Why all of a sudden are mma fighters calling out boxers

Sunfish

Martinez Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
i mean are they just looking for cash, werdum ran at miocic, do they just want brain damage?

I guess Conor name dropping Floyd and finally getting him to not only respond but come out of retirement looking to fight the guy must've set some strange precedent. If that's not it then it's what you get when you cross an elephant and a rhino, a fuck if I know.

It seems odd to me, different combat sports etc

It's like rock musicians wanting to play jazz. They always felt inferior but still want to give it a go, especially when there's a precedent now.

Funny how none of the devastating boxers get call outs.
I don't hear anyone wanting to get in the ring with Canelo or GGG. Or Joshua or Kovalev from the mma world.

Conor calls out Mayweather, and every boxer calls out Conor

It's like rock musicians wanting to play jazz. They always felt inferior but still want to give it a go, especially when there's a precedent now.

Would be more the other way around, it's not like John Scofield earns more than James Hetfield.

Boxing makes way, WAY more money at the top. While....mma the participants at bottom WILL make the better. Generally.
As far as mma world calling out Joshua, Canelo, Gennady........
MayFloyd is fame-fame but he does NOT hold world championship at present. A mma guy coming out of the blue to compete against a world champion world championship on the line could/would be a problem you'd THINK. [Does the boxing establishment have the same, OR LESS...SENSE..than the FEW years ago? They DO NOT maintain as well at all from *combined view........maybe one does..I can hardly seperate the MESS at this point..takes "minute study"... I think they all have fell//what I am seeing presently][but...it's obvious if it is world championship...]
By the way....Conor McGreg. V. MayFloyd what of Bones Jones? Isn't that dude supposed to be more RUDE/mma than anyone?
What's his weight? Who would he compete with? Paulie Magalitt-LEE ~OPEN~ for ALL mma comers ("testing ground") - X-real world champ.......

Funny how none of the devastating boxers get call outs.
I don't hear anyone wanting to get in the ring with Canelo or GGG. Or Joshua or Kovalev from the mma world.

Id say haye is a devastating puncher, though he does only have one leg at the moment though!
I would happily see Jimmi manua share a ring with haye after his Achilles heals. We can then at least put the bed these fckin ridiculous cross sport fights when manua is embarrassed and rendered unconscious within 6 minutes. And then mma fans (the clueless ones) will finally realise that mma fighters are not at the level of elite boxers

Attention ..... desperate for attention.

Publicity, money etc.

Which is funny when the average just bleed MMA fan will still you boxing is dying.

Pretty simple , making money in combat sports is hard . They saw a fellow fighter having possible success and the fighters want to supplement thier income

Some of them are told they are really good at boxing , in sparring even though the boxer is told to take it light on the fighter

In hopes to get on some boxing vs mma card headlined by Floyd & Connor. Everyone wants in on that.
Plus it gets their name in the headlines because its topical. More so than an actual mma fight would.
It will be the flavor of the month/s until the Floyd vs Connor freak show let down.

Back