Why are we even entertaining the thought of GSP vs Khabib/Conor?

Regardless of who GSP fights I just hope it's not a title fight. We know he has no interest in defending and is just looking for stats and coin. (Not that I blame him)

I never said GSP didn't have to fight Woodley because Rory beat him but I did say GSP can beat him, based on how Rory beat him, as GSP absolutely could emply that exact same gameplan.. It wouldn't guaranteed work because I think Woodley learned a lot from the Rory fight.. Can I just lop you in with other poster's opinions on this too and just claim you're some doofus that spouted shit you never did?

I just want to know if we're playing a game or having a discussion between me and you?

I absolutely can use the age thing. He beat Bisping after coming back, who is a really good fighter but was also pretty shot when the fought. He's had one fully functioning eye for how long? Georges clearly capitalized on that. Again, I 100% can use the age thing. Like you said yourself, 10 years ago, Wonderboy and Woodley weren't even fighting. Well there you go! GSP was accumulating damage for many, many years before these guys even started fighting in MMA. Their fight ages are nowhere near the same. Not even a little bit. Even Wonderboy's kickboxing can't compare. It isn't as taxing as having all the facets of MMA to deal with, with no big gloves to absorb a lot of the damage, etc.

GSP is like at least 5 years older than these guys, if not more, based on mileage alone. GSP was fighting the top fighters in MMA after like half a dozen pro fights..... His first UFC fight was in 2004 and he was fighting solid fighters from that point forward..... Woodley and Wonderboy didn't start fighting these calibre of fighters until like a decade later.

It is VERY SIGNIFICANT. Especially knowing the major surgeries Georges went through prior to and after retirement. His athleticism took a fairly big hit. I saw that he looked off from the very first takedown he shot in for on Condit.

You act like Woodley started wrestling or Wonderboy started kickboxing the day they started MMA. They both have the wear and tear from that for almost their entire life. Probably not as significant as MMA training, but it's still wear and tear that accumulates.

And injuries happen, it's a part of the game. But it's not like GSP lost all his athleticism like Shogun did.

Regardless of who GSP fights I just hope it's not a title fight. We know he has no interest in defending and is just looking for stats and coin. (Not that I blame him)
As a huge GSP, I can get behind this. I don't like the idea of the 3 division title holder, if he has no interest in defending. I don't know about the whole colitis thing but when he didn't defend the MW belt after winning it, it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. I am glad he didn't hold onto it and at least vacated rather quickly though.

He's supposed to be the WW GOAT, but he wants to go down to 155 and fight someone like McGregor who is a former FW with extremely questionable TDD?

Shut the fuck up Georges, nobody wants to see that bullshit except for dumb ass casuals.

We all know that he would just retire again after the fight instead of taking on the top challengers. We also all know that he would have NEVER fought at MW if it wasn't Bisping who was holding the belt.

He is clearly not interested in fighting the best guys in the world, unless they are a weightclass below.

GSP needs to either fight Woodley or shut the fuck up and retire for good. I'm tired of him being terrified of the 2 past reigning WW champs, but talking like he wants to come back.

He was terrified of coming back and fighting Lawler when he was champ too.

BTW, if that ever happens, Woodley via KO. 1st round.

Tell me one good reason why GSP needs to fight..win and defend the WW title again?

Here's a hint there isn't...been there done that ..twice over and avenged all loses...Woodley looked good agaisnt till and pretty good agaisnt Maia..but he's not facing who GSP faced and hasn't even been champ long enough to be talking aboit GSP level..he will be great and maybe surpass GSP and Hughes right now I don't think he beats GSP....too much fight IQ from GSP and GSPs wrestling has been proven to be the best over and over and over again against wrestlers who were suppose to levels ahead of him..woodley would be no different then the other wrestlers GSP has beaten handily ..except maybe PEDs version Hendricks..

You act like Woodley started wrestling or Wonderboy started kickboxing the day they started MMA. They both have the wear and tear from that for almost their entire life. Probably not as significant as MMA training, but it's still wear and tear that accumulates.

And injuries happen, it's a part of the game. But it's not like GSP lost all his athleticism like Shogun did.
I agree that they do put wear and tear on your body but I think MMA puts more wear and tear as you have to train those facets of martial arts and even more.

Yes, injuries happen... some are rather insignificant and some are not. A guy who relies on an explosive takedown getting multiple ACL surgeries is pretty significant.

I think there are more than injuries that played a role in the decline of Shogun. The rules and cage also played a factor. CB guys really relied on stomps and soccer kicks as part of their success in Pride. GSP didn't have to make this adjustment

Ya, and whats your point? Probably going to happen anyway. :)
My point is that greed (by GSP & UFC) along with the braindead nutsuckers who validate it are what is allowing this lack of common sense to happen.

Everyone wants the belt, no one takes it serious enough to defend it.

My point is that greed (by GSP & UFC) along with the braindead nutsuckers who validate it are what is allowing this lack of common sense to happen.

You are beginning to make me think you disapprove.

Only gsp could have sherdoggees claiming a doctor's diagnosis is bullshit. You might as well claim his ACL surgeries are bullshit too lmfao

As a huge GSP, I can get behind this. I don't like the idea of the 3 division title holder, if he has no interest in defending. I don't know about the whole colitis thing but when he didn't defend the MW belt after winning it, it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. I am glad he didn't hold onto it and at least vacated rather quickly though.[/QUOTE

Is this more about the belt or the fight? If GSP/Colin happened at 160 or 165 for no belt would you be ok with that?

Is this more about the belt or the fight? If GSP/Colin happened at 160 or 165 for no belt would you be ok with that?
I'd rather GSP fought for the belt and if he won, defended it.

I am ok with him taking whatever fight he wants if there is no title on the line. As a fan, I don't want divisions to be on hold unnecessarily.

I'd be super happy if GSP became the first 3 division champ but I'd hate to see LW become even more of a cluisterfuck than Khabib, Conor and Tony have already caused.

This here is a top ten worst poster on Sherdog.

GSP, a guy with one of highest number of title defenses ever, isn't serious enough to defend a title.

What REALLY terrifies him is GSP winning a title in a third division, which hasn't been done yet. It would be a HUGE accomplishment.

The guys saying a WW shouldn't be fighting smaller guys are completely ignoring that GSP has to be small enough to fight competitively after a weight cut. This isn't just "imma gonna cut more and beat the best guy in that division". This is a guy who can move from weight to weight and to beat the top guy. If just cutting weight was all it took, everyone would do it.

GSP proved beyond doubt that he's the best welterweight who ever lived. Nobody is within a country mile of his accomplishments there.

He went up and beat the MW champion.

Now he wants to fight the winner of Conor and Khabib, which is one of the hardest fights at LW.

Call me suspicious, but I think that anyone who complains about this is just afraid of GSP pulling even farther ahead of some other fighter they like.

I'd rather GSP fought for the belt and if he won, defended it.

I am ok with him taking whatever fight he wants if there is no title on the line. As a fan, I don't want divisions to be on hold unnecessarily.

I'd be super happy if GSP became the first 3 division champ but I'd hate to see LW become even more of a cluisterfuck than Khabib, Conor and Tony have already caused.

Ok, I can see your point and agree. If lw is a good fit for him then maybe he does stick around for a few more. He is 37 and those knees though, but you never know.

Could be. I am going off what I have read and understood to be about his weight for years. I was also sort of partial to that because a buddy of mine and fellow fighter met a bunch of those guys in vegas once and told me GSP was pretty much the same size as me so I was going off that estimate also. Just estimates really. 5 or 10 pounds can be difficult to spot on some people.

At the time, I was around 185 or so but add 10 pounds to that and it could be difficult to see depending on where it is distributed. Being that Hardy got held down. I am wondering if he might be blowing up the story a bit to save face also? Nothing against Dan, I would not hesitate to have a beer with the dude, he seems like a cool cat and a smart dude.
Especially if there is an easy extra ten lbs in the legs, which isn’t hard to do and isn’t as noticeable as ten lbs in the upper body.

And George has always been shredded, and not carrying any extra fat weight walking around people cut off during camp, he’s already there so to speak at all times.

Ok, I can see your point and agree. If lw is a good fit for him then maybe he does stick around for a few more. He is 37 and those knees though, but you never know.
He may but I really don't see him going to 155, personally.

If he does and wins the title, especially if it is to remove the 0 from Khabib's record, it will still be pretty significant but I am skeptical about 155. On the other hand, I was positive he would never return after he retired in 2013 and he came back and won the MW belt so what do I know? lol

Especially if there is an easy extra ten lbs in the legs, which isn’t hard to do and isn’t as noticeable as ten lbs in the upper body.

And George has always been shredded, and not carrying any extra fat weight walking around people cut off during camp, he’s already there so to speak at all times.

I agree with that. The legs are a good place to pack on weight that is hard to see. Can't know for sure but I still maintain that he is not huge for the ww compared to others, there are a few big boys at ww. He would be a big lw for sure though. I don't know how these guys can cut that much to be honest.

He may but I really don't see him going to 155, personally.

If he does and wins the title, especially if it is to remove the 0 from Khabib's record, it will still be pretty significant but I am skeptical about 155. On the other hand, I was positive he would never return after he retired in 2013 and he came back and won the MW belt so what do I know? lol

Agreed, that one took me by surprise also. To be honest, I was kind of hoping he would stay retired after the surgeries and all that. I can't imagine it helps.

If he can make 155 there is no problem. He is not asking them to come up and face him.

Back