down so much it's not a huge loss if you don't sell at a high.

for example I don't play chess.com anymore because the chess universe app rewards you with NFTs.
After rereading your initial post I kind of get what you’re saying. It sort of like how I’ll always choose a third party game on my ps5 over switch simply because I like seeing trophies pop up. I’m just not a gambling man so I personally don’t trade that way, plus I feel you gotta be glued to the market. Recently I just put some money into stocks and I plan to just wait it out over 20 years without stressing

what a ridiculous take. no offense.

You're making a nickel a day mate, settle down.
He's just the mark they're looking for...and there's a whole lot of them out there.

Sadly, I don't think he's that off base. There's this thing that isn't actual money, but still has some kind of value to it, which makes it feel like real money. Start rewarding people with it, and they feel like they're actually not wasting time on a game, and are making money from it, like their Youtube heroes. It's "microtransaction bucks", like MS Points, but on another level.

God help us if that dude who made "Vampire Survivors" turns evil, and starts to really utilize their knowledge of gambling addiction, and infuse it into their next game.

He's just the mark they're looking for...and there's a whole lot of them out there.

Sadly, I don't think he's that off base. There's this thing that isn't actual money, but still has some kind of value to it, which makes it feel like real money. Start rewarding people with it, and they feel like they're actually not wasting time on a game, and are making money from it, like their Youtube heroes. It's "microtransaction bucks", like MS Points, but on another level.

God help us if that dude who made "Vampire Survivors" turns evil, and starts to really utilize their knowledge of gambling addiction, and infuse it into their next game.
Be interesting to know how much money is spent on microtransactions globally, annually. Gotta be a staggering figure. And nothing but wealth extraction at the end of the day. Grimey systems meant to promote the addiction.

Be interesting to know how much money is spent on microtransactions globally, annually. Gotta be a staggering figure. And nothing but wealth extraction at the end of the day. Grimey systems meant to promote the addiction.
It's disgusting. I remember way back I was randomly musing about how spending real money on fake money to buy fake chips for a fake poker game, was insane. Then somebody who worked in the industry(allegedly, but seemed legit enough), laid out some staggering statistics.

Apparently, it's bored rich housewives making up a big chunk of the revenue stream, and spend tens of thousands of dollars a month on this nonsense...individually. It's why shit like "Candy Crush", which is just ONE simple "match three" game that seemingly appeals to very few actual "gamers", is a friggin' enterprise that laughs at the profits of most AAA games.

People are getting dumber by the second.

I'm pretty sure VS is just AI generated and already has a multiple itinerarations that are play to earn already.

the way this is looking all games will be play to earn

Play to earn games arent new. Its just repackaging an old scam under crypto. Primarily targeting slave labor practices in third world countries and Chinese bot farmers.

A disconnect also exists between your way of thinking to the vast majority of gamers. You see gaming as a way to passively earn income. Typical gamer plays to escape elements of the real world.

Way all these crypto games are designed. Users like yourself are the mark.

Here’s the scenario:

User downloads a P2E game. He starts making some crypto and treats gaming like a job. Others join in. Crypto is looking good. Price is stable with more people hopping on board. Weeks and Months go by and the user keeps grinding. Slowly the price of the crypto starts going down. User thinks it’s just a phase. Grinds more, day after day, week after week. He sets a sell date after months of playing. But, to his surprise, the bots have beat him to it. Huge sell off and now his crypto is worthless.

Or

User downloads a P2E game. Realizes he can make some real money. Starts grinding. Uh oh, he’s hit a road block and needs items to progress. He says it’s ok it’s part of the game. Uses his crypto to purchase a loot box. He’s back at it. Grinding and grinding. All of a sudden, he’s stuck again. Needs to purchase another loot box. Ah schucks, didn’t get what he needed. Has to grind for more crypto to purchase a loot box. He forever stays inside this vicious cycle.

I’m all for companies creating their own ERC20 as a coin that’s usable across their catalogs. I’m just not fully convinced on P2E games at the moment.

It's disgusting. I remember way back I was randomly musing about how spending real money on fake money to buy fake chips for a fake poker game, was insane. Then somebody who worked in the industry(allegedly, but seemed legit enough), laid out some staggering statistics.

Apparently, it's bored rich housewives making up a big chunk of the revenue stream, and spend tens of thousands of dollars a month on this nonsense...individually. It's why shit like "Candy Crush", which is just ONE simple "match three" game that seemingly appeals to very few actual "gamers", is a friggin' enterprise that laughs at the profits of most AAA games.

Bitcoin
Here’s the scenario:

User downloads a P2E game. He starts making some crypto and treats gaming like a job. Others join in. Crypto is looking good. Price is stable with more people hopping on board. Weeks and Months go by and the user keeps grinding. Slowly the price of the crypto starts going down. User thinks it’s just a phase. Grinds more, day after day, week after week. He sets a sell date after months of playing. But, to his surprise, the bots have beat him to it. Huge sell off and now his crypto is worthless.

Or

User downloads a P2E game. Realizes he can make some real money. Starts grinding. Uh oh, he’s hit a road block and needs items to progress. He says it’s ok it’s part of the game. Uses his crypto to purchase a loot box. He’s back at it. Grinding and grinding. All of a sudden, he’s stuck again. Needs to purchase another loot box. Ah schucks, didn’t get what he needed. Has to grind for more crypto to purchase a loot box. He forever stays inside this vicious cycle.

I’m all for companies creating their own ERC20 as a coin that’s usable across their catalogs. I’m just not fully convinced on P2E games at the moment.
I play it for like 5 mins each day and don't expect to make for than a few satoshi. Lately it feels more rewarding than hearing sephiroth monologue about how bad ass he is for 20 mins.

I guess they juar candy crush to relax and pass the time and reflect. Like meditation. Aren't we worse for playing deep invested games.

today I played FF7R for like 10 mins then tuned out to play some shitty sniper game on my phone with PS1 graphics purely because it rewards you with crypto. the way this is looking all games will be play to earn or the entire gen of gamers is going to get away from traditional gaming. my gaming routine is basically to cycle through my play to earn aps and cash out then wait for the next cash out.

Prisoners get triple more per hour than what you get paid to play shitty video games.

And at least they get paid in a currency that still be worth something in a year.

I play games to have fun, not as a job. I thought that was the point.
but if the in game currency has actual monetary value wouldn't you appreciate it more

but if the in game currency has actual monetary value wouldn't you appreciate it more

Sure but having fun is the #1 priority. For instance FF7r is one of the best games I’ve ever played. I wouldn’t put it down for some lesser game just to make money.

Paying people to use your product.. doesn't seem like an unreasonable and short-lived multi-layered abstraction of reality AT ALL

Back