I know this sounds like clickbait. But MMA fighters need to stay in their lane.

John St.Pierre

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I actually break it down here. But to summarize. MMA fighters keep going to boxing to get their bag, get paid and get clout. But its the boxers who are benefitting of the MMA fighter's names. Francis did well against fury but 85 percent of time the boxers are embarrassing the MMA fighters and wouldn't dare step in the cage. So it was fun, they tried it, back to MMA, let the boxers come over if they want. It's their turn.

Boxers aren't crossing over to MMA in droves because they're not willing to take a pay cut. Especially when they'd have to learn a bunch of new skills. It isn't complicated.

Acting like boxers like AJ wouldn't love the opportunity to go fight for 50k/50k in the octagon.
Give AJ 6 months and he'll be all
Brother Brother Brother I smesh you but nobody wants to fight me while pulling out of half his fights.

Plus Venum gear? Champ shit.

I actually break it down here. But to summarize. MMA fighters keep going to boxing to get their bag, get paid and get clout. But its the boxers who are benefitting of the MMA fighter's names. Francis did well against fury but 85 percent of time the boxers are embarrassing the MMA fighters and wouldn't dare step in the cage. So it was fun, they tried it, back to MMA, let the boxers come over if they want. It's their turn.

Boxers already went over, and won.
The argument is over.
Boxing wins.

Ryan Garcia was talking shit about O'Malley wasn't he?

If Dana wants to back up the Brinks truck, that spectacle can happen and MMA will definitely get some payback.

Which ones? The only one I remember was James Toney against Randy Couture, and that didn't go so well for Toney.
The latest couple of boxers to cross over are Polish. Szpilka just stopped Pudzianowski and Glowacki knocked out another boxer-turned-MMA fighter. He spectacularly KO'd him from off his back in full mount. They'd seen better days in boxing, and stopped getting the big fights, so they turned to MMA. That's been the story for practically all crossover boxers.

Give him Wilder next. He would beat Wilder into retirement.
well, this i actually agree with. i could see him putting wilder away, though it isn't hard to picture wilder blasting him with his own right straight either.

francis could maybe beat someone like parker. not so sure about zhang.

Give him Wilder next. He would beat Wilder into retirement.
That is a great fight for WIlder, since after his last horrid performance he desperately needs a get well fight.

Not so good for Francis though, back to back devastating KO's would be the end of him.

That fight can absolutely get made, but I just don't know who would fund it.

well, this i actually agree with. i could see him putting wilder away, though it isn't hard to picture wilder blasting him with his own right straight either.

francis could maybe beat someone like parker. not so sure about zhang.
I'd love a Zhang fight too.
Parker is too much of a cutie he'd toy with Francis I think.

Boxers aren't crossing over to MMA in droves because they're not willing to take a pay cut. Especially when they'd have to learn a bunch of new skills. It isn't complicated.

It's a fake argument. I'm certain Joshua would earn as much money if not more in a MMA fight against Ngannou.

Nobody asks for a legit MMA career, just a single fight.

This argument is wrong, they don't come because they would likely lose and badly. Also, when they earn that much money in their own sport, they don't have to take such a huge risk, even for a huge payday.

It's a fake argument. I'm certain Joshua would earn as much money if not more in a MMA fight against Ngannou.

Nobody asks for a legit MMA career, just a single fight.

This argument is wrong, they don't come because they would likely lose and badly. Also, when they earn that much money in their own sport, they don't have to take such a huge risk, even for a huge payday.

Big Franky got offered 8m for Jones, got paid 20m for last night.

8 x 2.5 = 20m

AJ got 50m for last night.

50 x 2.5 = 125m

Who the fuck is going to give a boxer a similar pay rise, or is it just MMA guys that get the privilege.

Back