Why Didn't Turinabol Work For Frank Mir?

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why wasn't Frank Mir able to head kick Mark Hunt to oblivion? Why didn't it make his jaw bones and muscle tough like steel, and protect him from a one punch KO?

Frank Mir is legit BJJ black belt with one punch KO power, and a guy who beat Brock Lesnar, so why wasn't he 20% stronger and faster to beat a slow and flabby Mark Hunt?

Steroids don't work when it comes to fighting. In any given match-up, your chances to win with or without steroids is about equal.

MMA is not track & field where you are racing for split seconds. It takes a lot more to beat your opponent, and if you don't have it, you are not going to get it by using steroids.

If I am wrong, show me some evidence that contradict my position.

USADA Jon Jones is the Niel Magny of the LHW division.

Is anyone arguing that steroids are an "I win!" button, TS? No.

Better yet, why didn't Turinabol Mir beat Cormier in their fight if the shit is such magic and automatically wins fights by default for you? Any answer here??

Mir wasn't as athletic, explosive
giphy.gif

Is anyone arguing that steroids are an "I win!" button, TS? No.

I'm not condoning what Jones did, and quite frankly I'm glad he got busted but yes.. Sherdog has literally been acting like it's an "I win" button when it comes to Jon Jones taking the shit.

Why wasn't Frank Mir able to head kick Mark Hunt to oblivion? Why didn't it make his jaw bones and muscle tough like steel, and protect him from a one punch KO?

Frank Mir is legit BJJ black belt with one punch KO power, and a guy who beat Brock Lesnar, so why wasn't he 20% stronger and faster to beat a slow and flabby Mark Hunt?

Steroids don't work when it comes to fighting. In any given match-up, your chances to win with or without steroids is about equal.

MMA is not track & field where you are racing for split seconds. It takes a lot more to beat your opponent, and if you don't have it, you are not going to get it by using steroids.

Jon Jones wouldnt have been the same without his gym candy....just face it my male nurse bro
giphy (7).gif

Brb, telling all athletes to quit taking steroids because they do nothing.

my god you are dumb

Dumb thread.

PEDs simply improve performance relative to some baseline.

Think of it like an RPG...you have 30 strength/dexterity/magic, but the stage boss has 50 strength/dexterity/magic...and you find a potion that gives you a +10 boost to your skills (to 40). Even after the potion, you *still* aren't good enough to reasonably challenge the boss...but you would definitely beat the former version of yourself more often than not and the potion definitely made you stronger.

terrible troll job.
So, if you can't come up with an evidence based rebuttal, that means it is a troll job. LOL

Frank Mir tested positive for Turinabol, and he was one punch KO'd. Mark Hunt beat Frank Mir faster and more convincingly than Turinabones beat DC.

Frank Mir was 5 years younger, taller with a 7" reach advantage and 20% stronger than his baseline (because according to Sherdog, steroids can make you up to 20% stronger). LOL

Even with all these advantages and physical attributes, this is what happened to Frank Mir.

Dumb thread.

PEDs simply improve performance relative to some baseline.

Think of it like an RPG...you have 30 strength/dexterity/magic, but the stage boss has 50 strength/dexterity/magic...and you find a potion that gives you a +10 boost to your skills (to 40). Even after the potion, you *still* aren't good enough to reasonably challenge the boss...but you would definitely beat the former version of yourself more often than not.
So, PEDs only work when you win. LOL

Maybe because he was already old and a decade past his prime?

Plus, Mark Hunt ain't no joke. He can put anybody to sleep.

Back