why Are People Resentful That Chiesa is Suing McGregor ?

To be fair Conor was allowed to break the law and get away with it. There might still be some repercussions, but none of them will include criminal penalties.
That's because the UFC isn't suing him. If the UFC sued him, there would 100% be criminal penalties.

Why aren't they suing him? Because they reached an agreement behind closed doors. That's why Conor is fighting again instantly, after that incident. That's why he signed a new extended contract, despite spending 2 years trying to get out of his old contract.

1) People have somewhat unrealistic ideas about what fighters should be (too tough to "sue" aka take the coward's way out)
2) McGregor is one of the most if not the most popular fighters
3) Chiesa is a genuinely unlikable fighter who makes excuses all the time so it's hard to feel sorry for him

I heard purse, not medical, and certainly no punitive damages, though I don't see why that (UFC paying) would matter when the guy responsible paid nothing and walked away with a slap on the wrist. And yes, there is the career derailment.
It was done by the UFC or the commissions doctor I can't remember which. He had small cuts, no need for a repeat visit to a doctor. He still wanted to fight so it wasn't a serious injury. But the reason he has a case is that he was in line for a title shot.

Do you have a point? Or should i just list off all the title shots that were handed out to fighters coming off a loss?
yea i have a point whatever the rankings say he's not a popular fighter and doesn't deserve a title shot coming after getting tapped out over the other names that were in the mix. felder was coming off 3 wins all ko/tkos, yaquinta 5 wins 4 finishes.

because mcgregor and his nuthuggers dont live in the real world lol

He's suing for emotional distress, fuck that pussy shit. He's not a real fighter imo....

yea i have a point whatever the rankings say he's not a popular fighter and doesn't deserve a title shot coming after getting tapped out over the other names that were in the mix. felder was coming off 3 wins all ko/tkos, yaquinta 5 wins 4 finishes.

Felder was denied by the athletic commission so he wasn't an option. Pettis turned the fight down. Al was the only option left, and given his history of speaking out against the UFC, it's very possible that they would of given the fight to Chiesa instead. It's not like iaquinta is popular. He had fought one time in 3 years heading into UFC 223, that isn't title shot worthy

There's a very vocal crowd among MMA fans who hold onto very questionable wild west kind of ideals when it comes to fighters or men in general, acting like every issue should be solved eye for an eye with one's fists and everything else is cowardly. It's this caveman'ish behavior that gives MMA fans and the sport such a bad rap. Nobody in their right mind would blame a person unprovokedly attacked and injured by another for taking legal actions, both because they deserve compensation for having been made the victim of a crime and because the attacker deserves the legal punishment intended for their actions. If you don't want to get sued, don't go around throwing stuff at people, UFC fighters are not above the law and neither should they have to endure things any other citizen wouldn't let slide. It was a dangerous, violent attacked, it's not like he's sueing Conor for insufficiently labeling his whiskey after he used it as lube or something like that.

Personally I'm much more of a Conor fan than one of Chiesa, I don't even like Chiesa, but he's absolutely right here to sue Conor for his vile stupidity. One should be able to be a fan of someone and accept when they do stupid shit that severely crosses the line. Ray Borg and quite frankly everyone who was even merely sitting on that bus at the time of the attack should do the same.

No, absorbing the medical cost of an unprovoked attack, and letting the fucker who randomly assaulted you walk without paying damages is the real bitch move. Particularly because your reason for allowing someone to punk you is what? ..you being worried about what someone will think? LOL
Deal with it like man
Don't go crying to the man.

i don't have an issue with the lawsuit itself. its the 'emotional distress' part that is comical.

It was done by the UFC or the commissions doctor I can't remember which. He had small cuts, no need for a repeat visit to a doctor. He still wanted to fight so it wasn't a serious injury. But the reason he has a case is that he was in line for a title shot.

Well ok, I didn't follow this but that's maybe one of the smallest of items on the list of why a lawsuit is absolutely warranted. The employer paying for loss of income, medical, is not squaring things. Conor basically walked and that's bullshit.

I see people talking about what a bitch move this is all the time and I don’t get it. Can someone explain this to me ? I have to say, this seems like exactly what Chiesa should do — Conor’s negligent actions injured Chiesa to the point that it cost him his ability to perform at his job, and Conor should have to pay for that.

Does it just come down to the fact that Conor is well liked and Chiesa is the less popular girl in school ? Or do people see this as frivolous litigation ?

Help me out here.
Its simple. Conor fans are hateful bitches

Well ok, I didn't follow this but that's maybe one of the smallest of items on the list of why a lawsuit is absolutely warranted. The employer paying for loss of income, medical, is not squaring things. Conor basically walked and that's bullshit.
yeah it was bullshit he got off with no penalty; but for a lawsuit you need to show personal loss by his action.

is it annoying anyone elses OCD that the TS capitalised every single word apart from the "why" and "is"??
As the TS, I can say that it’s super annoying to me more than anyone else. Normally in a title you capitalize all words except articles or conjunctions, which I did, but the first word should always be capitalized, which my stupid phone fucked up. I tried to edit it but thread title editing was greyed out.

Edit: “that” and “are” should be lowercase as well. Look, I fucked up, okay ? I fucked up bad. Sue me why don’t you.

Last edited:
Deal with it like man
Don't go crying to the man.

Ironic coming from a man-child and a complete fucking nobody. One who apparently can't wrap his head around what it's like to go through a camp, cut weight, and then be forced to pull out because some jerk went ape-shit and injured you.

You're an idiot.

If you're headed to a UFC event and some fucker pops up out of nowhere and tosses an object at you, cutting your face, causing you to miss the show, would your employer reimbursing you your ticket make things square?

Now imagine you're not some random dweeb, but a pro fighter who spent 6-8 weeks in camp for that event. Yeah, you have 20-30 camps/fights in your tank, and this fucking moron just wasted one of them, possibly causing your career irreversible damage.
Amen. Anyone who isn't a Conor cuck will understand this.

yeah it was bullshit he got off with no penalty; but for a lawsuit you need to show personal loss by his action.

Are you saying that this isn't obvious? Losing mileage, very likely losing title shot, losing momentum.. all these have monetary value in the short career of a fighter. I've alluded to all this, in addition to the punitive aspect multiple times now.

Are you saying that this isn't obvious? Losing mileage, very likely losing title shot, losing momentum.. all these have monetary value in the short career of a fighter. I've alluded to all this, in addition to the punitive aspect multiple times now.
only likely losing a title shot. That's his only case. But I agree he is owed money for that. I think I said he lost the potential for millions because the commission wanted the highest ranked fighter and that was him.

Back