Why Didn't Turinabol Work For Frank Mir?

Dumb thread.

PEDs simply improve performance relative to some baseline.

Think of it like an RPG...you have 30 strength/dexterity/magic, but the stage boss has 50 strength/dexterity/magic...and you find a potion that gives you a +10 boost to your skills (to 40). Even after the potion, you *still* aren't good enough to reasonably challenge the boss...but you would definitely beat the former version of yourself more often than not and the potion definitely made you stronger.
IMG_3425.JPG

Did you see Bigfoot in the first mark hunt fight and the bigfoot in the 2nd? It was like night and day. It was within the same year I think they fought, the only difference is that Bigfoot popped for the first fight.

That guy has a legit condition, him without his TRT was certainly a different fighter.

Steroids don't work when it comes to fighting. In any given match-up, your chances to win with or without steroids is about equal.

So all the fighters who took steroids took them in vain.
They were that stupid.
Good luck with you, the first guy to realize that steroids are worthless.

Dude, seriously:
- STEROIDS INCREASE YOUR POWER
- STEROIDS MAKE YOU RECOVER FASTER (so you can train much more and concentrate on your technique)
- STEROIDS INCREASE YOUR MUSCLE MASS
- STEROIDS INCREASE YOUR RESISTANCE TO PAIN

Who said steroids didn't help Mir? Maybe without them, his record would be poorer. How do you know?

The only thing I noticed from Tbol is better pumps in the gym and cramping if you didn't take taurine and electrolytes with it...I was a little stronger but nothing crazy

Plus if you're using Tbol without running test, that's just dumb. Sure it's not very hepatoxic but it'll still shut down your endogenous testosterone after a while. Then when you're off, your natural test levels are low

Bottom line, Tbol is ok for training but with potential cramping and crazy pumps, not good on fight night

The only thing I noticed from Tbol is better pumps in the gym and cramping if you didn't take taurine and electrolytes with it...I was a little stronger but nothing crazy

Plus if you're using Tbol without running test, that's just dumb. Sure it's not very hepatoxic but it'll still shut down your endogenous testosterone after a while. Then when you're off, your natural test levels are low

Bottom line, Tbol is ok for training but with potential cramping and crazy pumps, not good on fight night

How much did you took per day?

So all the fighters who took steroids took them in vain.
They were that stupid.
Good luck with you, the first guy to realize that steroids are worthless.

Dude, seriously:
- STEROIDS INCREASE YOUR POWER
- STEROIDS MAKE YOU RECOVER FASTER (so you can train much more and concentrate on your technique)
- STEROIDS INCREASE YOUR MUSCLE MASS
- STEROIDS INCREASE YOUR RESISTANCE TO PAIN

Who said steroids didn't help Mir? Maybe without them, his record would be poorer. How do you know?
He was knocked out with one punch in the first round. How much worse can you lose? Creatine Monohydrate does some of that too. I can show you the evidence if you want. LOL

Show me the research that shows evidence of steroids improving pain tolerance. I will look for myself, but if you showed me a study (not a bro-science webpage) it will make it easier.

Why wasn't Frank Mir able to head kick Mark Hunt to oblivion? Why didn't it make his jaw bones and muscle tough like steel, and protect him from a one punch KO?

Frank Mir is legit BJJ black belt with one punch KO power, and a guy who beat Brock Lesnar, so why wasn't he 20% stronger and faster to beat a slow and flabby Mark Hunt?

Steroids don't work when it comes to fighting. In any given match-up, your chances to win with or without steroids is about equal.

MMA is not track & field where you are racing for split seconds. It takes a lot more to beat your opponent, and if you don't have it, you are not going to get it by using steroids.

If I am wrong, show me some evidence that contradict my position.
You are wrong.
  • He is significantly older.
  • He survived a motorcycle crash, which changed his body forever
  • He has taken more damage over a lifetime
  • He has a different fighting style
If steroids had no impact on performance:
  • The governments of the world would not fund their research.
  • The coaches, teams and managers wouldn't allow them.
  • No one would make them.

That is not evidence. You know you are taking something, that automatically changes your perception of your experience, and changes your behavior.

That is why scientists use blind studies, where the people don't know what they are taking, and the scientists don't know who is on what.

I thought he ate a yoked kangaroo?

30EE89AF00000578-3434736-image-a-46_1454752950206.jpg

Theres a ton of Russian olympic medallists say you are wrong TS

Why wasn't Frank Mir able to head kick Mark Hunt to oblivion? Why didn't it make his jaw bones and muscle tough like steel, and protect him from a one punch KO?

Frank Mir is legit BJJ black belt with one punch KO power, and a guy who beat Brock Lesnar, so why wasn't he 20% stronger and faster to beat a slow and flabby Mark Hunt?

MMA is not track & field where you are racing for split seconds. It takes a lot more to beat your opponent, and if you don't have it, you are not going to get it by using steroids.

If I am wrong, show me some evidence that contradict my position.
If it doesn't help, then why did Jones need to take it?

You are wrong.
  • He is significantly older.
  • He survived a motorcycle crash, which changed his body forever
  • He has taken more damage over a lifetime
  • He has a different fighting style
If steroids had no impact on performance:
  • The governments of the world would not fund their research.
  • The coaches, teams and managers wouldn't allow them.
  • No one would make them.
Steroids work in sports with bench marks. For example, if you know you have to run at least 10 seconds or under to go anywhere in the 100M dash, you take some steroids, train and see how you do in training. That works. If you take steroids, and you have concrete evidence that your times are getting faster, and you have a chance at Olympic gold or making it to the finals, that is great.

Fighting is not the same. You can take all the steroids you want, it is not going to give you a better than 50% chance of beating any random opponent in your weight-class.

You will beat the fighters that you match-up well with, and credit the steroids, but then a better fighter will beat you, forcing you to change your regular stack and cycle and get caught by USADA. LOL

They don't make you a better fighter. Maybe your bench press and squat will improve, but a fighter doesn't need to squat or bench press on the same level as a strongest-man competitor or Mr Olympia.

The magic is more beneficial than the science, when it comes to steroids and fighting.

Because he took it wrong. You're supposed to go straight to the source instead of getting it 2nd hand from kangaroo meat.

If it doesn't help, then why did Jones need to take it?
The magic. Jon Jones chases the high of feeling good and having a good time, and he will take anything that makes him feel that way. I guess in that sense you can say it is performance enhancing, because when you feel good you often perform better.

But if you think you will win more fights because of steroids, guess what, there is no evidence to support this belief. Fighters who tested positive after a fight, more often lost than won. I made a thread showing the numbers. Search it.

Back