Why all of a sudden are mma fighters calling out boxers

Because they want to wear shorts that don't say REEBOK on them and actually make money with sponsors.
Yea like bendo and his one sponsor ( his gym) since moving to bellator

Sponsors care more about how many social media follows you have more than tv fight shorts exposure

Sage Northcutt probably makes more in Instagram sponsors than anyone in bellator makes on fight short logos

Funny how none of the devastating boxers get call outs.
I don't hear anyone wanting to get in the ring with Canelo or GGG. Or Joshua or Kovalev from the mma world.

Mayweather is a far better fight for Connor than the current WWs even though he is one of the greats. Low risk high reward. Spence, Thurman, brook, Garcia would all hurt mcgregor badly, and within a few rounds each. I'd rather see him fight one of those guys so we can stop with all this cross sport nonsense; whether it be mma guys under Queensbury rules or boxers in the cage.

Mayweather is a far better fight for Connor than the current WWs even though he is one of the greats. Low risk high reward. Spence, Thurman, brook, Garcia would all hurt mcgregor badly, and within a few rounds each. I'd rather see him fight one of those guys so we can stop with all this cross sport nonsense; whether it be mma guys under Queensbury rules or boxers in the cage.
You won't see top boxers stepping into the cage as McGregor is the ring. It's a fool pipedream to even mention it.

I can't believe anybody would want to earn more money.

It seems odd to me, different combat sports etc
Well, a bunch of wrestlers came into a Martial Arts competition and started winning, so, why not....I guess thaylts what they figure.

Ralph Gracie called out Roy Jones Jr like 15 years ago...
Anderson Silva called out Roy Jones Jr a couple of years ago...
...nothing really new

But it is definetly about the money...that is true

Sean Sherk used to call out Mayweather too. The Diaz bros called out boxers, talked about Nick vs Fernando Fargas I think. Royce Gracie called out Mike Tyson. Miocic has called out Anthony Joshua I think. Jon Jones has said he could box the Klitschkos. They're just trying to generate talk for themselves and are also probably kind of delusional about their own boxing skill.

It's all about pride and money.

Because it worked. mma fighters have talked about fighting boxers for ever but no one expected it to happen. Then mac vs may and its possible, why not take a shot.

so they could get a better pay day in boxing?

Last edited:

Thanks for that! What he's saying to him is great too. The lady was too shy to say what he was really saying, haha. I dont know how i missed my favorite dude and Din Thomas!
Perfect example of boxer power, Din was wobbled by a open backhand..LMAO!!!

No one dared to call out Kubrat Pulev though.

Because they arent getting paid shit by the ufc, relative to what the top prize fighters make. It looks bad for the ufc and mma as a whole, but uncle dana couldnt give two shits because hed be getting paid as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back