why Are People Resentful That Chiesa is Suing McGregor ?

I see people talking about what a bitch move this is all the time and I don’t get it. Can someone explain this to me ? I have to say, this seems like exactly what Chiesa should do — Conor’s negligent actions injured Chiesa to the point that it cost him his ability to perform at his job, and Conor should have to pay for that.

Does it just come down to the fact that Conor is well liked and Chiesa is the less popular girl in school ? Or do people see this as frivolous litigation ?

Help me out here.
I’m happy he is suing. I just want to enjoy the drama and fallout that comes as a result of the lawsuit.

What gets overlooked is that it might of cost Chiesa a title shot

He was the highest ranked LW on the card after Khabib and ferg, and 11th ranked Al filled in for ferg. That could of been Chiesa
he was coming off a bad loss tho

Not resentful. Cheisa was fully reimbursed by the UFC already. Cheisa needs to grow a pair and not act like a woman.

Here's one of the thousands of aforementioned badasses here on Sherdog.

What if Chiesa was really dialed in that night, and whooped Pettis. (Yes, I know he lost months later.) He beats Pettis, he's now where Pettis is, maybe gets a fight with Ferg. Now? He's out of the division, working his way up in 170 now. Bigger boys. His career ended that night.

One could look at it like that.

some people (lots) are conor fans and see his degenerate behaviour as something that should be tolerated and rejoiced. And then get mad and butt hurt when reality sets in and their hero has to face reality and they realize he cannot do what the fuck he wants.

because he has nothing to lose doing it. shit he might even get to fight mcgregor after it. how many people sue each other then get to fight on tv, that's a pretty fun narrative

He should sue for more. He probably spent a lot on his training camp too.
The purse should cover that..

Edit: And the UFC paid for his medical bills And gave him his purse, so I guess he shouldn’t sue at all.

Last edited:
Not resentful. Cheisa was fully reimbursed by the UFC already. Cheisa needs to grow a pair and not act like a woman.

You're an idiot.

If you're headed to a UFC event and some fucker pops up out of nowhere and tosses an object at you, cutting your face, causing you to miss the show, would your employer reimbursing you your ticket make things square?

Now imagine you're not some random dweeb, but a pro fighter who spent 6-8 weeks in camp for that event. Yeah, you have 20-30 camps/fights in your tank, and this fucking moron just wasted one of them, possibly causing your career irreversible damage.

Can trace my response to the day it took place, everyone on that bus should pursue legal action against him. Your average person does that and he is most likely fucked for life, he was lucky no one could do anything because they would have been within their right to put a bullet in him, maybe not in that state though. lol Anyone condoning that shit is most likely a punk.

I see people talking about what a bitch move this is all the time and I don’t get it. Can someone explain this to me ? I have to say, this seems like exactly what Chiesa should do — Conor’s negligent actions injured Chiesa to the point that it cost him his ability to perform at his job, and Conor should have to pay for that.

Does it just come down to the fact that Conor is well liked and Chiesa is the less popular girl in school ? Or do people see this as frivolous litigation ?

Help me out here.
Because there donkeys that don't know how life works. People get sued every day for much less then having a dolly launched at you and catching some glass to the face. Hope Conor get's cleaned out.

And for what it's worth I like Conor as a fighter, but his behavior is ridiculous and shouldn't go unpunished.

Replace conor's name with some random dude doing the same thing and 80% of the people who are shitting on Chiesa for suing would be on his side.

Why the hell wouldn't he? It's free money for getting injured over something he had nothing to do with. I can't run around injuring unsuspecting people and not expect any legal action.
Most of the kids on sherdog still don't understand the difference between sports, and WWE

1. annoying prick
  2. fake as fuck (Pettis was saying he hated Cheisa because he would talk shit online and then act all cool with him face to face)
  3. he's a can
  4. he has a mullet
  5. ugly jitsu :eek::eek::eek: with horrible tattoos
  6. unmarketable as fuck
  7. he claims this screwed him out of a title shot, so fucking what no one wants to see that dickbag fight Khabib, Atleast Al is fun to watch.
  8. other than minor damage to the face Cheisa didn't really lose anymoney, he got paid show money and then he got to fight Pettis AGAIN and obviously he got paid for that. And he ended up losing that fight anyways so fuck him. Even if he has a right to sue it's not gunna for more than 2-3k and now he looks like a bitch to the fans

Fighter Bash much?

Sueing people is a bitch move.

No, absorbing the medical cost of an unprovoked attack, and letting the fucker who randomly assaulted you walk without paying damages is the real bitch move. Particularly because your reason for allowing someone to punk you is what? ..you being worried about what someone will think? LOL

You have a history working in the legal field?

Or watch a lot of TV?
Most people are under the impression that having a lot of money, and an expensive lawyer, means you can break the law and get away with it with no consequences.

They don't understand that the "get away with it" part comes after a 'settlement'. Most rich people can get away with these things because they pay enough people off so that it never reaches trial.

Conor clearly hasn't made any offers to settle, otherwise he wouldn't be getting sued.

If Max hadn't been pulled out of the fight I would say he was wrong since I believe the UFC paid him his show money. But it potentially cost him millions because he most likely would have gotten the fight with Khabib as he was the highest ranked fighter available and if he won (which is unlikely) he would have been the champion.

I'm not in anyway defending Conor's actions they were indefensible; I'm just saying you shouldn't be allowed to sue unless those actions cost you something. In this case they cost him a likely title shot.

Last edited:
Most people are under the impression that having a lot of money, and an expensive lawyer, means you can break the law and get away with it with no consequences.

They don't understand that the "get away with it" part comes after a 'settlement'. Most rich people can get away with these things because they pay enough people off so that it never reaches trial.

Conor clearly hasn't made any offers to settle, otherwise he wouldn't be getting sued.

To be fair Conor was allowed to break the law and get away with it. There might still be some repercussions, but none of them will include criminal penalties.

No, absorbing the medical cost of an unprovoked attack, and letting the fucker who randomly assaulted you walk without paying damages is the real bitch move. Particularly because your reason for allowing someone to punk you is what? ..you being worried about what someone will think? LOL
The UFC almost certainly covered all those costs. The real loss was that he likely would have had a title shot.

The UFC most likely covered all those costs. The real loss was that he likely would have had a title shot.

I heard purse, not medical, and certainly no punitive damages, though I don't see why that (UFC paying) would matter when the guy responsible paid nothing and walked away with a slap on the wrist. And yes, there is the career derailment.

Back